News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sim

Quote from: Concavenator on February 19, 2020, 08:24:14 PM
I like the idea of a PNSO Torvosaurus. But I hope the ankylosaur will not be included, as it will surely increase the price and I don't really care for ankylosaurs too much. If it's in their 1:35 Museum Line, it will probably be pricey, but if I like it (and based on the image PNSO showed of the Torvo alone, I do indeed  :P ) and it's not too expensive I might consider it anyways.

I think the best thing PNSO could do is release the Torvosaurus and ankylosaur separately so that people can choose if they want both or not.  I would've liked them to do that for the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus as I'm only interested in the Yangchuanosaurus.  However this time I'm interested in both the Torvosaurus, and the ankylosaur which I think might be Mymoorapelta.  So I hope both Torvosaurus and the ankylosaur get released, separately or together.  A Jurassic ankylosaur is noticeably missing in figure form.

Concavenator

Quote from: Sim on February 20, 2020, 11:24:27 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on February 19, 2020, 08:24:14 PM
I like the idea of a PNSO Torvosaurus. But I hope the ankylosaur will not be included, as it will surely increase the price and I don't really care for ankylosaurs too much. If it's in their 1:35 Museum Line, it will probably be pricey, but if I like it (and based on the image PNSO showed of the Torvo alone, I do indeed  :P ) and it's not too expensive I might consider it anyways.

I think the best thing PNSO could do is release the Torvosaurus and ankylosaur separately so that people can choose if they want both or not.  I would've liked them to do that for the Yangchuanosaurus and Chungkingosaurus as I'm only interested in the Yangchuanosaurus.  However this time I'm interested in both the Torvosaurus, and the ankylosaur which I think might be Mymoorapelta.  So I hope both Torvosaurus and the ankylosaur get released, separately or together.  A Jurassic ankylosaur is noticeably missing in figure form.
Yes, I love that Yangchuanosaurus with a passion. The Chungkingosaurus is nice as well, but the Yang is an absolute wonder. Had the Yang been released individually I would have gone straight for it.

ceratopsian

I too like the idea of animals being released separately so the collector can either just buy one or choose to make up a diorama. I would have loved to have the resin Nankangia. But I don't want its companion.

Syndicate Bias

Honestly I just want a better paint app on their dinos. I really wish their Giga had been like it was gonna be planned as instead I had to paint it and it isn't even what I wanted. I'm about to ask PNSO if they can just sell me the original

KeU

stargatedalek

I kinda hope this list is for more upcoming baby dinosaurs. That Torvosaurus curled up like it's in the egg or sleeping is very cute.

Shonisaurus

A carcharodontosaurus would be an intelligent bet of PNSO (if it is possible to materialize its commercialization) it is a rare theropod in the toy market, except for the carcharodontosaurus of Safari, Collecta and Recur I have no more figures of that African theropod.

From what it seems the torvosaurus is going to present itself in an embryonic state, not as an adult, I suppose the figure will be made of resin and will be expensive, anyway it seems that the project of this figure looks lovely.

ceratopsian

So far the lineup seems very much focused on large theropods. I ardently  hope they have some herbivores up their sleeve. Or perhaps a Chinese pterosaur. Or some of the smaller Chinese theropods from Liaoning province. Mind you, I'd be ecstatic if they produced a model embryo - but I don't really expect that!

suspsy

A little more variety would certainly be nice, but it is still only February.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

A Carcha would be nice made like that.

Sim

Maybe we're seeing theropods now due to the lack of them in PNSO's previous releases which were three ornithischians, one fish, one ichthyosaur and one crocodyliform.  I'm disappointed by this Carcharodontosaurus though.  I dislike how it's feathered and it's disappointing that the elongated skull reconstruction is being used.  It's just as wrong to use the elongated skull reconstruction for Carcharodontosaurus as it is for Giganotosaurus.

Also, PNSO has already made Giganotosaurus and Yangchuanosaurus.  I would've liked to see a new dromaeosaurid from PNSO before yet another allosauroid.  I'm still hoping PNSO will make Austroraptor or Sinornithosaurus.  If this Carcharodontosaurus ends up pleasing people though I'll be happy for those people.

SidB

Leyster

avatar_stargatedalek @stargatedalek do you have any source for Torvosaurus being specialized on turtles? I remember some claims of it being close to freshwater areas (the same for Ceratosaurus, basically: long teeth etc.), but nothing about turtles.
"Dinosaurs lived sixty five million years ago. What is left of them is fossilized in the rocks, and it is in the rock that real scientists make real discoveries. Now what John Hammond and InGen did at Jurassic Park is create genetically engineered theme park monsters, nothing more and nothing less."

SidB

Quote from: ceratopsian on February 21, 2020, 04:07:56 PM
So far the lineup seems very much focused on large theropods. I ardently  hope they have some herbivores up their sleeve. Or perhaps a Chinese pterosaur. Or some of the smaller Chinese theropods from Liaoning province. Mind you, I'd be ecstatic if they produced a model embryo - but I don't really expect that!
My concern is also that the emphasis is on large theropods = relatively expensive units. i'd like to see more in the mid-priced range, i.e., like their Ankylosaurus, Spinops and Stegosaurus. Hadrosaurs would be great.

Syndicate Bias

Gothmog the Baryonyx

I'd echo that a Jurassic Ankylosaur (hopefully Mymoorapelta) would interest me more than a Torvosaurus, but a good Torvosaurus would still interest me.
I'm just hoping for more of that 'medium' line, some nice minis, and maybe a re-release of the Shantungosaurus vinyl. (They have recently mentioned Huanghetitan on facebook so maybe they are re-releasing these? If it's not wishful thinking.
Oh and if that resting Tsintaosaurus to be in the vaguely affordable Museum line.
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

SidB

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on February 28, 2020, 09:30:38 PM
I'd echo that a Jurassic Ankylosaur (hopefully Mymoorapelta) would interest me more than a Torvosaurus, but a good Torvosaurus would still interest me.
I'm just hoping for more of that 'medium' line, some nice minis, and maybe a re-release of the Shantungosaurus vinyl. (They have recently mentioned Huanghetitan on facebook so maybe they are re-releasing these? If it's not wishful thinking.
Oh and if that resting Tsintaosaurus to be in the vaguely affordable Museum line.
I hope that your right about the Huanghetitan, its price has been steadily headed upwards over the last while - maybe a reintroduction will encourage a better price point. There aren't may big sauropods available these days.
I'd sure welcome a Tsintaosaurus. I've got a Shantungosaurus on order through Aliexpress, since early Feb. Who knows how long the transit will take in these troubled times.

Shonisaurus

S @SidB I look forward to PNSO making a tsintaosaurus and gigantoraptor of acceptable size on a scale similar to its yangchuanosaurus vs chungkingosaurus, giganotosaurus, amargasaurus, spinosaurus and mosasaurus to give several examples.

SidB

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 29, 2020, 04:26:19 AM
S @SidB I look forward to PNSO making a tsintaosaurus and gigantoraptor of acceptable size on a scale similar to its yangchuanosaurus vs chungkingosaurus, giganotosaurus, amargasaurus, spinosaurus and mosasaurus to give several examples.
Yes, well worth waiting for, even if they're gong to be on the back burner due to production bottlenecks and public health issues. On that note, one prognosticator estimated that up to 60% of the world's population may eventually be affected, so there are greater concerns  for all of us. I think that it's becoming clear that everybody in one great big boat, no one is an island.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: