News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

JURASSIC WORLD: FALLEN KINGDOM

Started by dragon53, August 10, 2016, 06:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MLMjp

I saw the film last night and...

It was INTENSE. I enjoyed it and I had a great time.

But after walking out of the theater and without the overdose of adrenaline that I experienced I started to think about the film itself. And right now I have a strange feeling, I do not know how to describe it, like there is something about the film that makes me think: What now? What's next? Was it good or it wasn't?

I´m too lazy to go detail by detail so I will just say a couple of thoughs for now:

The pacing of this movie is FAST. This movie is supposed to be the second longest in the series? The movie did not seem that long!
And the scene that everybody talks about...
Spoiler
BRACHIOSAURUS! BRACHIOSAURUS! WHY?! WHY?! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  THAT WAS A STAB IN THE HEART! BRACHIOSAURUS WAS MY FAVORITE WHEN I FIRST WATCHED THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY AND TODAY IS MY SECOND FAVORITE DINOSAUR. AND THE REARING POSE! JUST LIKE IN THE FIRST FILM! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
It took me a while to recover from the shock and star paying attention to the movie.  :'(
[close]

Dilopho

Ah yes, I know exactly what you mean...!
But almost a month later, I have to say that I think it's a great movie.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Spoiler
Yeah when it reared up that was just brutal.

A few things I noticed/liked:

I just got back from seeing it and I think my favorite thing about it was when the power shut down. It felt a lot like the original, each component going out one-by-one.

Also I noticed that the sound effect for the keypad on Nublar was the same as in the first movie, and the sound the fence made when the rex broke through the fence was the same effect as when she broke out in JP.

When the sinoceratops licked Owen my first thought, seeing its tongue, was the microvesicles on the sick trike.

Maisie being a clone didn't bother me like I thought it would. They worked it in well and it wasn't overdone.

One thing I didn't like was all the gun tension, but at the same time it made Wheatley's death that much more satisfying. The editing at the end, with all the different clips didn't feel very Jurassic to me, either but I would imagine it's just because it's a modern movie it flashes back and forth a lot more often.

Overall I liked it a lot more than Jurassic World (right off the bat, anyway, JW grew on me a lot since then). When I saw JW it felt more like they were bridging the gaps between trailer clips but this time there was a much more dynamic feeling to it. A lot of the trailer scenes didn't play out as I thought they would or were at different parts of the movie.
[close]

Quote from: Dilopho on June 09, 2018, 04:59:49 PM
If you're wondering if the Dilophosaurus makes an appearance:
Spoiler
Yes, a very small one, but you don't get to actually see it. It's lurking in the bushes and hooting. It's implied that it made it off the island too.
[close]

Spoiler
Where is this implied? I didn't catch it.
[close]

EDIT: Some other thoughts:

Spoiler
It was also really sad to see the original jeep being destroyed by lava. Yet interesting because I never would have imagined seeing that happen when I saw the original.

And parasaurolophus did make it in!
[close]
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: MLMjp on June 21, 2018, 06:35:21 PM
I saw the film last night and...

It was INTENSE. I enjoyed it and I had a great time.

But after walking out of the theater and without the overdose of adrenaline that I experienced I started to think about the film itself. And right now I have a strange feeling, I do not know how to describe it, like there is something about the film that makes me think: What now? What's next? Was it good or it wasn't?

I´m too lazy to go detail by detail so I will just say a couple of thoughs for now:

The pacing of this movie is FAST. This movie is supposed to be the second longest in the series? The movie did not seem that long!
And the scene that everybody talks about...
Spoiler
BRACHIOSAURUS! BRACHIOSAURUS! WHY?! WHY?! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(  THAT WAS A STAB IN THE HEART! BRACHIOSAURUS WAS MY FAVORITE WHEN I FIRST WATCHED THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY AND TODAY IS MY SECOND FAVORITE DINOSAUR. AND THE REARING POSE! JUST LIKE IN THE FIRST FILM! :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
It took me a while to recover from the shock and star paying attention to the movie.  :'(
[close]

I have to say I totally agree with everything you experienced.

There was at least one kid there crying over that spoiler.

Spoiler
Was I only one that thought there was way too much emphasis given on Maisie's parentage given it was revealed to be something so minor?  I mean she's a clone. Big deal.   I thought maybe she was  Lex's daughter.  it just felt more important than it really was for now.

I did like that after all the "only 11 species" concern that was rectified. Looks like there will plenty of DNA going around everywhere.
[close]

ITdactyl

Indy running like a lycan and howling to the moon.... I got 2 movies for the price of one. :D

I liked that the Maisie plot was minor and not overtly milked.

debating with myself now if I want to shed more man-tears at THE SCENE or give "The Incredibles 2" a chance....

Blade-of-the-Moon

I agree the end result of her plot was minor but it my problem was how much they made you focus on it for such a lame result.  lol

ITdactyl

avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon

Spoiler
there was a lady seated behind me that kept asking her companion if maisie is part dino.
[close]

You're not alone. 'Heard a lot of people leaving the theater with the same reaction.  Same as several of my other friends.  I'm just glad her subplot didn't overshadow the story of the dinosaurs.

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: ITdactyl on June 22, 2018, 07:48:00 AM
avatar_Blade-of-the-Moon @Blade-of-the-Moon

Spoiler
there was a lady seated behind me that kept asking her companion if maisie is part dino.
[close]

You're not alone. 'Heard a lot of people leaving the theater with the same reaction.  Same as several of my other friends.  I'm just glad her subplot didn't overshadow the story of the dinosaurs.

lol yeah
Spoiler
we had the same thought, that focus on her eyes.. maybe she's telepathic?  Wu did that whole speech about the new ones needing a "mom".
[close]

Dilopho

Quote from: Pachyrhinosaurus on June 22, 2018, 03:10:14 AM
Spoiler
Where is this implied? I didn't catch it.
[close]

Well, it's not directly mentioned , I guess...
Spoiler
But there's no way that they'd keep letting you know that the Dilophosaurus exists on the island to just wipe them out, especially as they didn't show the Parasaurolophus being saved either, but it still got saved. right?
[close]

Takama

Spoiler
OK   I just saw this Opening Day in the USA. and this movie did some things that i found to be VERY DISAPOINTING FOR THE FRANCHISE

Apperantly Henry Wu is a Bad Guy now, (And possibly dead now).

[close]

ITdactyl

I'm not sure bad guy cuts it.  Too pragmatic, ego driven, callous but not necessarily a villain.  I've worked with lots of people who're like that - haha... sorry, couldn't resist.

On your 2nd point, we'll probably see him again (I think).

Blade-of-the-Moon

Spoiler
Yes Wu isn't dead.  He was a "bad guy" in JW too..just more hidden.  He is a villain/ sub-villain in the same way as others who are used by the true masterminds.
[close]

Primeval12

I saw the movie today! What A thrill.

first of all.. I LOVED STIGGY <3  Stygimoloch has always been my favorite dinosaur. She really kicked butt! In fact.....

Spoiler
I think she was the first herbivore to kill someone in one of these movies!
[close]

Also I loved the cool deaths in this movie.

Spoiler
I loved the scene with the mosasaurus and how it just silently sneaks up to the sub before CRUNCH!
Wheatley's death was also very cool. I liked how the indoraptor was almost smiling before he did it. We also get our first T. Rex kill in 20 years!
[close]

I also really enjoyed the new characters, especially the baddies. Also, that scene  :'( (you guys know the one). I loved it. 8/10.

Faelrin

I just got back from the theater a little bit ago. Was one heck of a ride that film. Not sure if it's my second favorite in this franchise or if TLW is still. I really liked how Bayona did this film though.

Anyways thoughts below (and major spoilers beware):
Spoiler

-I totally think the opening sequence was the best in any Jurassic film thus far. Some serious suspense/tension, even though I was totally cheering (mentally), and silently giggling when the Mosasaurus ate that dude, and at the rex's attempt. I dunno, I just like seeing the creatures get their fill. The submersible thing was pretty cool too, even though it got wrecked.

-I'm really glad Lockwood seemed like a neat guy, even though he was murdered later on. The mansion was really cool with all the skeletons and dioramas (including a Dimetrodon which vaguely had similar colors as Mattel's future toy, with the red sail and greenish body color. At least now I know why the attack pack Dilophosaurus has the colors it does), and I think Maisie was probably one of the best kids we've got in this franchise.

-The scene with Owen and the lava was kind of funny, especially with the Sinoceratops licking him prior.

-I'm glad the Parasaurolophus made it off even though it had maybe 10 seconds of total screentime, between the scene of it in the truck, and at the end with the herd (and some carnivores) trapped.

-I felt really bad for that Stegosaurus, but that dude had it coming when he was a fool to step into the Indoraptor's cage.

-I definitely cried at the Brachiosaurus scene. That had to be the most heart wrenching scene in the whole franchise, even though the dying Apatosaurus in JW was also sad. Part of me wants to think it was the one seen earlier, and even the thought of it being there since the start wrecked me inside.

-As it turns out, I loved the Indoraptor. It had such character that even the Indominus rex didn't have (especially when it toyed with the guy in his cage). Also probably died the most brutal death of anything if it weren't for the Brachiosaurus scene earlier in the film.

-I also really enjoyed Stiggy, though I had a feeling I would with its cute name. I loved how it was smashing chairs and flinging people around.

-The twist with Maisie being a human clone was also something I did not expect at all. I wonder how that's going to effect things for her going forward (aside from her releasing the dinosaurs at the end, seeing as they are much like her).

-I wonder if this mean's Wu's finally dead now? Going to be interesting to see what happens with the dinosaurs sold off too.

-And of course the Carnotaurus just had to snag some of the T. rex's meal. I totally got a kick out of that.

-Now I had a feeling I knew how this film was going to end, with the Mosasaurus eating some surfers, the Tyrannosaurus roaring at the lion, and the "Welcome to Jurassic World", but Blue looking over the city is a real interesting way to end it, but also much like the ending of JW.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I absolutely loved how the Indominus homaged all those classic movie monsters in one go, even though I already had those haunches from the trailers. But it totally ran (and walked sniffing) on all fours like a werewolf, and the way it just creeped around like a vampire was great.

Edit 2: Another thing came to mind. How Blue totally ditched Owen this time. That was nuts. I guess she ultimately valued her freedom more over sticking with him, though I suppose it makes sense, since he did leave her to fend for her lonesome self all those years.
[close]

I think I'll go see this movie again, if I can given the chance.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Reptilia

Can we stop using spoiler features in this thread, and in the toys one? The movie is out everywhere now, it is a bit annoying to see all these posts with hidden parts.

Shadowknight1

Quote from: Reptilia on June 23, 2018, 11:28:36 AM
Can we stop using spoiler features in this thread, and in the toys one? The movie is out everywhere now, it is a bit annoying to see all these posts with hidden parts.
I probably won't be seeing the movie until next weekend.  I certainly appreciate the spoiler tags being used.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

Jose S.M.

The movie opened yesterday in Latin America and USA. It's still early and not everyone goes on opening weekend to see a movie.

DinoToyForum

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on June 23, 2018, 02:56:20 PM
The movie opened yesterday in Latin America and USA. It's still early and not everyone goes on opening weekend to see a movie.

Yeah, we definitely need to keep the spoiler tags. I don't think they're annoying anyway, it is no problem to click them.

Takama

Spoiler
OkI saw the film again for the second day in a row(Who does that LOL)

And what i saw was not the Jurassic Park that i grew up with. Granted,I dont have nastalgic feelings for the first three films the same way as some hardcore fans do.   I thogh the film was pretty decent with all of the scientific flaws (Like the Fact that Ownen Survives getting too close to lava, and the Pryoclastic Flow that we all seen in the trailers). And i thoght that the Indoraptors Scenes were pretty well shot, and it really shows that a horror director was helming the film. However, the end of the movie left me disapointed, while also wondering several things.

"How are all the Dinosaurs able to fit in that seemgly tight space? Especially the Apatosaurus?"

"Why do the Carnivores not attack the herbivores?  it may seem like such a Dumb AWSOME BRO qustion, but i feel like these creatures were scared, and may have lashed out at others with all the chaos happing in that crammed little space"

"And dont evean get me started on the direction the movie has taken this "Franchise" in.    The Dinosaurs are now roaming the Earth, once again, and then Jeff Goldblum Says "Welcome To Jurassic World". 

Honestly, Ido not want a sequil to this movie, not with a direction is so ludacris. I sincerily wish this is the end of it!
[close]

Rain

Quote from: Takama on June 23, 2018, 05:34:09 PM
Spoiler

"Why do the Carnivores not attack the herbivores?  it may seem like such a Dumb AWSOME BRO qustion, but i feel like these creatures were scared, and may have lashed out at others with all the chaos happing in that crammed little space"
[close]

Spoiler
Lots of animals put off eating and act completely differently when they're stressed out so it's not that silly of a scene.
[close]

I saw the movie last night and thought it was OK. It was enjoyable but didn't really feel like a Jurassic Park movie IMO, aside from the opening sequence, that was great and felt like Jurassic Park.

Also, maybe I was just seeing things cause it was late but

Spoiler
Was there a feathered dinosaur in Lockwood's displays? I thought I saw a tail fan and a downy coat.
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: