News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CityRaptor

Okay, not asking for details, but just a yes or no. Does the green Raptor appear at one point?
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 09, 2018, 04:33:10 PM
Okay, not asking for details, but just a yes or no. Does the green Raptor appear at one point?
Spoiler
No, it doesn't.  :-\ There is a statue of a Velociraptor featured in a scene, but I don't think it was green.
[close]

CityRaptor

This one?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhtnZANlcuj/?taken-by=jurassic_world2018
Also seems to be the origin of the Attack Pack and Mini Dilophosaurus. Guess old Spitter does not appear either.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Dilopho

Quote from: CityRaptor on June 09, 2018, 04:52:28 PM
This one?
https://www.instagram.com/p/BhtnZANlcuj/?taken-by=jurassic_world2018
Also seems to be the origin of the Attack Pack and Mini Dilophosaurus. Guess old Spitter does not appear either.
Yes, that one.
If you're wondering if the Dilophosaurus makes an appearance:
Spoiler
Yes, a very small one, but you don't get to actually see it. It's lurking in the bushes and hooting. It's implied that it made it off the island too.
[close]

Dilopho

Oh, my absolute favourite thing about this movie is the Indoraptor. It's SO creepy  :o

Spoiler
It actually smiles!  :o :o :o :o :o
[close]

The Atroxious

Quote from: Dilopho on June 09, 2018, 05:03:10 PM
Oh, my absolute favourite thing about this movie is the Indoraptor. It's SO creepy  :o

Spoiler
[close]

It's funny, I'd read that before, but I didn't quite believe it, thinking it was a fluke of that person's interpretation of the camera angle or something. Guess not.

Either way, I'm incredibly excited. Three of my favorite subjects are monsters and mutants, dinosaurs, and horror movies. My hopes for JW:FK are really high.

Dilopho

Quote from: The Atroxious on June 09, 2018, 08:02:53 PM
Quote from: Dilopho on June 09, 2018, 05:03:10 PM

Spoiler
[close]

It's funny, I'd read that before, but I didn't quite believe it, thinking it was a fluke of that person's interpretation of the camera angle or something. Guess not.

Either way, I'm incredibly excited. Three of my favorite subjects are monsters and mutants, dinosaurs, and horror movies. My hopes for JW:FK are really high.
It's definitely not a fluke, you get to see it happen multiple times!  :o The Indoraptor is taken 100% seriously as a threat, and boy.... it IS very, very threatening. I adore it. It's just such a scary creature!!

I feel I should also mention that the T. rex is also taken 100% seriously. It's my personal opinion, but I don't think she's ever seemed so scary before. In the original movie. she acts like a confused , curious animal , but in Fallen Kingdom she really knows that she's the top predator on the island and it shows.

Dinomike

I saw the movie today and was quite disappointed. The movie just didn't have that moment of awe the first movie and maybe JW delivered. I watched the Lost World the other day and I feel the visual effects were better in the old movies. They feel so much more real than the new ones. Maybe it's the iclusion of made up dinosaurs or something but I just am not impressed by the visuals. I also think the screen writing in this new instalment is quite lazy, it mostly copies from the Lost World.
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

ITdactyl

I agree with avatar_Dinomike @Dinomike.  I prefer the dinosaur vfx from JP and TLW over anything that followed. 

Didn't enjoy the movie experience due to a swollen foot, so I won't judge the film (yet).  The Indoraptor did (successfully) cause several children in the theater to scream.  'Went with a bunch of friends - the 2 who like fictional dinosaurs (unfortunately they don't like real dinosaurs) enjoyed the film, the others who didn't care for dinosaurs thought the movie was ok but don't plan on viewing it again.

I have to agree with one review though... JW:FK is a creature (re: xenomorph) flick pretending to be a dinosaur flick.

Dilopho

Oh my goodness... have we talked about how good the titles for the soundtrack are?  :))
(spoilers, because I guess it's possible to guess what happens in the scenes from the puns)
Spoiler
1. This Title Makes Me Jurassic (2:54)
2. The Theropod Preservation Society (3:47)
3. Maisie and the Island (2:07)
4. March of the Wheatley Cavalcade (2:14)
5. Nostalgia-Saurus (1:05)
6. Double Cross to Bear (2:31)
7. Lava Land (3:16)
8. Keep Calm and Baryonyx (2:46)
9. Go With the Pyroclastic Flow (3:43)
10. Gyro Can You Go? (2:16)
11. Raiders of the Lost Isla Nublar (3:20)
12. Volcano to Death (1:38)
13. Operation Blue Blood (3:43)
14. Jurassic Pillow Talk (2:47)
15. How to Pick a Lockwood (3:10)
16. Wilting Iris (1:11)
17. Shock and Auction (2:28)
18. Thus Begins the Indo-Rapture (3:41)
19. You Can Be So Hard-Headed (2:28)
20. Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Free (3:29)
21. There's Something About Maisie (1:20)
22. World's Worst Bedtime Storyteller (2:27)
23. Declaration of Indo-Pendence (4:02)
24. To Free or Not to Free (3:00)
25. The Neo-Jurassic Age (3:33)
26. At Jurassic World's End Credits/Suite (10:55)
[close]

MLMjp

I think I just got spoiled a BIG thing.
Spoiler
The Indoraptor dies impaled on the weird Triceratops skull
[close]
Technically it is something that I kind of expected but....It would have been nice to see it without being sure that it was going to happened.

WHAT I AM SUPOSE TO DO NOW?! I HAVE NOT SEEN THE MOVIE YET
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

DerbesSchuhwerk

That is typically for Giacchino. ;)

Jose S.M.

Quote from: MLMjp on June 12, 2018, 12:55:34 PM
Spoiler
[close]
Technically it is something that I kind of expected but....It would have been nice to see it without being sure that it was going to happened.

The release schedule of this movie makes so hard to keep away from spoilers. A friend from Spain spoiled the very sad scene that everyone talks about for me... On a random Facebook post   :-\

MLMjp

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on June 12, 2018, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: MLMjp on June 12, 2018, 12:55:34 PM
Spoiler
[close]

The release schedule of this movie makes so hard to keep away from spoilers. A friend from Spain spoiled the very sad scene that everyone talks about for me... On a random Facebook post   :-\
The irony is that I am from Spain, but I have not seen the movie yet because of an exam I have next week.

Dilopho

Don't worry, I think you may still be surprised.  ;)

ITdactyl

Went for a 2nd viewing alone.  Heh, I appreciated it more without companions complaining about certain things.

THE SCENE was still a stab in the heart though.

I hope a company releases replicas of the mini-dinosaurs in the park diorama of lockwood mansion.  I need that apatosaurus.

Dilopho

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 12, 2018, 09:10:28 PM
Went for a 2nd viewing alone.  Heh, I appreciated it more without companions complaining about certain things.

THE SCENE was still a stab in the heart though.

I hope a company releases replicas of the mini-dinosaurs in the park diorama of lockwood mansion.  I need that apatosaurus.
Yeah, a Concavenator would be quite nice too, just like the model in the mansion's museum.

Reptilia

Just back from the theatre and wanted to aknowledge one thing, which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere in all the bad reviews I've read and seen so far. Not gonna spoil anything cause it is all already known from the trailers. You make a JP movie which is for the first time placed in a kind of gothic setting, the second part, and what do you reference if not the most iconic, quintessential gothic movie ever?

There's a lot of call-backs to previous chapters of the franchise, but the scene where the Indoraptor's creeping in into the girl's room is an obvious yet subtle homage to Murnau's Nosferatu, and generally to Stoker's archetypal vampire character. The movie is great, I have enjoyed it a lot, and Bayona's a genius only for this reference. I hope the third installment will be as good as the first two, and close the trilogy in a proper way.

Faelrin

I definitely got to agree with that whole vampire comparison, even though I've only seen the trailers at this point.

I doubt I need to spoiler this, since its trailer stuff, but I'll do it just in case:
Spoiler
The scene of it roaring on the roof with the full moon and clouds also gave me a huge wolf-man vibe. At the very least I should be pleased that it sort of homages some old school monster horror stuff (even if not intentionally, though it probably was), aside from the obvious Alien Xenomorph vibes the Indoraptor gave in the trailer too, from its appearance.
[close]

Next week(end) cannot come sooner. I only hope I'll be able to see it then.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

ITdactyl

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin  re: the spoiler... you should see him run.  Your comparison is spot on.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: