News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

T

Fomisaurus

Started by Thylacosmilus, August 16, 2016, 03:39:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thylacosmilus

Hi everybody!

I would just like to know if someone already bought this sculpts/models:
https://www.facebook.com/Fomisaurus-324200197603562/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=overview

I found them while looking at Luis Rey old posts:
https://luisvrey.wordpress.com/2013/11/23/and-then-mexico-once-again/

Apparently, they´re most made of foam and the sculptor lives in Mexico, but there is a lack of other informations in the Facebook page that bothers me (What is the material from which the skin is made? What is the price of each figure? Payment Methods? Does he send to other countries?).

Does anyone know the answers to the questions above? 

Jose S.M.

There are some good looking models in the Facebook page.

Flaffy

Very interesting find Thylacosmilus! I wonder if the creator will consider making this into a line and sell them... They look very good!

Nanuqsaurus

There are some very beautiful dinosaurs on that Facebook page! Looks like this sculptor loves feathers, he even has feathered Lesothosaurus and Heterodontosaurus:D

tyrantqueen

Seems like epoxy resin to me.

terrorchicken

those are fantastic!
heh, he has a quetzalcoatlus and a Quetzalcoatl figure.  :))

Megalosaurus

I live in México.
I have just asked your doubs to the seller, so please wait for the response.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Roselaar

These look grand! The paint jobs and use of feathers are superb. Wonderful species diversity too.

Halichoeres

These are pretty cool. I recognize a lot of animals found in Mexican deposits.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Thylacosmilus

Thanks for helping me, Megalosaurus!  :)

Megalosaurus

Hi.
Theres no internacional shipping available.
The cost depends of the size of the model as follows:

Use a converter from cm to inches and from mexican pesos (MXN) to your currency.

Sorry to say that there isn't a easy way to do this. You have to browse each album and you'll find the scale of each model in the picture description, then do the calculations. Its easier to say which models do you like and then ask how much will it be.

If you want me to help you with the shipping, you'll be paying shipping to my house and the to yours, which can be pretty expensive if the package is big. But I'll do it if you want to continue, no proffit for me.
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Blade-of-the-Moon

shipping was the barrier I ran into a few years ago when he first started out.  I may hit you up for some help Megalosaurus around November if my finances get back on track.  Thanks for the offer!

Thylacosmilus

Thanks for the answer and the offer, Megalosaurus. I spent a lot this year with David Silva Project (and probably  i will have to pay the same value in taxes when i get the figures) and the floating exchange rate starts to become  unfavorable, but I will try to save up money until october/november before I bother you again.  ;D

(Allosaurus (1/20) =  60 cm)  :o   

Doug Watson

Those models on his Facebook page are very impressive.
Luis says "This man has invented a new kind of dinosaur model with a plastic foam technique and a wire skeleton. Accurate, visually stunning dinosaur recreations worth of the most prized model and paleoart collection! On top of that: they are posable! Yes, you can change posture, move neck, limbs and the lot without any hinges." and "Believe me, you have never seen or FELT any dino model like them: they are actually soft and lightweight!"

I am thinking it may be a Silicone Foam could also be Latex Foam but I would be afraid of that breaking down over time.

tyrantqueen

^ Latex or foam would make sense if they were poseable.  I have to admit I'm tempted, models like that would have unlimited potential for dioramas and such. I've always wanted to own a stop motion puppet dinosaur.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.