News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neosodon

Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on May 05, 2017, 03:59:48 PM
Quote from: Neosodon on May 05, 2017, 03:48:25 PM
Quote from: Nanuqsaurus on May 05, 2017, 12:03:09 PM
I wonder why they chose Stygimoloch as a new dinosaur, it is so similar to (and probably the same animal as) Pachycephalosaurus.
Probably because of the more striking head gear. And maybe they thought it was smaller and cuter too. Pacycephalosaurus isn't exactly a name that will generate to much hype ether. No kid is going to stand up in the middle of the movie and be like "It's a Pachyceph-stuter-stuter-blah-blah-alosaurus!"  :))

I probably would have done that when I was a kid :P But Pachycephalosaurus is still much more famous than Stygimoloch, I don't think that name rings a bell by the major public.
They don't need to use famous dinosaurs since they are kind of the ones that make dinosaurs famous. Any dinosaur that makes it into the JP franchise seems to become an instant hit. We will probably be getting flooded with Carnotorus and Stygimoloch figures after the movie comes out.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

I wonder why they chose Stygimoloch as a new dinosaur, it is so similar to (and probably the same animal as) Pachycephalosaurus.
Probably because of the more striking head gear. And maybe they thought it was smaller and cuter too. Pacycephalosaurus isn't exactly a name that will generate to much hype ether. No kid is going to stand up in the middle of the movie and be like "It's a Pachyceph-stuter-stuter-blah-blah-alosaurus!"  :))

I probably would have done that when I was a kid :P But Pachycephalosaurus is still much more famous than Stygimoloch, I don't think that name rings a bell by the major public.

It's a popular species here in the park, i can tell you that much.  far more folks seem to take pics with it over our newer Pachy.. i think they like the horns.

PumperKrickel

deleted

CityRaptor

Would also not be the first time it appears in JP media.
http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/Stygimoloch
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Appalachiosaurus

Quote from: MLMjp on May 03, 2017, 06:11:55 PMI loved Jurassic World, it was exactly what I wanted, what I needed.

I'm glad someone else shares my opinion. Jurassic World is a very polarized movie, people seem to either love it or think it's the worst film ever made (which tells me they haven't watched very many films). The first time I watched JW was the best movie going experience in my life, and I can hardly imagine a time where I was more ecstatic compared to when Rexy ran out of her paddock at the end. While I personally don't think it's better than JP or TLW, I still absolutely love it and I am very excited for the sequel.

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on May 03, 2017, 06:29:46 PM
3 new dinosaurs have been confirmed!
-video-

While I don't doubt those dinosaurs might appear in the movie, Tommy H has a record of taking fan speculation or rumors as complete fact. Carnotaurus has been speculated for a while now, him pumping out a video right now with a carno thumbnail and the title "THREE NEW DINOSAURS!?!" without a source to back it up seems suspicious to me. I personally try to stay away from his videos because of his inability to separate canon and fanon.

MLMjp

Quote from: Appalachiosaurus on May 06, 2017, 05:43:21 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on May 03, 2017, 06:11:55 PMI loved Jurassic World, it was exactly what I wanted, what I needed.

I'm glad someone else shares my opinion. Jurassic World is a very polarized movie, people seem to either love it or think it's the worst film ever made (which tells me they haven't watched very many films). The first time I watched JW was the best movie going experience in my life, and I can hardly imagine a time where I was more ecstatic compared to when Rexy ran out of her paddock at the end. While I personally don't think it's better than JP or TLW, I still absolutely love it and I am very excited for the sequel.

I felt exactly like you. To this day, Jurassic World is the movie that I have enjoyed the most in a cinema ever. The final fight and the ending roar, and other scenes like welcome to Jurassic World. It basically give me a geek org*sm.

IMO it is on par with TLW or better. Unfortunately I am not as excited for the sequel as you, for the reasons I already exposed.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Neosodon on May 05, 2017, 04:11:33 PM

They don't need to use famous dinosaurs since they are kind of the ones that make dinosaurs famous. Any dinosaur that makes it into the JP franchise seems to become an instant hit. We will probably be getting flooded with Carnotorus and Stygimoloch figures after the movie comes out.

I don't recall Ceratosaurus taking a big leap in popularity or getting merched up the wazoo after it appeared in LW...
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

PumperKrickel

deleted

Neosodon

Quote from: SuperiorSpider on May 06, 2017, 11:52:25 PM
Quote from: BlueKrono on May 06, 2017, 10:01:52 PM
I don't recall Ceratosaurus taking a big leap in popularity or getting merched up the wazoo after it appeared in LW...

It didnĀ“t appear in LW, it appeared in Jurassic Park 3. Of all the new species in that one, only Spino gained popularity.
Ceratosaurus has always seemed kind of popular to me. Second only to Carnatorus in terms of abelisaurs.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Reptilia

I would love to see a Baryonyx in JW2, but I think that a Spinosaurus comeback is much more likely.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Reptilia on May 07, 2017, 07:10:44 AM
I would love to see a Baryonyx in JW2, but I think that a Spinosaurus comeback is much more likely.
The is a Baryonyx coming in JW2!

Silvanusaurus

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on May 07, 2017, 02:28:57 PM
Quote from: Reptilia on May 07, 2017, 07:10:44 AM
The is a Baryonyx coming in JW2!

A Baryonyx is the only thing interesting me about this film so far. Would be nice to get a good Barry figure out of it, but my hopes arent high.

Paleona

Just letting you guys know that Chris Pratt is hosting a fundraiser for the Seattle Children's Hospital, where you have a chance to win a trip to Hawaii, and visit him on the set of JW2 :D I'm for sure entering; it's for a good cause, and how fun would that be??

https://www.crowdrise.com/jurassicworld/fundraiser/chrispratt6

PumperKrickel

deleted

dragon53

JURASSIC WORLD 2---Jeff Goldblum commented on returning as Ian Malcolm for the sequel and his talks with director JA Bayona, "Even though some might say it's popcorn-y entertainment (top-notch, of course), in our conversation he was very focused on the serious issues of greed as it oftentimes comes up in those movies and the marvels of science and reason and the very fascinating point at which our species finds itself both in real life and in this imaginary world too. I'm very interested in that myself, so I'm looking forward to this."

Takama

I hope and Pray this is not another hybrid

Pachyrhinosaurus

Quote from: Takama on May 19, 2017, 01:04:11 AM
I hope and Pray this is not another hybrid

Well it is a hybrid:
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Takama

So its just a Photoshopped version of that one scene?

Faelrin

Yep it's the I. rex. In fact that's a zoomed in screenshot of the I. rex in the scene where it was looking at Masrani and Claire while they were at the paddock.

Now I wouldn't be surprised if those raptor sized Indominus rex things that Hoskins talked about show up in the sequel. Pretty sure I read something somewhere (Jurassic Outpost maybe?) claiming that the ceratopsian skull in the image with the girl looking at it, was a fake dinosaur, so possibly another hybrid. I'm not gonna get my hopes up that this series is done with them yet.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

WarrenJB

It's like they listened more to the 'science ruined dinosaurs!' crowd than the 'we want feathered raptors dammit!' crowd, and went full hog with spikier, fangier, super-persistent-predator-ier, fictional Masters-of-the-Universe versions of real dinosaurs. What Dungeons and Dragons might call 'dire dinosaurs'.

Which would be terribly ironic, in my view.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: