News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: Oddities Line: T-Rex Fetus in Jar

Started by joossa, May 24, 2016, 05:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joossa

Rebor Oddities Line: T-Rex Fetus in Jar
This has not been officially confirmed to be in the Rebor Oddities Line. Looks to be a T-Rex fetus in a jar with liquid. Seems to have a light source.
Scale: ?
Tease Date: N/A
Black and White Image Release Date: N/A
Official Color Images Released on: 05/24/16
Estimated Date Product Available for Purchase: 2017

Features: LED Lights? USB Cable?

This thread is for specific discussion on Rebor's T-Rex Fetus in Jar from their "Oddities Line". Below are Rebor's statements on this product and product images from their FaceBook page and from this forum.

Quotes:

02/03/15:
QuoteWe will release a entirely new line called "REBOR Oddity" soon, one thing you can know for sure that is this line is definitely NOT kid friendly, such as dino fetus in jar with real liquid or dinosaur fossils replicas, this line will be the gathering of weird and frightening products, if use one word to describe this line, it will be "freakshow".

02/05/15:
About 2015 Releases:
Quote from: REBOR_STUDIO on February 05, 2015, 03:50:34 PM
Quote from: ARUL on February 05, 2015, 03:15:48 PM
Keep making a real dinosaur rebor based on physical/scientific evidence  :D

We will release a few more dinosaurs this year then focus on prehistorical animal replica/Oddity/Club Selection line  :)

02/09/15:
QuoteWe are planning a entirely new line called "REBOR Oddities", it will be the gathering of collectibles that related to fossils, specimens, fetus and other unusual elements; real glass, brass, wood and even liquid will be used to decorate these extraordinary models to create vintage feelings, then a little touch of modern technology will be applied such as LED lights or even USB cables!

This product line is still at the planning stage and we have no idea of what we can actually create, although the first product could related to this 1:50 Tylosaurus proriger fossil replica (yes, the one on the poster is a 1:50 prototype sculpture), which is inspired by one of the most famous and complete Mosasaur specimen. Anyway, we will show you something amazing, in time.

We will offer the most crazy ideas, most exquisite concept arts, most unique designs and most bizarre products to fans and collectors. Welcome to REBOR Carnival and it's time for the FREAKSHOW!

QuoteFB User: Will this new line be limited edition like "Jolly"? Hope no :)
Rebor: Nope~ :)

05/24/16:
QuoteTease 2: We can create her, we have the technology.

09/18/16:
QuoteFB User: I remeber seeing the little rex embryo in the pod? Is that coming out this year REBOR?
Rebor: Next year :)

Color Photo: 05/24/16:

-Joel
Southern CA, USA

My Collection Topic

Silvanusaurus

In all honesty... I really like this. I used to make things like this myself, not with dinosaurs, but cryptozoological specimens. This could be much more interesting to me than Rebor's other secondary lines.

Victoria's Cantina

As weird and unexpected as this is, I must say I kind of want one...

stargatedalek

I'd really love a series of these, maybe even small enough to be keychain lights.

tanystropheus

I was planning on eventually giving my bedroom a minimalist but 'museum' type look. I thank REBOR's Oddities line for making the idea more likely.

REBOR should invest in the cryptid toy market, as well.

Victoria's Cantina

Quote from: tanystropheus on May 25, 2016, 02:06:29 AM
I was planning on eventually giving my bedroom a minimalist but 'museum' type look. I thank REBOR's Oddities line for making the idea more likely.

Have you seen Creatureplica's figures? Impeccable detail. But yeah, would be interesting if Rebor ever expanded into a totally different type of product line.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

tanystropheus

Quote from: Victoria B on May 25, 2016, 02:09:17 AM
Quote from: tanystropheus on May 25, 2016, 02:06:29 AM

Have you seen Creatureplica's figures? Impeccable detail. But yeah, would be interesting if Rebor ever expanded into a totally different type of product line.

Yeah, they look pretty good. But I think REBOR could do even better, especially in terms of their imaginative bases  ;D
Skunk ape + swamp diorama. Ogopogo + lake diorama. Chupacabra + goats diorama. The possibilities are endless.

tanystropheus

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 24, 2016, 08:25:56 PM
I'd really love a series of these, maybe even small enough to be keychain lights.

keychain lights would be pretty cute. It seems possible. They did do fridge magnets.

LophoLeeVT

check out MY NEW YOUTUBE CHANNEL!!!Blueproduction dino action!!! Dont forget to subscribe for more stuff!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLWQjvkq8qSyXALeEkHFeqw

Silvanusaurus

I'm imagining this as life-size... but a smaller piece would be more practical and affordable I suppose. Imagine something like a fully preserved specimen of the famous velociraptor vs protoceratops entanglement, pickled in a jar, or tank, with all it's brutal detail intact!

Arul

Hmm...interesting, im wondering how small is this gonna be

Raptorqueen89

for all the nit picky accuracy dino nerds out there - check out the hands!  They look to be supinated.

MLMjp

Quote from: Raptorqueen89 on November 05, 2016, 03:14:40 AM
for all the nit picky accuracy dino nerds out there - check out the hands!  They look to be supinated.
It lacks feathers and the skull should less boxy and more slender, so correctly positioned hands don't make this embryo accurate. ;)
Gotta say, I like the concept of this piece. If the embryo was more accurate I would not mind having one.

Flaffy

Ya sure that's an accurate tyrannosaurus?

stargatedalek

An embryo wouldn't necessarily display feathers, even some birds don't hatch with them. It depends on how dependent infant Tyrannosaurs were as to whether feathers would be expected on hatch-lings/embryos.

Oversized feet and generally lithe proportions are sometimes seen in bird hatch-lings, which leaves only the skull shape weighing this piece down.

MLMjp

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2016, 03:09:43 PM
An embryo wouldn't necessarily display feathers, even some birds don't hatch with them. It depends on how dependent infant Tyrannosaurs were as to whether feathers would be expected on hatch-lings/embryos.

Oversized feet and generally lithe proportions are sometimes seen in bird hatch-lings, which leaves only the skull shape weighing this piece down.
But this one looks like a rather developed embryo, which soon will break out of the egg. Shouldn't it had at least bit of plumage?

stargatedalek

Quote from: MLMjp on November 05, 2016, 03:42:29 PM
Quote from: stargatedalek on November 05, 2016, 03:09:43 PM

But this one looks like a rather developed embryo, which soon will break out of the egg. Shouldn't it had at least bit of plumage?
A lot of birds are born with absolutely no feathers. Although as I just realized the wrinkles covering it may be intended as scale lines rather than a preservation artifact of being preserved in liquid, which would be incorrect no matter what.

CarnegieCollector

Is this a real T. rex fetus, or is it just a rebor model?
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Raptorqueen89

Quote from: MLMjp on November 05, 2016, 11:48:41 AM
It lacks feathers and the skull should less boxy and more slender, so correctly positioned hands don't make this embryo accurate. ;)
Gotta say, I like the concept of this piece. If the embryo was more accurate I would not mind having one.

About that, I just mean the lack of pronation in the hands would be a step in the right direction for Rebor.  Please correct me if I am wrong, but a baby rex is yet to be discovered?  I watched a doco where Jack Horner discussed that pachycephalosaurus and stygimoloch are really growth partners, so the juvenille skull is more slender and eventually loses the spiky crown as it grows into a pachy.  Whereas in the case of Nanotyrannus for example, Robert Bakker and Philip Currie's theory suggests that it is probably a new genus, however the argument is controversial as it could be one of three things. Nano could represent a baby rex, different species or separate genus, but with lack of specimens the argument remains polarized.  So I guess my argument is how do you now a baby rex indeed had a more slender snout?  perhaps it was a perfect replica of it's parents?  Just a theory and as I said, please point me in the direction of new or more accurate research as I would love to know more about juvenile rexes.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: