News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

there's no foldout/infosheet included in my Atopodentatus set. which PNSO social media should i contact? (i ordered it from Taobao and i doubt any of those sellers would go out of their way to send me one)
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Stegotyranno420

Say, why are most of the figures on amazon prime, free shipping, free returns, expect for Wyatt and Bart? When Gamab comes out, how long will it take for it to become free ship

Carnoking

It did take a while for the others to become available on prime. I think the machairoceratops and atopodentatus were very recently given the prime treatment despite the fact that some of the later figures were already available for it.

Stegotyranno420

I really hope the carcharo is prime by the time of July

Bread

Did not know this, and maybe a few others did not know this too, but Happy Hen Toys now sells PNSO products.
https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-online-store-dinosaur-museum.html
Guess this is another way US customers can purchase PNSO products.

Subduction

Quote from: Bread on May 02, 2021, 05:03:06 AM
Did not know this, and maybe a few others did not know this too, but Happy Hen Toys now sells PNSO products.
https://www.happyhentoys.com/pnso-online-store-dinosaur-museum.html
Guess this is another way US customers can purchase PNSO products.

Oh wow, this is really good news! Thank you so much for sharing! I knew that I could purchase PNSO products from Everything Dinosaur and Dan's Dinosaurs. But I'm very happy to learn I can buy them from Happy Toys too! Especially since they like to offer free shipping depending on how much you spend. Thanks again for sharing this with everyone, Bread. :D

Eocarcharia

What are everyone's thoughts on the Basilosaurus? I was thinking of getting it. Has anyone who has gotten one recently noticed a quality downgrade in the paint or anything else like some of the other large models have been having? I noticed my Yangchuanosaurus/Chungkingosaurus set I got last year doesn't look as nice as most other members'.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Eocarcharia on May 04, 2021, 10:34:28 PM
What are everyone's thoughts on the Basilosaurus? I was thinking of getting it. Has anyone who has gotten one recently noticed a quality downgrade in the paint or anything else like some of the other large models have been having? I noticed my Yangchuanosaurus/Chungkingosaurus set I got last year doesn't look as nice as most other members'.

I bought it on release and its epic! Not sure about current releases though.  The Ankylosaurus I bought recently has that awful white/dust wash so they do differ.

Kapitaenosavrvs

I always love, when clicking on here and the first Post from 2016 is "Anybody knew of these guys?".

SidB

Quote from: Kapitaenosavrvs on May 09, 2021, 11:04:43 AM
I always love, when clicking on here and the first Post from 2016 is "Anybody knew of these guys?".
Yes, PNSO has become more than a bit of a production steamroller. How long can they keep it up? Of course, if the preponderance of their sales, or at least a substantial portion, is in the vast Chinese market, then this could go on for quite a while. Imagine that!

sauroid

they have come a long way. imagine just five years and so much development. i understand some companies' sense of threat. i hope PNSO would stay with us for a very long time.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Halichoeres

Best thread intro ever.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

sauroid

Quote from: SidB on May 09, 2021, 12:28:55 PM
Yes, PNSO has become more than a bit of a production steamroller. How long can they keep it up? Of course, if the preponderance of their sales, or at least a substantial portion, is in the vast Chinese market, then this could go on for quite a while. Imagine that!
this is just a wild guess but i think they are literally the #1 bestselling company that makes prehistoric animal figures. it also helps that their products are easily acquired worldwide (via online orders) even without any direct distributors in major countries.

Gothmog the Baryonyx

Easily acquired by what definition?
Megalosaurus, Iguanodon, Archaeopteryx, Cetiosaurus, Compsognathus, Hadrosaurus, Brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Albertosaurus, Herrerasaurus, Stenonychosaurus, Deinonychus, Maiasaura, Carnotaurus, Baryonyx, Argentinosaurus, Sinosauropteryx, Microraptor, Citipati, Mei, Tianyulong, Kulindadromeus, Zhenyuanlong, Yutyrannus, Borealopelta, Caihong

Dinoguy2

Quote from: sauroid on May 11, 2021, 08:12:33 PM
this is just a wild guess but i think they are literally the #1 bestselling company that makes prehistoric animal figures. it also helps that their products are easily acquired worldwide (via online orders) even without any direct distributors in major countries.

Nah. A company like Schleich, with exponentially higher production numbers and which is sold at mass retail, will easily sell many orders of magnitude more prehistoric figures than a tiny boutique company like PNSO that has to Kickstart some of their models  ;)

I guarantee Schleich and Safari both sell in one day what PNSO has sold ever.

Add in a company like Mattel... I'm 1000% sure Mattel sold more JP figures this year than everything Safari has ever sold since the 80s. Mattel has probably pre-sold more figures to Target that won't come out until 2022 and haven't even been tooled yet than PNSO has produced to date  ;D
The Carnegie Collection Dinosaur Archive - http://www.dinosaurmountain.net

suspsy

Yeah, it's the same as how McDonald's and Wendy's will always sell way more burgers and fries than a smaller restaurant chain which boasts far superior food.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Bread

Quote from: Gothmog the Baryonyx on May 11, 2021, 11:33:20 PM
Easily acquired by what definition?
This. I would not say PNSO is the easiest nor the hardest to acquire, but definitely more of an unknown as I would say that's the best word for it. Never know when your package will show up; however yes ordering process is quite easy. Everything Dinosaur, Dan's Dinosaurs, Aliexpress, Happy Hen Toys, etc... have them but the shipping process is quite random. I have had orders show up 3+ months later (amazon) and orders arrive within a week (aliexpress). Just very random and unknown acquiring time.

SidB

Sort of my experience too, but without the rapid-fire delivery that @ bread received in one case at least. The dependability of the Aliexpress, Dan's Dinosaurs and Everything Dinosaur retail sources has been, for me, 100%. Yes, it would be nice if it had been faster, but, on the other hand, the shipping from China has been free or close to it, so I can't complain.

Bread

Quote from: SidB on May 12, 2021, 04:01:51 PM
Sort of my experience too, but without the rapid-fire delivery that @ bread received in one case at least. The dependability of the Aliexpress, Dan's Dinosaurs and Everything Dinosaur retail sources has been, for me, 100%. Yes, it would be nice if it had been faster, but, on the other hand, the shipping from China has been free or close to it, so I can't complain.
Agreed. I have had good experiences from all retailers except Everything Dinosaurs as I am a U.S. consumer and have never ordered from them. Amazon had a large delay and issue with shipping (took 3 months to arrive); however customer service was excellent. Aliexpress has always been good, took about 6 days with one order but rest have been ranging from 10-20 days. All in all, it is the customers choice to where they would like to purchase PNSO products, but should come with awareness as PNSO's products must take a long journey before they end up in your hands.

Edit: Also an order from Dan's took about 3 weeks but the packaging was superior to Aliexpress. Also, Happy Hen Toys I have yet to order from but will try soon.

sauroid

i get my PNSOs from Taobao / Aliexpress and usually take within a week to get to me and i get to pay COD. thats what i meant when i said it was so easy. just realized doesnt apply to all consumers, my bad. i should also add that im located in Asia hence the convenience.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: