News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Alvin's Dinosaurs

Started by alvingkh1979, October 14, 2016, 12:44:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alvingkh1979

Hi,
I have been enthralled by dinosaurs since I was a little boy and the fascination has not waned even as I approach middle age.
They have grown with me through the years, from scaly tail draggers to resplendent and active animals.   
One thing that has remained constant: they will be as much of an enigma to me in my twilight as they did all those years ago.
I wish to show you my dinosaurs, most of which are purchased after I learnt about this forum.
The reviews have been particularly helpful and of course the ease with which we may obtain items from foreign shores presently must be mentioned.
Enough words, here is a preview of what I have...

All of these are presents from people who are dearest to me... Some are from my childhood and some are pretty recent.

Non-dinosaur Kaiyodos and the like.... purchased online and from brick and mortar shops both local and overseas.

Kaiyodo dinosaurs and some Furuta and Takara Tomy.... also purchased online and from brick and mortar shops both local and overseas.

Archinto

What an awesome collection! If this is just a sample I cant wait to see what you have in store for us! I see a lot of nice figures. Ive always loved the jp dinos. Id recommend trying to get the red trex, its one of the best!
:)
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

postsaurischian

I'm loving all these Kaiyodos - so much to see :D.

sauroid

very nice collection! welcome to DTF!
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Jose S.M.

Halichoeres

Welcome to the forum, Alvin! Nice collection, especially all those Kaiyodos!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Awesome collection. All these Kaiyodos Furutas and Takara Tomys....Oh and the JP figures and Safari Velociraptor, too. Welcome to the Forum.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Roselaar

Very nice! Love the Kaiyodosaurs!

alvingkh1979

A few more pictures of my dinosaurs...

CityRaptor

Oh, more good stuff! And the ironically named "The Good Dinosaur"...it's like the Carnegie Brachio looks down at him in disappointment.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Geraldopithecus

Hi Alvin!
This is an impressive collection! :D
Where did you get all these cambric animals (Hallucigenia,...) and paleozoic fishes (Cephalaspis,...)? They are very rare and hard to get!

alvingkh1979

Hi Geraldopithecus,

I was lucky to find most of them in a local toyshop some years ago.
I think you should be able to find them for sale on various online sites now :)

ceratopsian

That's a very impressive collection and nicely displayed.

alvingkh1979

Overview of my collection...

One more shot...

postsaurischian

:) Well organized!

To me this is the most beautiful of the many SEGA Prize Triceratops colour schemes.

Everything_Dinosaur

Thanks for posting the pics, they look great.

Libraraptor

O like your collection very much. The IKEA cabinets are really good for presenting the items. I like the combination with some Star Wars stuff, too.

Lanthanotus

Hmm, a great many dinosaur collectors seem to be SW fans aswell :D .... nice collection Alvin, may I ask what are the sauropods down in the middle section of the shelf? I think I recognize two Favorite (Apatosaurus and Brachiosaurus) and the Safari Apatosaurus, but what are those other two?

alvingkh1979

Hi Lanthanotus,

From left to right:
Favourite Apatosaurus (Soft Model series 1) - Kabaya Seismosaurus - Favourite Brachiosaurus (Soft Model series 2) - Favourite Brachiosaurus (Soft Model series 1) - Wild Safari Apatosaurus

Hope this helps!

Arul

beautiful and very nice collection :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: