News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Blade's Dios

Started by Blade-of-the-Moon, May 31, 2012, 08:48:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blade-of-the-Moon

REALLY hot outside so I decided to play around while waiting . I bring you The Hunt :

The hunters began to close in on the lone young Brachiosaur :

She turns and spots the leader rushing in :

A roar from behind ! :

She's surrounded :

Using her advantage in height she spies a way out and makes for the falls near the cliffs , but she is pursued :

Finally she can run no more and turns to face her attackers :

Himmapaan

...Whereupon, she promptly squishes two of the presumptuous allosaurs without effort. The others realise their mistake and flee in half a minute less than no time.

:P ;D

Simon

VERY nice work Blade!  I would suggest trying a distance shot with a smaller tree trunk than the one in the middle photos ... also try with the sun behind the critters, creating haze and thus a bit more realism by obscuring the paint jobs ... ditto with converting some of the photos to B & W and seeing if they look more real that way .... very nice work ...

stoneage

Great pictures, especially the ones with the Brachiosaur and Allosaurs!  You positioned them just right.  You should have entered one in the Diorama competition.  Hope you have another one.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Himmapaan on May 31, 2012, 09:22:18 PM
...Whereupon, she promptly squishes two of the presumptuous allosaurs without effort. The others realise their mistake and flee in half a minute less than no time.

:P ;D

Hey now, no add-libbing ! lol ;D

Quote from: Simon on May 31, 2012, 10:27:17 PM
VERY nice work Blade!  I would suggest trying a distance shot with a smaller tree trunk than the one in the middle photos ... also try with the sun behind the critters, creating haze and thus a bit more realism by obscuring the paint jobs ... ditto with converting some of the photos to B & W and seeing if they look more real that way .... very nice work ...

Thanks! Yeah I didn't notice the tree trunk til after the pic..my camera screen looks really dark in the sun. This is the same spot I took some pics of the SS Apato ..but the road trimmer guys chopped down my bushes that were there.. :/ It's one of the few places  I can fudge scale  with trees the right distance away..there is also a road, baseball field and a fence behind them you can't see.. lol  The sun sets to the right of this shot so I would actually build something to pose them on and try to avoid trees..there so many big ones around here you can see the sun set too well.

Quote from: stoneage on May 31, 2012, 11:29:08 PM
Great pictures, especially the ones with the Brachiosaur and Allosaurs!  You positioned them just right.  You should have entered one in the Diorama competition.  Hope you have another one.

Thanks , I don't really do competitions..it's just for fun and my friends enjoyment here really. :)

If I find a better location I'll try some more. I need to find a place with scrub pine about the right height..they look like miniature adult trees.

Gwangi

Great job. I especially like the last three, the toys really look like large living animals (as much as they can anyway). The only problem...the grass, but there is not much you can do about that.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gwangi on June 01, 2012, 02:30:29 AM
Great job. I especially like the last three, the toys really look like large living animals (as much as they can anyway). The only problem...the grass, but there is not much you can do about that.

Thanks..yeah i like the perspective in those as well. Grass is pretty much everywhere.. maybe I can do something if  I got serious about it..there are ways. ;)

Gryphoceratops

Nice!  Also I love the paintjobs on those little Allos. 

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Gryphoceratops on June 02, 2012, 01:06:08 AM
Nice!  Also I love the paintjobs on those little Allos.

Thanks ! They aren't total repaints..just mods but I liked em'. :)

Bokisaurus

I see Ms BrachiO already explored the area, and already gotten herself into trouble with the local gang! Very nice story-dio

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Bokisaurus on June 02, 2012, 04:49:47 PM
I see Ms BrachiO already explored the area, and already gotten herself into trouble with the local gang! Very nice story-dio

Yeah..this territory is predator heavy unfortunately..it's rife with conflict..lol  Perhaps after some time she puts some weight on and bulks up she'll be better able to survive.. ;) ;D

Blade-of-the-Moon

A change of pace for this one :

Africa. Two super predators are on course to cross paths. Emerging from the foliage they meet eye to eye.

A challenge ?

No. A mating dance.

The male moves forward examining the female .

She circles and examines him in turn.

They move off together .

They head to nearest to river .

Their first date .

Hope you guys enjoyed it ! ;D

DinoFan45

The Spino's and Allo's look great! Who repaints and edits your dinos?
"Life will find a way."

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: DinoFan45 on June 03, 2012, 02:54:24 AM
The Spino's and Allo's look great! Who repaints and edits your dinos?

Thanks ! For these guys, that would be me who does them. :)

ZoPteryx

Great work Blade!  I really like the second Spino pic!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Zopteryx on June 04, 2012, 02:12:44 AM
Great work Blade!  I really like the second Spino pic!

Thanks glad you like it !

I like that area they are in..it has year old dead fern bits and cypress mulch for substrate..perfect for a swampy feel. ;)

Metallisuchus

Top notch! I like your repaint better than the original.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 04, 2012, 03:57:48 AM

The full repaint is a popular scheme.. ;D  I did also touch up the original one to have more detail. :)

Metallisuchus

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 04, 2012, 09:15:29 AM

The full repaint is a popular scheme.. ;D  I did also touch up the original one to have more detail. :)

Yeah I noticed you said that, but I don't have the replica myself (yet), so I don't know what you changed, especially considering sunlight, etc. in your photos. I like the full repaint better than the touch-up one anyway.  You people all amaze me though. I'm simply a collector - I don't build, paint, modify, or draw dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Metallisuchus on June 04, 2012, 11:12:21 PM
Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on June 04, 2012, 09:15:29 AM

Yeah I noticed you said that, but I don't have the replica myself (yet), so I don't know what you changed, especially considering sunlight, etc. in your photos. I like the full repaint better than the touch-up one anyway.  You people all amaze me though. I'm simply a collector - I don't build, paint, modify, or draw dinosaurs.

Oh I did various things..mostly just adding depth to the flat paint job though.

You should give one of those a try..it's not too difficult modifying or painting them. :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: