News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I wish that the long-awaited tsintaosaurus will be commercialized soon and I hope that PNSO hatzegopteryx will soon be a reality.

Avian

Me too, especially the Hatzegopteryx.I have a few PNSO pterosaurs from their miniature line, and they are great. If a large pterosaur were made, I would definitely buy one.
You must understand the past before you can change the future.

suspsy

I just want more miniatures and more of the new mid-range scale. Bring 'em on!
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

Whatever the final configuration that these prospective releases assume, this all seems to be good news, dispelling the fears that PNSO might disappear again. Now I just have to wait for the next Eofauna glimpse to get the lay of the land for my 2020 hunting, since Safari has totally unveiled, completing my "big three."

Concavenator

Really good news they're still around. I'm interested in seeing more of the medium sized range - the only range I'm interested in from them so far.

Can't wait to see the new figures!

Ravonium

Just a question; is anyone here absolutely sure that's a Hatzegopteryx?

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on January 06, 2020, 05:54:13 PM

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium ITdactyl quotes in response dinosaur PNSO 2611. In fact, in the photograph on the previous page of PNSO there is a drawing by Zhao Chuang, a pterosaur, I hope it is the long-awaited hatzegopteryx. I understand that there must be some leakage of the PNSO news so I already take it for granted that there will be a hatzegopteryx but in this case I understand that it is an unconfirmed rumor.

Ravonium

Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 06, 2020, 06:03:00 PM

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium ITdactyl quotes in response dinosaur PNSO 2611. In fact, in the photograph on the previous page of PNSO there is a drawing by Zhao Chuang, a pterosaur, I hope it is the long-awaited hatzegopteryx. I understand that there must be some leakage of the PNSO news so I already take it for granted that there will be a hatzegopteryx but in this case I understand that it is an unconfirmed rumor.

I did see that post, but considering that Zhao Chuang (to my knowledge) has done all the promotional artwork for PNSO, it's not hard to work out that the artwork was by him, meaning it's quite possible that Hatzegopteryx was just a guess of what genus it was meant to be. Of course, it's also possible (and IMO more likely) that ITdactyl knew something that I currently don't.

Changing subject a bit, I've counted the number of minis on display using both images, and yeah, there's gonna be a new series of them (although something makes me not confident that they're minis of prehistoric animals).

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on January 06, 2020, 06:29:16 PM
Quote from: Shonisaurus on January 06, 2020, 06:03:00 PM

I did see that post, but considering that Zhao Chuang (to my knowledge) has done all the promotional artwork for PNSO, it's not hard to work out that the artwork was by him, meaning it's quite possible that Hatzegopteryx was just a guess of what genus it was meant to be. Of course, it's also possible (and IMO more likely) that ITdactyl knew something that I currently don't.

If anyone can read the text from the PNSO THEM Pterosaurs book that could confirm.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Flaffy

The text does not reveal any information about the pterosaur, unfortunately.

ITdactyl

avatar_Ravonium @Ravonium , the others have already clarified the matter before I could.  Although it looks more like a Quetzalcoatlus, that is indeed Zhao Chuang's 2013 rendition of Hatzegopteryx (sans the updated shorter neck, slightly bigger head and keel on the lower 'beak').

*edit*, just found a major blunder on my part after checking the book.  It seems Zhao Chuang did have a more modern looking Hatz, and that pterosaur in the picture is in fact an Azhdarcho (not Hatzegopteryx).  So sorry, My bad.

On the second matter, no, I do not have insider information from PNSO.  I just saw that they used the pterosaur art in their HK convention images - and since most (if not all) the older promo art of PNSO have been turned to figures, well, it got my hopes up.  Maybe they'll produce it, maybe not... but I hope they do.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Flaffy on January 06, 2020, 06:50:05 PM
The text does not reveal any information about the pterosaur, unfortunately.

Can you tell the page number? Might say something. Either way it seems it's confirmed to be a Hatzegopteryx.

My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Flaffy

PNSO's hatzegopteryx looks like this: (unless PNSO made multiple versions of the same genus)

ITdactyl

Hey avatar_Ceratosaurus @Ceratosaurus , I checked the book and edited my post.  Sorry for the blunder, but the pterosaur in the picture is an Azhdarcho.  The art for Hatzegopteryx is different (as pointed out by avatar_Flaffy @Flaffy ).

On that note, checking the link for the English version that you shared previously seems to add more to the confusion.  The art is still labelled as Azhdarcho, but in the size comparison page (where the same image is compared to other fliers), it is labeled as Quetzalcoatlus.

Ravonium

Thanks ITdactyl for the clarification, and to Ceratosaurus and Flaffy for posting images of the source of the artwork (I really need to catch up with purchasing these 'artwork encyclopedias' that PNSO and Eofauna have been putting out lately :-[ ).

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: Ravonium on January 06, 2020, 07:18:59 PM
Thanks ITdactyl for the clarification, and to Ceratosaurus and Flaffy for posting images of the source of the artwork (I really need to catch up with purchasing these 'artwork encyclopedias that PNSO and Eofauna have been putting out lately :-[ ).

From what I can tell PNSO hasn't released an English version of their Age of Pterosaurs or Age of sea monsters book. I asked them in the summer and they said it should be released this year so hopefully that means it's coming soon. I believe their age of Dinosaurs is available in English, French and Italian.

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: ITdactyl on January 06, 2020, 07:16:15 PM
On that note, checking the link for the English version that you shared previously seems to add more to the confusion.  The art is still labelled as Azhdarcho, but in the size comparison page (where the same image is compared to other fliers), it is labeled as Quetzalcoatlus.
This could easily just be a translation mishap. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Loon

I hope it's a hatzegopteryx, it's really lacking a decent figure outside of the just ok CollectA version.

stegosauria

Quote from: ceratopsian on January 06, 2020, 08:33:40 AM
Quote from: stegosauria on January 06, 2020, 08:16:23 AM
I see right that in the middle of the third picture is the China Post set?

And the re-released figures from the China Post set aren't something like between 10 and 14 cm long? At least this was what I found on EverythingDinosaur about their sizes. That certainly larger than the minis and they were released in white boxes like the Stegosaurus and not in PNSO's mini figures' usual plastic package. And their prices are closer to the some of middle sized figures than to the minis' too.

The six small figures, headed by the Nemicolopterus flanked by ceratopsians,  lined up in front of the Ankylosaurus in the third picture are not the China Post set.  Are these the ones you meant?

Sorry I meant the 2. picture (forgot to correct it before posting). On the lowest shelf there are white boxes like the 6 little dinosaur set with book (I think). And the end of them (around the middle of the picture) I can see clearly the Microraptor and the Yangchuanosaurus (the others are hard to see).

Andreioli

This Baidu thread reports some new limited edition expensive PSNO statue:

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6452750509

Image (if it loads directly):

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: