News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Finally finished a dinosaur model kit!

Started by modelnut, July 16, 2016, 01:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

modelnut

I've given up dithering about what dinosaurs "should" look like. I tell you I have had models sitting around in primer for years while I waffled about what to paint them. But with my wife's encouragement I am starting to slap the paint on.  ;D

The first one completed is Kaiyodo's Dinoland Ankylosaurus in 1/20 scale.

With a 1/24th scale man (close enough to 20)

With the family car.

In normal lighting the model looks way too dark. I may repaint Anky some day. But I'm calling him done for now.

- Leelan

modelnut

I forgot to mention that I re-sculpted his butt. I just didn't like how it was done in the kit.

You can see how square it is in this "before" picture.

Here it is "after" but before painting.

Apologies to Kazunari Araki, the sculptor. But I had to change it.  :-[

- Leelan

Crackington

Very nice paint job and love the pictures with the man and car. The man looks like the main cop in "The Shield"!

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

btb300

This looks fantastic, I especially like the detail of the eyes.
Inevitably, underlying instabilities begin to appear.

Nanuqsaurus

Really nice! Very good paint job, and it looks way better with the fixed butt! :P

Dobber

My customized CollectA feathered T-Rex
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=4326.0

acro-man

simply amazing!
and nice change to the original. ^-^
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Derek.McManus

:) very smart model...looking forward to seeing more of your work!

tyrantqueen

I like the fixed posterior and the earthy tones...very nice.

modelnut

Thank you everyone!

I've given the model a bit more drybrushing to lighten up the model some more. It looked way too dark in person. Much better now. I need to take better pictures soon.

BTW it's the perfect size for Ankylosaurus magniventris in 1/24 scale. So the figure and the car are perfectly in scale.  :D

- Leelan

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.