You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Recommendations for a Sauropod collection.

Started by billharrison, February 12, 2017, 10:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

Bill, so long as its not gonna cause your wife to divorce you, and you have space to display it, and you're not buying it with the "milk money", its all good.   ;)

billharrison

Can anyone tell me whose brachio this is? And how big is it?

billharrison

How about this one? Who makes it, and how big? Anyone?

Derek.McManus

It's an impressive collection and seems to be expanding rapidly! A personal favourite in our collection is my son's grey apatasaurus by Schliech not entirely accurate but a toy with genuine heft and weight to it!

DinoLord

No idea about the Brachiosaurus manufacturer, but my parents bought me the same one at Toys'R'Us in 2002.

billharrison

Can anyone tell me how big the Tsukuda brachiosaurus is?

Archinto

Heya Bill, i missed your comment eadlier but the thunder beasts and tsukuda brontos are the same scale, very close the the same size. Id say the front footprint is the size of a nickel, the rear the size of a quarter.

Theres a group lot of thunder beasts listed on ebay with this apato, and a full set of the minis that includes the brachiosaurus. They are listed as jp knockoff dinosaurs and theres a resin rex skull in the background. I forgwt the sellers name but they carry a lot of jp stuff. Theyre asking like $65 or best offer, id try and dicker them down a little. The bronto in the lot has really nice colors.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

billharrison

Quote from: Archinto on February 25, 2017, 06:41:03 PM
Heya Bill, i missed your comment eadlier but the thunder beasts and tsukuda brontos are the same scale, very close the the same size. Id say the front footprint is the size of a nickel, the rear the size of a quarter.

Theres a group lot of thunder beasts listed on ebay with this apato, and a full set of the minis that includes the brachiosaurus. They are listed as jp knockoff dinosaurs and theres a resin rex skull in the background. I forgwt the sellers name but they carry a lot of jp stuff. Theyre asking like $65 or best offer, id try and dicker them down a little. The bronto in the lot has really nice colors.

I've seen the Tsukuda bronto listed as 20" long, and from the photo that looks right. It's like the big Schleich apato. The Tsukuda brachio I'm referring to is really large, maybe over 18" tall.

Jetdin

bill will you be getting the PNSO Huanghetitan?

billharrison

Quote from: Jetdin on February 26, 2017, 11:11:07 AM
bill will you be getting the PNSO Huanghetitan?

No, it's really a bit too big.

billharrison

So, on Feb 6th, I posted a photo of my large sauropod figure collection; that is, figures that are around 12 inches or so long or larger. On that day I had 11 figures. Today, with what I have and what's already purchased and on its way to me, I have 42. My want list has been whittled down to a handful of figures. When I get everything in my hands, I'll post a pic of the whole gang. Thanks everyone for the great recommendations. I'm still open to more if you can think of anything I should add.

billharrison

And now I'm thinking my plesiosaurs could use some company....

BlueKrono

We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

billharrison

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 02, 2017, 09:52:17 PM
Quote from: billharrison on March 02, 2017, 09:44:36 PM

Hello.

Oh, hi Blue Krono. Yes, I have spent literally hours studying your Plesiosaur Directory. It has led me to several really cool figures I had no idea existed. I've really only been collecting dinos for about 6 months and I found your page early on. It's been an inspiration. I had no idea there were so many and of such quality. 

billharrison

Quote from: BlueKrono on March 02, 2017, 09:52:17 PM
Quote from: billharrison on March 02, 2017, 09:44:36 PM

Hello.

BTW, did you update your Plesiosaur Directly recently? Am I seeing some new ones there? Or are there just so many I don't remember them all?

Archinto

Quote from: billharrison on February 25, 2017, 08:07:12 PM
Quote from: Archinto on February 25, 2017, 06:41:03 PM

I've seen the Tsukuda bronto listed as 20" long, and from the photo that looks right. It's like the big Schleich apato. The Tsukuda brachio I'm referring to is really large, maybe over 18" tall.

Yep the tsukuda brach is huge. It was earlier in the thread that you had asked the size of the thunder beasts apatosaurus. Its about the samr as the tsukuda apatosaurus.
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Archinto

Quote from: billharrison on February 21, 2017, 03:39:42 AM
Quote from: Archinto on February 20, 2017, 07:28:40 AM
The Thunder Beasts Apatosaurus is a charming old school rendition of the dinosaur. The coloration and style is awesome!

and yeah..... Dinosaur toys are sickeningly addictive :3

How big is that guy?

This is the one i was referring to as being the same size but slightly bigger than the tsukuda bronto.

billharrison

Quote from: Archinto on March 03, 2017, 02:01:42 AM
Quote from: billharrison on February 21, 2017, 03:39:42 AM
Quote from: Archinto on February 20, 2017, 07:28:40 AM
The Thunder Beasts Apatosaurus is a charming old school rendition of the dinosaur. The coloration and style is awesome!

and yeah..... Dinosaur toys are sickeningly addictive :3

Then I need one of these.

How big is that guy?

This is the one i was referring to as being the same size but slightly bigger than the tsukuda bronto.

Derek.McManus

Quick update there are six individual models at the time of writing and as I said before too many more and we are going to need a bigger boat sorry box! Lol!

billharrison

Quote from: Derek.McManus on March 03, 2017, 07:12:46 PM
Quick update there are six individual models at the time of writing and as I said before too many more and we are going to need a bigger boat sorry box! Lol!
The last one will be heading your way in the next day or two. It's a bright yellow ELC brachio. It's pretty small. Can't tell you how much I appreciate this!

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: