News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Memorabilia Archive

Started by E.D.G.E. (PainterRex), April 04, 2016, 01:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How would you like a website archive of each figure that has been produced to be organized?

By genus? (Looking through genus; each page has each company's figure of the genus)
By company? (Look at the company's page with a list of links to each figure)
By time? (Same as genus but with the time periods the animals existed in)
Other

E.D.G.E. (PainterRex)

Alright so I am creating an archive. Each prehistoric figure to be created will be included, it should not take me too long, but longer than you'd think.

Here is a link: http://dtarchive.weebly.com
Hello! We are the Expeditioner's Discovery Guild Enterprise (E.D.G.E.). Subscribe to us on YouTube to get interesting content about Earth's past, present, and future!

✅Email: [email protected]

✅Facebook: facebook.com/ExpeditionDG/

✅Discord: https://discord.gg/RDW4mAk

✅Twitter: twitter.com/EDGEinthewild

✅Instagram: @edgeonthetrail

Lanthanotus

Hi PainterRex,

currently I use (next to the DTB review archieve which is my first place to go) the toyanimal wiki which is great as it has a hell lot of figures (not only prehistorics) by most companies and from all times. The search function makes it easy to navigate. Another database I use is the Dinosaur Model Database which loads real fast and all categoreis can be sorted by alphabet or number which makes navigation easy, however it lacks a lot of older figures and only has the major companies.

So my vote would is, "all of the above mentioned" enhanced by a search function (if possible).

Wish you good luck and success for your project.

Halichoeres

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 04, 2016, 07:26:06 PM
Hi PainterRex,

currently I use (next to the DTB review archieve which is my first place to go) the toyanimal wiki which is great as it has a hell lot of figures (not only prehistorics) by most companies and from all times. The search function makes it easy to navigate. Another database I use is the Dinosaur Model Database which loads real fast and all categoreis can be sorted by alphabet or number which makes navigation easy, however it lacks a lot of older figures and only has the major companies.

So my vote would is, "all of the above mentioned" enhanced by a search function (if possible).

Wish you good luck and success for your project.

That's a good list, Lanthanotus. The Dinosaur Model Database is pretty useful but unfortunately hasn't been updated for several years. Toyanimal.info has several active editors (including me) and certainly has the potential to be quite complete. The most exhaustive treatment is Joe DeMarco's "Dinosauriana," but it is riddled with typos and other errors, and is organized in a very old-fashioned way that makes finding things (and updating it) pretty cumbersome.

@PainterRex: I expect it will take even longer than you think, although it depends on where you draw your boundaries. Glancing at your "companies" list, it looks like you're aiming to cover a lot of ground. Godspeed.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.