You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

The ATBC-PVC material what kind of material is breakable or unbreakable?

Started by Shonisaurus, February 06, 2017, 09:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I just bought some dinosaurs with ATBC-PVC material and I would like to know if those dinosaurs are of breakable or unbreakable material. If anyone could lend a hand, I would be grateful. I have my doubts.

BlueKrono

I think they would be put to use in diamond cutting applications if they were the latter.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Shonisaurus

Quote from: BlueKrono on February 06, 2017, 11:22:41 PM
I think they would be put to use in diamond cutting applications if they were the latter.

So you mean it does not break? I know the PVC (I have dinosaurs of that material) for example Rebor, but the material ATBC-PVC for me is new and I do not clear the data in the Internet search engine.

I am afraid that I have bought a series of figures that break like those of polyresin and I do not know if these figures belong to this type of material.

copper

I did super quick research and if I am not mistaken, the ATBC-PVC material should be quite durable. Here's a picture of some figures that I think are made from that material. (Remember, I of course could be wrong!) I own that blue female model (top row in the middle) myself and it's durable and will not break easily.

Halichoeres

It's not unbreakable but it isn't as brittle as ordinary resin. From what I can gather, it's a plasticized resin. Copper, does that agree with your experience? I don't believe I have anything made of this material.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

copper

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 07, 2017, 05:52:07 PM
It's not unbreakable but it isn't as brittle as ordinary resin. From what I can gather, it's a plasticized resin. Copper, does that agree with your experience? I don't believe I have anything made of this material.

"a substance added to a synthetic resin to produce or promote plasticity and flexibility and to reduce brittleness."
Yes, if my model is indeed made from this material, I totally agree with Halichoeres' text.

Shonisaurus

I refer obviously to prehistoric animals that I have commissioned as Favorite Tarbosaurus or Favorite redondosaurus or the Cambrico marine animals of the same brand. Does anyone with these materials know if an accidental fall to the ground can easily break?

Halichoeres

I have those models, I had no idea that they were any special material. To me they feel exactly like any other pvc dinosaur toy from Safari or Papo. I have never worried about breaking them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 08, 2017, 03:40:50 AM
I have those models, I had no idea that they were any special material. To me they feel exactly like any other pvc dinosaur toy from Safari or Papo. I have never worried about breaking them.

Thanks for the Halichoeres information. I had my doubts and concerns, but I see that they have dissipated. Thanks for the info.

stargatedalek

This thread may also end up being relevant to me, since I recognize that Miku and was considering getting one someday. :P