News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari: New for 2017

Started by Patrx, August 22, 2016, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dilopho

Quote from: PaleoMatt on September 13, 2016, 07:17:04 PM
Wait theres more to come O_o

Oh yeah and I'm back here after my abscence! How long was I gone, or did you forget me?
I haven't seen you since August!
I've been wondering where you'd went  :D

suspsy

I believe there's supposed to be five new prehistoric toys.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Concavenator

Quote from: suspsy on September 13, 2016, 07:35:16 PM
Who told you that?

PaleoMatt

Quote from: Dilopho on September 13, 2016, 07:19:08 PM
Quote from: PaleoMatt on September 13, 2016, 07:17:04 PM
Wait theres more to come O_o

Oh yeah and I'm back here after my abscence! How long was I gone, or did you forget me?
I haven't seen you since August!
I've been wondering where you'd went  :D
Yea I kind of just stopped coming for some reason but I'm back now :D

Dilopho

Quote from: Concavenator on September 13, 2016, 07:55:13 PM
Who told you that?
No-one. Suuuussspsssy knooows eeeverryythhiinggg

suspsy

Quote from: Dilopho on September 13, 2016, 08:07:45 PM
Quote from: Concavenator on September 13, 2016, 07:55:13 PM
Who told you that?
No-one. Suuuussspsssy knooows eeeverryythhiinggg

I thought it was mentioned somewhere in this thread, but it's possible I'm misremembering. In any case, the usual number in the yearly assortment is four or five.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

DC

I am expecting a lot more than 5
You can never have too many dinosaurs

tanystropheus

Quote from: DC on September 14, 2016, 03:39:36 AM
I am expecting a lot more than 5

Shouldn't there be 7 or 8 figures, especially since Safari Ltd. discontinued Carnegie. Also, isn't there a new prehistoric mammals line in 2018 or something...perhaps, I got my info all mixed up...

AcroSauroTaurus

I saw the rest of the new safari extinct life figures on facebook, there are 3 more, so 6 in total. Not sure if I can say what species they are or not, don't want to get in trouble.
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dilopho

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 15, 2016, 04:22:54 PM
I saw the rest of the new safari extinct life figures on facebook, there are 3 more, so 6 in total. Not sure if I can say what species they are or not, don't want to get in trouble.
What do you mean? Someone sent photos to you?

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: Dilopho on September 15, 2016, 04:32:22 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 15, 2016, 04:22:54 PM
What do you mean? Someone sent photos to you?

No, I just happened to see them on facebook, someone had found leaked photos, but I'm not sure if they're really the rest of the new figures, I certainly didn't recognize the figures in the pictures, so they might be the rest of them.
I am the Dinosaur King!

AcroSauroTaurus

Scratch what I just said about that they might be the new figures, Safari just posted a video showing them. They are: Feathered Velociraptor, Diplodocus, and Giganotosaurus! ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoNPhejy9No
I am the Dinosaur King!

empire3569

Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 15, 2016, 04:50:32 PM
Scratch what I just said about that they might be the new figures, Safari just posted a video showing them. They are: Feathered Velociraptor, Diplodocus, and Giganotosaurus! ;D

Uh do you mind posting the link ot the video? I'm not seeing it....

AcroSauroTaurus

Quote from: empire3569 on September 15, 2016, 04:54:20 PM
Quote from: AcroSauroTaurus on September 15, 2016, 04:50:32 PM
Scratch what I just said about that they might be the new figures, Safari just posted a video showing them. They are: Feathered Velociraptor, Diplodocus, and Giganotosaurus! ;D

Uh do you mind posting the link ot the video? I'm not seeing it....

Just updated my post. ;)
I am the Dinosaur King!

Dilopho

EarthboundEiniosaurus

Simply amazing, I'm stunned at the accuracy of all of Safari's products this year, I can't wait to have them on my shelf ;D

Thanks,

EarthboundEiniosaurus
"Just think about it... Ceratopsids were the Late Cretaceous Laramidian equivalent of todays birds of paradise. And then there's Sinoceratops..."
- Someone, somewhere, probably.

empire3569

That giganotosaurus and diplodocus look AWESOME! I paused on the Gigano, it appears to be very detailed, especially the teeth (just like the teaser of the Rex), Im wondering if they really are bringing us a new line of larger dinosaur models....

tyrantqueen

The feathered raptor looks promising. But it's hard to make any judgements when the whole figure isn't visible.

DinoLord

From the brief flashes I saw these figures look exceptional. Hopefully they'll be nice and big!

Dilopho

Ideally they would be the size of Carnegies, but I doubt they will be...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: