News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

PNSO dinosaurs

Started by Fluffysaurus, March 23, 2016, 10:28:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Concavenator

Does anybody know how can I get additional acrylic rods? The ones that are included with PNSO's bipeds I plan to use for the respective figures, but I would be interested in getting more to use them with figures from other companies.

I know these are around, but it seems the bases of the rods are not included. Do you really have to use the black base to make them work? I don't like that base.

Bread

Quote from: Concavenator on December 03, 2023, 01:05:35 PMDoes anybody know how can I get additional acrylic rods? The ones that are included with PNSO's bipeds I plan to use for the respective figures, but I would be interested in getting more to use them with figures from other companies.

I know these are around, but it seems the bases of the rods are not included. Do you really have to use the black base to make them work? I don't like that base.
I did make an error stating that the PNSO support rod bases came with those additional clear circle bases, my apologies for this misinformation.

I recommend and this has worked for some users here, is to ask PNSO through the aliexpress store to include an extra display rod with clear base. You can ask them through Aliexpress store messenger section. Of course this would work best if you do it this way. I don't know how well PNSO answers emails.

Concavenator

avatar_Bread @Bread No worries, and thank you for your advice! Whenever I order a PNSO figure, I always do it directly from their AliExpress store, so I'll try asking them for extra supports the next time I get to it. Hopefully I'll be lucky!

DinoToyForum

Is the "Scientific Art Models" line exactly the same as the "Dinosaur Museum' line, or are they different?

Sim

I think they're the same thing.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 08, 2024, 05:48:04 PMI think they're the same thing.

I think so too. Do you know if both branding is on the packaging? I'm asking because I'm going to update all the PNSO titles on the blog and I want to make sure I get it right.

I think most of the PNSO reviews on the blog that have no line listed actually belong to the "Prehistoric Animal Models [that accompany your growth]" line, if that's actually a line and hasn't just been inferred from PNSO's general tagline.

Sim

avatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, I checked the boxes of my PNSO Kronosaurus and 2021 Triceratops both of which are museum series models and they do say "scientific art model" on the box.

I think the main PNSO line is "Prehistoric animal models" for short and the same plus "that accompany your growth" in full.

The dinotoycollector PNSO section lists the lines of all the PNSO models.  The "scientific art models" are the museum series models.  Here's a link to the section: https://dinotoycollector.com/Browse/Browse.php?Company=PNSO

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Sim on March 08, 2024, 06:52:42 PMavatar_DinoToyForum @DinoToyForum, I checked the boxes of my PNSO Kronosaurus and 2021 Triceratops both of which are museum series models and they do say "scientific art model" on the box.

I think the main PNSO line is "Prehistoric animal models" for short and the same plus "that accompany your growth" in full.

The dinotoycollector PNSO section lists the lines of all the PNSO models.  The "scientific art models" are the museum series models.  Here's a link to the section: https://dinotoycollector.com/Browse/Browse.php?Company=PNSO

Stock images of those figures are also helpful (like these ones on Everything Dinosaur).

The Kronosaurus reads "Marine Museum"

But "Dinosaurs Museum."......"1:35 Scientific Art Model" on the box images:

While the Triceratops reads "Dinosaurs Museum"..."1: 35 Scientific Art Models".

So, "Dinosaurs Museum" (and "Marine Museum"?) can be regarded as sub-lines of "1:35 Scientific Art Models" line.

I'll adopt this format in the titles of DinoToyBlog reviews, like so:

"Kronosaurus (Jeff) (Dinosaurs Museum, 1:35 Scientific Art Models by PNSO)"

Edit: Sometimes the brand reads "Dinosaurs" or "Dinosaur", and sometimes it read "Models" or "Model". I'll put this down to typos and just pick one or the other to be consistent.

Halichoeres

It's always been weird to me that they established the Marine Museum sub-line for the Kronosaurus and then never added anything else under that banner.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.