News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

<Vitamin-Imagination>'s Customs

Started by Vitamin-Imagination, January 16, 2017, 09:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitamin-Imagination

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 23, 2017, 03:06:54 AM
That Spinosaurus is fantastic!  If you don't mind me asking what was the final cost of printing such a beast?

The Spinosaurus was fortunate to be made free with the help of my friends ;D ;D
It is hard to know the price because there was no production cost.(I expect about $ 2,000. :-X :-X)
But I paid $ 1000 for painting. :) :)

BlueKrono

Quote from: Vitamin-Imagination on January 23, 2017, 07:42:12 AM
That Spinosaurus is fantastic!  If you don't mind me asking what was the final cost of printing such a beast?

It is hard to know the price because there was no production cost.(I expect about $ 2,000. :-X :-X)

Wow! That is next level pricing for dinosaur collectibles. Are you speaking in terms of American dollars?
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Vitamin-Imagination

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 23, 2017, 07:43:51 AM
Quote from: Vitamin-Imagination on January 23, 2017, 07:42:12 AM

Wow! That is next level pricing for  collectibles. Are you speaking in terms of American dollars?

Yes, It's the American dollars. ;D
I don't know what price line overseas has.
But I think it's expensive to make a dinosaur with 3d printer in Korea. :'( :'(

BlueKrono

3-D printing is still expensive here, though we can hope that will change soon. Your Spino must be very large.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Vitamin-Imagination

<Vitamin-Imagination>'s Spinosaurus(3d printing) episode.02

I asked the painter to paint.

Expert put the mini steel reinforcement  to join the structure firmly.

In addition, Expert were combined with a bond used to attach iron.

Putty was used to clear the gap.
And sculpted to unify the pattern of skin.
After that, expert began painting in detail. ;D ;D

This is the moment when painting is completed at 90%. ;D ;D
The painter is a famous painter in south Korea. The painter's nickname is Gaia(or anjh78).
This link is his blog. http://anjh78.blog.me/220801446796 :) :)

Look forward to the next episode.
<Vitamin-Imagination>'s Spinosaurus(3d printing) Last episode = Base production +  Completion of Spinosaurus :) :)

Blade-of-the-Moon

wow that certainly is pricey, our adult spinosaurus here in the park didn't cost so much!
I love 3D printing tech but it still needs to come way down in cost.
It would have been cool to cast it as a resin kit though..I love BIG dinos!

BlueKrono

I had a question about your Spinosaurus. The stance you have it in is clearly quadrupedal, otherwise it would fall forward, but you have the fingers curled in so it appears to be walking on the outside of its knuckles as gorillas do. Why did you decide to orient the fingers this way rather than pronated like on the CollectA deluxe Spinosaurus?

Vitamin-Imagination

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on January 24, 2017, 07:26:20 AM
wow that certainly is pricey, our adult spinosaurus here in the park didn't cost so much!
I love 3D printing tech but it still needs to come way down in cost.
It would have been cool to cast it as a resin kit though..I love BIG dinos!
I sympathize with your words.
And I also prefer resin kits.
When I made this, I wanted to know that I could make a dinosaur with a 3d printer.
Luckily I had the opportunity to use a free 3d printer.!!!! :o :o :o :o
So I have challenged myself. ;D ;D

Vitamin-Imagination

Quote from: BlueKrono on January 24, 2017, 07:31:40 AM
I had a question about your Spinosaurus. The stance you have it in is clearly quadrupedal, otherwise it would fall forward, but you have the fingers curled in so it appears to be walking on the outside of its knuckles as gorillas do. Why did you decide to orient the fingers this way rather than pronated like on the CollectA deluxe Spinosaurus?

My spinosaurus was made in 2014.
At that time, it was the data I referenced.

I thought that the shape of the hand bent inside was wonderful.
So, my spinosaurus hand is like that. ^-^ ^-^

spinosaurus1

granted, the finger position in the collecA version is no less implausible then the knuckle walking as neither the arms or fingers of any spinosaurid are built for weight baring.

Killekor

WOOOOOOOOOOW!!!!!!!!!! FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on January 24, 2017, 08:50:01 AM

granted, the finger position in the collecA version is no less implausible then the knuckle walking as neither the arms or fingers of any spinosaurid are built for weight baring.

I think posing it on the knuckles is more plausible at least in a statue/figure as it help prop it up without being totally against a basic fact of dinosaurian hand orientation.

spinosaurus1

QuoteI think posing it on the knuckles is more plausible at least in a statue/figure as it help prop it up without being totally against a basic fact of dinosaurian hand orientation

yep, i can see this being the case as well. for a figure/ statue of this size and weight, knuckle walking would be much more balanced and structurally rigid then having the fingers spread outwards where they risk breakage or warping.

Vitamin-Imagination

<Vitamin-Imagination>'s Spinosaurus(3d printing) episode.03

Base production

The moment, painter finished painting the back foot.

The finished giant model spinosaurus.

I really invested a lot of time and money. :'( :'(
But I forget such hard work when I see the finished spinosaurus. :D :D
The review of spinosaurus modeling is now over. ;D ;D
Thanks everybody.

The next story ...

Killekor

WOW!!!! GREAT!!!! It exist a smaller version of the Spinosaurus in 1:40-1:55?

Thanks

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

Vitamin-Imagination

Quote from: Killekor on January 26, 2017, 11:47:37 AM
WOW!!!! GREAT!!!! It exist a smaller version of the Spinosaurus in 1:40-1:55?

Thanks

Killekor

I have not yet produced my own Spinosaurus model in 1:40-1:55. :'( :'(
But you can buy a similar size Spinosaurus in my shop.

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/jinkyeom

Lanthanotus

While the last theropod's head looks way too mch shrink wrapped for my taste, I've to say that most other models look fabulous, I especially like the dark grey Gorgosaurus (?) and that Quetzalcoatlus (? ,... even if shrinkwrapped too). You design them all by yourself? Great work and very believable paintjobs :)

Vitamin-Imagination

Quote from: Lanthanotus on April 13, 2017, 07:49:52 PM
While the last theropod's head looks way too mch shrink wrapped for my taste, I've to say that most other models look fabulous, I especially like the dark grey Gorgosaurus (?) and that Quetzalcoatlus (? ,... even if shrinkwrapped too). You design them all by yourself? Great work and very believable paintjobs :)

I'm the CEO of a company that produces dinosaur contents.(Vitamin_Imagination)
Let me show you some of my favorite works.

My theropod dinosaurs were made in the past. So there is a different part from recent scholarship.^^(In fact, there is also the purpose of making the design look great.^^)
I have only recently learned to paint a dinosaur. ;D ;D So I print the dinosaurs I made with Zbrush through Shapeways And I'm painting them. ;D ;D
f you want to see more works, please visit my SNS at any time ~ ^^

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: