News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

General discussion - public

Started by DinoToyForum, March 13, 2012, 11:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gwangi

From what I recall that movie was seriously lacking in prehistoric critters. The previous movie, The Land That Time Forgot, was far better. No pareiasaur in that one though.

Newt

I had another close brush with a tornado two nights ago. This is getting to be a regular occurrence!  There was a touchdown about a mile north of my house, which killed three people and caused a great deal of destruction. I could hear the freight-train wind and saw some bizarre electrical phenomena - in addition to the typical lightning, there were some blue-green bolts and flashes, and what looked like a drifting orange fireball. I've never seen anything like it before.

Faelrin

Glad to see you safe and okay. Very lucky for you, but very awful for those other people. We do get tornados here in PA too but most are mild, although a few have been devastating, including one in a town nearby from where I was going to school.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Newt on December 11, 2023, 04:18:10 PMI had another close brush with a tornado two nights ago. This is getting to be a regular occurrence!  There was a touchdown about a mile north of my house, which killed three people and caused a great deal of destruction. I could hear the freight-train wind and saw some bizarre electrical phenomena - in addition to the typical lightning, there were some blue-green bolts and flashes, and what looked like a drifting orange fireball. I've never seen anything like it before.

I'm glad you are okay. I'm curious, did you take any footage of the electrical phenomena? It sounds like it was terrifying so probably not!

Newt

I did not take any video. It didn't occur to me until it was too late.

Over9K

Quote from: Newt on December 11, 2023, 04:18:10 PMI had another close brush with a tornado two nights ago. This is getting to be a regular occurrence!  There was a touchdown about a mile north of my house, which killed three people and caused a great deal of destruction. I could hear the freight-train wind and saw some bizarre electrical phenomena - in addition to the typical lightning, there were some blue-green bolts and flashes, and what looked like a drifting orange fireball. I've never seen anything like it before.

I'm just South of Knoxville, and was working until super late that night. Drove home with the top down, because it was over 50°, tho the wind was a bit extreme! I saw heavy lightning off the to the South, but I stayed dry for the 30 mile commute.

Wife told me when I got home we had been under a Torando Watch for a couple hours, and that Clarksville had gotten hit really bad. I had totally just turned off my personal "Torando Radar", because December twisters are pretty rare!

Guess I'll have to pay closer attention!

Newt

avatar_Over9K @Over9K - I didn't realize you lived in Tennessee. I've spent some time in your neck of the woods - I used to have family in Morristown, and I worked a summer in Knoxville.

I'm in Madison, which is a suburb of Nashville. Clarksville is my old home town. They both got hit hard, as did a bunch of the towns between - White Bluff, Ashland City, Springfield, Hendersonville, and Gallatin all definitely had damage, I'm sure others did as well. I'm not sure how many separate tornados were involved.

I've lived in Tennessee all my life, and I can remember when tornados were a rarity here. They're becoming increasingly common. We haven't caught up with Kansas, Oklahoma, or Texas yet, but we're definitely heading in that direction!

postsaurischian

:D  I have just bought me a ticket for the sneak preview of the new Miyazaki movie.
 Some may find it blasphemous but this year December 21 is gonna be my personal Christmas day ^-^ .

CAN'T WAIT!

Lanthanotus

Quote from: postsaurischian on December 18, 2023, 05:31:59 PM:D  I have just bought me a ticket for the sneak preview of the new Miyazaki movie.
 Some may find it blasphemous but this year December 21 is gonna be my personal Christmas day ^-^ .

CAN'T WAIT!

Wish you a good experience with this.

Would also be an opportunity for me and my wife and son to see the cinema again (lasts time`s quite a while now)

Newt

I saw The Boy and the Heron last week. I would be interested in hearing your opinions of it once you have seen it, avatar_postsaurischian @postsaurischian and avatar_Lanthanotus @Lanthanotus.

thomasw100

Can anyone please explain me how I can directly upload some pictures of a dino model in a post? The only option I see is to insert a web address. But am I supposed to first upload my pictures onto some website in order to be able to show it here?

ceratopsian

I'm afraid you cannot upload photos directly T @thomasw100. You have to host your photo on a photo hosting site such as Flickr etc.

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 30, 2023, 07:46:59 PMCan anyone please explain me how I can directly upload some pictures of a dino model in a post? The only option I see is to insert a web address. But am I supposed to first upload my pictures onto some website in order to be able to show it here?

Faelrin

T @thomasw100 Yes you need to use an image upload website like flickr, imgur, etc. Upload your images there, copy the links, and use the insert an image button to add them here.

Libraraptor

Quote from: thomasw100 on December 30, 2023, 07:46:59 PMCan anyone please explain me how I can directly upload some pictures of a dino model in a post? The only option I see is to insert a web address. But am I supposed to first upload my pictures onto some website in order to be able to show it here?

https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=173.0

Mellow Stego

Well, decided to do a bit of spring cleaning the other day. Took a bunch of figure boxes to the dump. Figured why should I keep them.

Well, turns out I threw out my BOTM boxes that still had all the extra limbs.  :'(
That one hurt.
Keep calm and love dinosaurs

SidB

Quote from: Mellow Stego on January 05, 2024, 12:39:04 AMWell, decided to do a bit of spring cleaning the other day. Took a bunch of figure boxes to the dump. Figured why should I keep them.

Well, turns out I threw out my BOTM boxes that still had all the extra limbs.  :'(
That one hurt.
Yes, ouch!

Faelrin

Big oof there. Those are definitely not something I would have thrown out, and that's partly why (but I have numerous other reasons too). In any case maybe you could try reaching out to David and see if he could send you some extra parts to help you recover what you lost?

DinoToyForum

I've been using Paypal for Ebay purchases for the better part of two decades without my account being linked to a credit card. But I'm suddenly getting an error message "Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase." when I try to pay with PayPal on Ebay, even though I have sufficient funds in my Paypal account, and I'm not doing anything different to usual. I don't want to link a card to Paypal, that defeats the whole purpose of Paypal for me, which is to avoid using cards online as much as possible. Has anyone noticed this change recently and does anyone have a workaround?

thomasw100

Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 28, 2024, 03:01:54 PMI've been using Paypal for Ebay purchases for the better part of two decades without my account being linked to a credit card. But I'm suddenly getting an error message "Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase." when I try to pay with PayPal on Ebay, even though I have sufficient funds in my Paypal account, and I'm not doing anything different to usual. I don't want to link a card to Paypal, that defeats the whole purpose of Paypal for me, which is to avoid using cards online as much as possible. Has anyone noticed this change recently and does anyone have a workaround?

I did not have that problem, but a different one that may be potentially related to some hidden policy changes in Paypal. When trying to pay something with the Option Family and Friends, I got an error messages that my payment method (credit card in this case) would not be valid. I had just paid the day before something else with Paypal, but the I would use the Commercial option (with buyer protection). Interestingly, when I changed the payment option to Commercial in that transaction that gave me the error, it would work smoothly.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: thomasw100 on February 28, 2024, 03:29:37 PM
Quote from: DinoToyForum on February 28, 2024, 03:01:54 PMI've been using Paypal for Ebay purchases for the better part of two decades without my account being linked to a credit card. But I'm suddenly getting an error message "Please add a debit or credit card to complete your purchase." when I try to pay with PayPal on Ebay, even though I have sufficient funds in my Paypal account, and I'm not doing anything different to usual. I don't want to link a card to Paypal, that defeats the whole purpose of Paypal for me, which is to avoid using cards online as much as possible. Has anyone noticed this change recently and does anyone have a workaround?

I did not have that problem, but a different one that may be potentially related to some hidden policy changes in Paypal. When trying to pay something with the Option Family and Friends, I got an error messages that my payment method (credit card in this case) would not be valid. I had just paid the day before something else with Paypal, but the I would use the Commercial option (with buyer protection). Interestingly, when I changed the payment option to Commercial in that transaction that gave me the error, it would work smoothly.

I'm still facing this problem but it only seems to only occur when I "make an offer" or "submit a bid". I can "buy it now" without any problem. So, I guess it's something to do with the final price not being confirmed when I make the offer, so PayPal wants a Credit Card connected in case the final price ends up greater than my Paypal balance. Silly. Anyway, it means someone else can have the Dinosaurs of China Mamenchisaurus in this lot of Papos etc that I've been watching get relisted again and again, I've given up trying!: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/156107351126

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: