You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

large carnivorous Devonian worm discovered

Started by sauroid, February 23, 2017, 02:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

BlueKrono

Cool bobbit worm, though the extant species gets to 10 feet. It's super boss that they named it after Cannibal Corpse.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Papi-Anon

Not gonna lie, I at first thought this was going to be a fake article on Graboids.
Shapeways Store: The God-Fodder
DeviantArt: Papi-Anon
Cults3D: Papi-Anon

"They said I could be whatever I wanted to be when I evolved. So I decided to be a crocodile."
-Ambulocetus, 47.8–41.3mya

acro-man

喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

Derek.McManus

That creature is nearly as long as I am tall! Sounds a little like something out of Peter Jackson's King Kong. Thanks for sharing!

Silvanusaurus

Halichoeres

Quote from: Papi-Anon on February 23, 2017, 05:38:09 AM
Not gonna lie, I at first thought this was going to be a fake article on Graboids.

I recently discussed the science of Tremors at a local arthouse movie theater, and someone asked me what kind of creature a graboid might be related to. Eunicid worms are the obvious answer, but I didn't think of it in the moment and now I am kicking myself.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

GasmaskMax

For me giant worms are the last thing I think of when prehistory comes to mind, cool discovery.

Sigmasaurus

suspsy

I'd like to see some paleoart of a bristle worm seizing a baby sea reptile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4J5QDQeA4
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 28, 2017, 01:53:57 AM
I'd like to see some paleoart of a bristle worm seizing a baby sea reptile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H4J5QDQeA4

Wow that Bobbit Worm is quite an unusual creature, fascinating!

Libraraptor

Named after Cannibal Corpse.  Now that is super cool!

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.