News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Worst dinosaur toy

Started by BlueKrono, January 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidB

CityRaptor

That's for sure.  Very fitting.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

tinyvinyldinos

Quote from: SidB on November 21, 2021, 08:15:33 PM
They even LOOK toxic!

And my monkey brain is certain that they are delicious fruits and I should put them in my mouth.

Reuben03

Quote from: tinyvinyldinos on November 22, 2021, 12:37:46 AM
They even LOOK toxic!

And my monkey brain is certain that they are delicious fruits and I should put them in my mouth.
HAHA MEEE

long as my heart's beatin' in my chest
this old dawg ain't about to forget :')

Stegotyranno420

They even LOOK toxic!

Is this some kind of reference joke I'm not getting?

Those figures, I feel bad for the poor workers who have to make those : (

Faelrin

avatar_Duna @Duna Yeah that's both yikes, and not unexpected with the nature of these. But you having them means there's a tiny bit less out in the world ending up in the hands of children where it could harm them, thankfully.

avatar_Stegotyranno420 @Stegotyranno420 Yeah I agree with you. It's really unfortunate that there are, or were people out there that have, or continue to contribute to the production of things like these, where they can harm someone, other then themselves too, if possibly to only make a living. What a sad and cruel world...
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

tinyvinyldinos

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 22, 2021, 01:36:46 AM
They even LOOK toxic!

Yeah, it's a reference, but I'm also one of those idiots that has an instinctual urge to eat tide pods because they're brightly colored and vaguely squishy and unfortunately those chinasaurs look to be a similarly squishy texture and have bright colors.

No, I have never actually eaten a tide pod. But some days are harder than others.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: tinyvinyldinos on November 22, 2021, 03:24:32 AM
They even LOOK toxic!

Yeah, it's a reference, but I'm also one of those idiots that has an instinctual urge to eat tide pods because they're brightly colored and vaguely squishy and unfortunately those chinasaurs look to be a similarly squishy texture and have bright colors.

No, I have never actually eaten a tide pod. But some days are harder than others.
???
Why will anyone wish to eat tide pods? What strange times these are...
I agree, I wish everything wish everything wasn't so complicated and everyone could have a fresh new start at the world where our oceans aren't filled with abandoned toys and bottles and our skies have the fresh air our ancestors once breathed . So many harmful things, just in dinosaur toy collecting. I actually sometimes wonder if the cheaposaurs I played with actually may had caused some health damages that I don't know about yet, and will haunt my senior years...

Shonisaurus

Honestly perhaps one of the worst figures of dinosaurs, made about the 80s of the last century but for me they were one of my first dinosaurs and I have a lot of affection for them. At that time talking about dinosaurs at least in my environment was like talking about a chimera. That does not mean that they are horrible considering that they are now more scientific and a thousand times better done, but considering the context of this time they were for many pre-adolescent children like me, true jewels.

Libraraptor

Quote from: Duna on November 21, 2021, 06:58:05 PM
Quote from: Faelrin on November 21, 2021, 06:38:28 PM
avatar_Duna @Duna Those are certainly charming in their own way.
Yeah, I like them a lot. Charming and ... highly toxic by the way ...  :))

Don´t touch! Otherwise you´ll soon grow a third arm ;D

stargatedalek

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on November 22, 2021, 04:08:53 AM
Quote from: tinyvinyldinos on November 22, 2021, 03:24:32 AM
They even LOOK toxic!

???
Why will anyone wish to eat tide pods? What strange times these are...
Because the companies actively choose to make them look like candy.

CityRaptor

Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Duna

Quote from: Libraraptor on November 22, 2021, 12:43:49 PM
Don´t touch! Otherwise you´ll soon grow a third arm ;D
You're late! Now I can eat popcorn, drink a Coke and type on the keyboard at the same time.   ;D ;D

avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin Yep you are right. I think the world is a bit safer now for our kids talking about toys compared to those in the 70-80s. I have a lot of vintage Chinasaurs on sale, and not only I suspect they are toxic, some of them I do know even the amount of lead and cadmium they contain because they have been tested. https://tamararubin.com/2019/08/another-reason-to-avoid-vintage-toys-1985-imperial-toys-t-rex-7872-ppm-lead-this-would-be-illegal-if-made-today/
When someone asks for the vintage dinosaurs I have on sale, I always ask them if they are for adult collectors of for kids, and despite risking to lose the sale, I explain to the parents that they are highly toxic for kids if put in the mouth and won't sell to them. All parents have thanked me that information and some of them had still bought me some other dinosaurs I knew they were safe.
My 5 year old girls know about it and always ask when they see a retro-looking dinosaur that I have just bought whether they are toxic or not, they won't even touch the toxic ones.

But "scream-sauruses" are a wonderful part of dinosaur toy history and they make incredible collector pieces. I respect them a lot and I collect some of them, just for history.

Primeval12

This model looks like a stripper on a pole.

Art by my friend Sylvana.
Spoiler
[close]

SidB

Faelrin

avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 Thank you for sharing that, haha. Oh that's just great.

Also, any idea what animal that was intended to be, and the company behind it? My first impressions makes me guess it could be from Starlux, because they do have some real charmers, but of course I have no clue.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Gwangi

That's the Starlux Saltoposuchus, avatar_Faelrin @Faelrin

Primeval12

Quote from: Faelrin on January 15, 2022, 04:08:56 AM
avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 Thank you for sharing that, haha. Oh that's just great.

Also, any idea what animal that was intended to be, and the company behind it? My first impressions makes me guess it could be from Starlux, because they do have some real charmers, but of course I have no clue.

Ya, it is Starlux. Someone else posted it but my friend made that painting of it.

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Primeval12 on January 15, 2022, 02:53:30 AM
This model looks like a stripper on a pole.

Spoiler
[close]
It honestly looks like an annoyed custodian plunging a invisible toilet with an invisible plunger to me...

Duna

Quote from: Primeval12 on January 15, 2022, 02:53:30 AM
Spoiler
[close]
That made my day  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on January 15, 2022, 04:39:00 AM
It honestly looks like an annoyed custodian plunging a invisible toilet with an invisible plunger to me...
Please avatar_Primeval12 @Primeval12 ask your friend Sylvana to draw this, too  ;D ;D ;D I will die!

Truly talking, it's a totally accurate figure of .... Burian's drawing from the 70s and Kleinwelka Saurierpark sculpture.
This is mine:

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: