News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Where to get a good ~1:30 Iguanodon?

Started by danmalcolm, December 21, 2016, 04:24:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

danmalcolm

Hey there folks, just mooching for advice from whoever is willing to help. Been waiting for an Iguanodon to add to my collection, and I was counting on papo providing one, if I'm honest. Now it looks like they won't be releasing one, at least for a while. While I do like bullylands and safaris offerings, they are both around 20cm long making them a little smaller than I'd like. I really like the gene models iguanodon but can't seem to find a place to order it. Does anybody have any suggestions as to where to get a good iguanodon model that's around 30cm long? Thanks!

RobinGoodfellow

DinostoreUs/Favorite 1:35 resin Iguanodon ( 32 cm ):

https://www.dinostoreus.com/iguanodon-finished.html

Jose S.M.

That's a very pretty Iguanodon, looks very elegant.

danmalcolm

Looks amazing! Thanks. It is a little out of my price range for a single dino, though.
How long is it?

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: danmalcolm on December 22, 2016, 12:24:02 AM
Looks amazing! Thanks. It is a little out of my price range for a single dino, though.
How long is it?

If you are searching for a 1:30 / 1:35 Iguanodon ( 33 cm long ), you don't have so many choices (unfortunately)..  :-\
I love Iguanodon figures too and I have a little collection  ( you can see it here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/130140542@N03/albums/72157674241021004/with/15838154763/ ).
As you can see in my Flickr Album, the only 33cm Iguanodon is the DinostoreUs/Favorite ( that's 1:35 ).
I don't have the Starlux and the Geoworld one ( but they are quite smaller than 1:35...).
All the Iguanodon figures usually on the market are smaller than 1:35.
Also the retired Bullyland yellow/red Iguanodon is 26 cm ( 1:40 ).
Probably there is some resin kit at 1:35 ( the Geenmodels one is now retired).
But a resin kit usually is much more pricey than the DinostoreUs finished model ( http://stores.dansdinosaurs.com/search.php?search_query=iguanodon&Search= ).
On Shapeways there is a 3D figure at 35 cm but it's pricey too ( the LARGE one:  http://www.shapeways.com/product/9FSHP3F9G/iguanodon-medium-large-size?optionId=60864371 ).
If you like chinasaurs, Recur has a 23cm Iguanodon:  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Recur-Toys-Iguanodon-Dinosaur-Model-Highly-Detailed-PVC-Toy-Hand-Painted-Dinosaur-Figures-Original-Design-Soft/32712667143.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.9.nIGi6y&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_2_10065_10068_10000009_10084_10083_10080_10082_10081_10060_10061_10062_10056_10055_10054_10059_10099_10078_10079_427_10073_10103_10102_10096_10052_10050_10051,searchweb201603_2,afswitch_5&btsid=8fa02bc4-eee4-4049-a6bc-f03e5ddc9dc1

Good luck for your search...  :)

Halichoeres

I think the Bullyland Iguanodon is the best bet for a relatively affordable 1:30 Iguanodon. It's actually closer to 1:40, as Robin points out, but it's larger than the Carnegie, Wild Safari, or CollectA versions. It could easily be a 1:30 individual that is smaller than maximum size.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Megalosaurus

I agree about the Bullyland Iguanodon. Look how beautiful it may be when repainted:

Edit:(Repaint is by Shane Foulkes)
Sobreviviendo a la extinción!!!

Jose S.M.

Wow! It's amazing how much better can a figure look with a nice paintjob... beautiful repaint.

Georassic

I actually really like the Bullyland color scheme, but Megalosaurus, that repaint is fantastic.

RobinGoodfellow

Also the Walking with Dinosaurs (Toyway) Iguanodon (24cm, 1:40) could be ok for a sub-adult at 1:35 scale:

...just a little note for collectors: there were 2 Iguanodon figures in the Bullyland catalogue (both retired).
The old Museum Line Iguanodon:

..and the newer Museum Line Iguanodon (with an articulated arm):

The first one was also available with a full yellow paint or in grey.

Finally a comparison:

( with Papo Parasaurolophus at 1:45 scale )

:)

ceratopsian

Quote from: Megalosaurus on December 22, 2016, 11:45:00 PM
I agree about the Bullyland Iguanodon. Look how beautiful it may be when repainted:
Edit:(Repaint is by Shane Foulkes)

That is a gorgeous colour scheme.

danmalcolm

Many thanks, my friends! Especially Robin. You make it extremely easy to build up the collection I have in mind. Between foulkes' repaint and the comparison shot, I've decided to get the bullyland iggy. It's about the size I'm looking for, though it's not a perfect "1:30" it is a reasonable size for a smaller adult individual at that scale. I hope my painting skills will be enough to do justice to what I have in mind! I do really like the pose as well. Though the favorite iggy is more detailed and I like it as well, I don't think it has the personality of the bullyland, and between that and the cost I think I'll start tracking down the bullyland iggy. Thanks guys!

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: danmalcolm on December 23, 2016, 03:58:28 PM
I think I'll start tracking down the bullyland iggy. Thanks guys!

Bullyland Museum Line Iguanodon with Articulated arm - new 2010, RETIRED 2013
@  DeJankins, ( 16USD + shipping ):

http://www.dejankins.com/bullyland-museum-line/
:)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.