News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Kong ; Skull Island

Started by Derek.McManus, July 06, 2016, 01:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek.McManus

Thank you RolandEden, very interesting information!

stargatedalek

Where is the Biollante hint?

RaptorRex

Hate to say it but I doubt Biollante or any other Godzilla-related Kaiju will be appearing considering that Warner Bros is distributing the movie in Japan and not Toho.

CityRaptor

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 02, 2016, 01:38:21 AM
Where is the Biollante hint?

It says Florafauna on the blacklight map. Not really a hint at her, if you ask me.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Quote from: RaptorRex on November 02, 2016, 03:25:00 AM
Hate to say it but I doubt Biollante or any other Godzilla-related Kaiju will be appearing considering that Warner Bros is distributing the movie in Japan and not Toho.
Maybe not the Toho ones but homages, remember Legendary doesnt have all the rights. Probably we will have a hybrid of plant and animal that resemble to biollante, a giant gliding lizard like varan or a giant theropod like carcharodontosaurus that resemble to Gorosaurus. At least I hope to see a post credit scene with a shadow and a roar (Rodan). Probably they will mention some of them. But judging the script was made before Universal moved to Warner Bros, only names.

Derek.McManus

If the producers follow the idea of Skull Island as a form of 'lost world' there is potential for lots of different creatures to reside there.

SpartanSquat

Probably most of the fauna are survivours like Godzilla. I think Rodan should be in the film, he fits very well along with most mesozoic creatures of the island

Dilopho

These are unused 2014 godzilla monsters. would like to see them in the new kong movie, it would fit very well with the "evolution untouched" theme the island has.

dragon53

THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10

KONG: SKULL ISLAND---director Jordan Vogt-Roberts commented on the first photo released of King Kong from the prequel movie that stars Tom Hiddleston and Brie Larson, "That sequence comes from a point in the movie where you're not quite sure who Kong is, what his purpose is, how people should be perceiving him. Through the folly of man, where our initial instinct is to attack anything that is not a known quantity, both sides jump the gun, Kong and the humans, and it kicks off a relatively messy engagement. At first, of course you're going to perceive something like that as a terrible threat and monster — the physicality of him alone."

SpartanSquat

He resemble a lot to the 33 version but more savage

triceratops83

I'd like Anguirus to show, modeled more after an ankylosaurus.
In the end it was not guns or bombs that defeated the aliens, but that humblest of all God's creatures... the Tyrannosaurus rex.

Appalachiosaurus

stargatedalek

Quote from: RolandEden on November 10, 2016, 07:59:42 PM
He's based on the Toho version.

I'd heard a while back that "no dinosaurs will be fighting Kong" but I hope that doesn't mean none will appear. I would be ok with that if they hadn't gone and teased dinosaur skulls lying everywhere.

suspsy

It's good that they chose not to make their version of Kong look like another giant lowland gorilla. I say that as someone who adores the 2005 film.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: triceratops83 on November 11, 2016, 05:01:03 AM
I'd like Anguirus to show, modeled more after an ankylosaurus.

That would be awesome.  But Toho only let them use Mothra, Rodan, and  King Ghidorah.  Well and Godzilla too. Those are almost all of Toho big five, just need Mechagodzilla to complete it.  I just hope Mothra still has her little twin fairies. They need to sing to her as she fights other kaijus.

Dilopho

No dinos? But they are standing on a dinosaur skull...

SpartanSquat

Quote from: stargatedalek on November 11, 2016, 02:04:58 PM
Quote from: RolandEden on November 10, 2016, 07:59:42 PM
He's based on the Toho version.

I'd heard a while back that "no dinosaurs will be fighting Kong" but I hope that doesn't mean none will appear. I would be ok with that if they hadn't gone and teased dinosaur skulls lying everywhere.
The director said he was inspired by the 33 film. And the face looks similar, maybe the reddish brown hair was inspired by Toho one, but remember the 33 puppet Kong was brownish.
Maybe not dinosaurs, but monsters inspired by dinosaurs? Like Godzilla, he is not a dinosaur but he resembles to one dinosaur.
@triceratops83: I think Anguirus would fit as a giant archosaur like Kaprosuchus or a terrestrial croc.
Also the viral website is update: http://www.discoverskullisland.com/
And the twitter: https://twitter.com/MONARCHSCIENCES

CityRaptor

No Dinosaurs? Seriously? Just because it is set in the 70s does not mean that they have to make the island as barren as the 70s version...
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Quote from: CityRaptor on November 11, 2016, 09:21:56 PM
No Dinosaurs? Seriously? Just because it is set in the 70s does not mean that they have to make the island as barren as the 70s version...
Thats one of my fears of this version...I hope we will see more monsters, the guy who saw the cut said there are many monsters and fights.

CarnegieCollector

No dinosaurs?! But the dinosaurs are a staple of the King Kong franchise! Oh well, King Kong will eventually fight Godzilla...and he is a dinosaur.
Is there an alternate universe in which dinosaurs collect figures of people?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: