News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Worst dinosaur toy

Started by BlueKrono, January 26, 2017, 12:25:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pylraster

Hmmm worst figures... I guess those Predasaur figures have to be up there. I mean... I'd rank the early Schleichs above them.

Killekor

Quote from: pylraster on February 07, 2017, 01:39:44 AM
Hmmm worst figures... I guess those Predasaur figures have to be up there. I mean... I'd rank the early Schleichs above them.

I don't think so, I consider worst the Dinofroz combact figures.

Killekor
Bigger than a camarasaurus,
and with a bite more stronger that the T-Rex bite,
Ticamasaurus is certainly the king of the Jurassic period.

With Balaur feet, dromaeosaurus bite, microraptor wings, and a terrible poison, the Deinoraptor Dromaeonychus is a lethal enemy for the most ferocious hybrid too.

My Repaints Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5104.0

My Art And Sculptures Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5170

My Dioramas Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5195.0

My Collection Thread: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5438

BlueKrono

Another awful, awful dinosaur figure comin' at ya. We're all familiar with "screamers", those big-mouthed monstrosities you can find in cheap toy bins and flea markets. Usually they fall under the so-bad-it's-good category, but this is the worst one I've ever seen, earning it the just-so-bad designation.

You know your figure sucks when even the tripod has a hard time standing.

Oh look, he fell down.

This is what terminal scoliosis looks like. And that paint job... it looks like he had a bucket of watery pink paint dumped over his head.

With a face only Tim Burton could love.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Silvanusaurus

Woah, it's almost ugly enough to be a White Post figure.  >:D  ;)

Stegotyranno420

If India did become a mass producer of dinosaur figures(which i doubt), I hope they replace diplodocuses with Barapasaurus, replace the T rexes with Rajasaurus, etc

Libraraptor

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 02, 2021, 06:59:08 PM
If India did become a mass producer of dinosaur figures(which i doubt), I hope they replace diplodocuses with Barapasaurus, replace the T rexes with Rajasaurus, etc

What does this hope have to do with the name of this thread?

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Libraraptor on February 03, 2021, 05:33:41 PM
Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 02, 2021, 06:59:08 PM

What does this hope have to do with the name of this thread?
If you go back, someone mentions about India becoming the new China of dinosaur toys

Libraraptor

Ah I see.  Yeah, a few years ago someone wrote this. You want more variation and not so many of those dominant species as toys, right?

Rex King

For me, it has to be Starlux.

Stegotyranno420

Starlux, they all look like freaks you will meet at your local bar(based on what I knwo about bars, I don't drink)

Stegotyranno420

? @Stolpergeist of course they have their unique charm. Yeah I'm a big Burian fan, since I played Carnivores a lot .

Stegotyranno420

Quote from: Stolpergeist on February 16, 2021, 06:45:28 PM
Then I don't understand why you would dislike Starlux dinosaurs like that.
I mean they are charming but also freaky. Its kind of hard to explain

CityRaptor

Some sort of uncanny valley for you?

Because there are clearly worse. Inpros for example. All those Cheaposaurs, too. Also White Post. Their rarity is really the only thing that makes White Post collectible.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Gwangi

With vintage figures you really have to take their age into account. Starlux was like the Kaiyodo Dinotales of its time. Some are really weird and ugly but they're also some of the oldest prehistoric figurines ever made. Now as for White Post, they're just all around awful.

Stegotyranno420

You also have to relaize back then figure making was much more different and harder too.

thedeadlymoose

The Starlux figures look amazing, to be honest (with the exception of the human). They are grotesque in a way that I love, and the aesthetic quality is great for that sort of approach. Despite my difference in opinion, thank you for sharing the photos avatar_Rex King @Rex King !!

The Atroxious

Quote from: Stegotyranno420 on February 16, 2021, 06:12:38 PM
Starlux, they all look like freaks you will meet at your local bar(based on what I knwo about bars, I don't drink)

I wish the freaks at my local bar looked like this. It would make the neighborhood a lot more interesting to have misshapen dinosaurs milling about.

I really like the first two. The creeper ornthopod and that yellow polka dotted theropod(?) with the stiletto heels. Hilarity ensues when you set those two up together in a display.

The derpy looking human is pretty good too.

Stegotyranno420

yeah the first one looks like the town drunk, and the second looks like "h****r (I cant describe it any better, I usually stay away from these topics, hopefully you get the idea).
They remind me so much of people rather than dinosaurs. Almost like a cartoon/tv show!

Faelrin

One of the things I appreciate about the Starlux line is the sheer diversity of animals from the Paleozoic until now, some that still have yet to have another figure made in all this time since (such as some of the Cenozoic stuff to my current knowledge).

Who knows maybe one of these days I'll try to hunt for some.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Loon

Oh, hee hee. This one, hehe...
Spoiler

Teehee
[close]

Oh, hehe, this one, am I right?
Spoiler

Oh, hoh, ha!!!
[close]

Oh, hahahaha, how about this one, amirite???
Spoiler

:o ;D :o ;D ;) :D :)) ;D ^-^ :o >:D :o :) ;) ;D

But, seriously, it's the
[close]

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: