You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

An international buyer asked me to find him a Battat diplodocus...

Started by brettnj, November 24, 2016, 02:20:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brettnj

And I know nothing about these...other than that I think some of these were rereleased recently?  Once I know the answer to that, I'll confirm which he wants.

Then I'd appreciate any info, assistance in obtaining one.

Brett

Pachyrhinosaurus

Unfortunately these were not re-released, however prices have gone down since it became a possibility. I don't know if they will now, since any communication with Battat yields an ambiguous reply.
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Flaffy

He can find battat diplodocus on ebay, I think there are one or two for sale.
But there is still no news on the terra one.

brettnj

Dinomike

Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

EmperorDinobot

Unbelievable. It sold one day after being posted. I'm humbled and...surprised! That price was meant to be a bit of a joke! Oh well, now I can buy all of this year's presents. Tee hee!

Bucklander

Quote from: Dinomike on November 24, 2016, 10:04:40 PM
Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 24, 2016, 08:57:52 PM
Just missed one yesterday :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Battat-Museum-of-Boston-Diplodocus-the-legendary-dinosaur-figure-/122238143242?hash=item1c75f60b0a:g:LVkAAOSwux5YNJgp

It sold at a pretty steep price too! If you are lucky, you may get one for much less. I got mine for 120 USD earlier this year. It was also off eBay.

I think it's a safe bet that, unless the new ones are actually released sometime soon, the original MOS figures will again climb to crazy high prices.

Halichoeres

In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

BrontoScorpio

Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2016, 03:10:19 AM
Man, I'm regretting the one I recently sold for $175.
I Can't imagine why someone who possess a 'Battat Diplodocus' be interested in selling it ...
As the phrase says : "once you have found him never let him go"... ::)

EmperorDinobot

Well, when you have more than one, it's always fun to turn one dinosaur into several.

Halichoeres

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 25, 2016, 07:03:42 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on November 25, 2016, 03:10:19 AM
Man, I'm regretting the one I recently sold for $175.
I Can't imagine why someone who possess a 'Battat Diplodocus' be interested in selling it ...

Maybe I'm the only one, but I prefer the Carnegie Diplodocus.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

CityRaptor

Well the las one also sold for that with one bid, so yeah...

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on November 25, 2016, 07:03:42 AM

Maybe someone who does not know what it is? I found the one or other treasure due to people not realizing what they have. That includes the Invicta Lambeosaurus, painted Mamenchisaurus and two different Kleinwelka Iguanodons.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Flaffy

CityRaptor

Getting a Terra one would be sweet. All my Battats are the Terra versions.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 07, 2016, 09:13:23 AM
Now I want to buy it back! I liked having two...

I would be okay with having one. I've seen one "in the flesh", but it belongs to another adult collector.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

EmperorDinobot

Quote from: CityRaptor on December 07, 2016, 10:19:40 AM
Getting a Terra one would be sweet. All my Battats are the Terra versions.

Quote from: EmperorDinobot on December 07, 2016, 09:13:23 AM
Now I want to buy it back! I liked having two...

I would be okay with having one. I've seen one "in the flesh", but it belongs to another adult collector.

On the plus side... *adds 15 Safari dinos to cart*, my Carnegie/Safari collection is about to be complete. And I'll still have leftovers, and one Battat Dippy that's NFS/NFT. So did I win?

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.