News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Giant titanosaur life size replica

Started by Carnotaurus, February 24, 2017, 12:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carnotaurus

The replica was made in Germany and will be inaugurate tomorrow by the Chubut province (Argentina) governor.

Photos from Museo PaleontolĂłgico Egidio Feruglio facebook page.

Neosodon

That's pretty cool. Looks like they just stuck it out in the middle of no were though.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

Wish there were more pics.  Who built it?

amargasaurus cazaui

"They were so busy building it  they forgot to ask if they should.........."
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Daspletotyrannus

That awesome.  So will there be a Giganotosaurus or Mapusaurus latter? That would be sweet.   

Carnotaurus

Is in one of the entrance of the city.  The landscape on this side of Patagonia is almost desert, so it appear to be in the middle of nowhere. I think they should add a Tyrannotitan! I have read that Its teeth were found in the same location. But it is just a wish

There are more pics in the museum facebook page. The replica was mounted by museum and city workers. Dont know the name of the company that made all the parts.

Derek.McManus

That certainly is an eye catching display I'm sure it will turn a few visitors heads if they aren't expecting it! Some more life-size former residents would make a great visitor attraction methinks!

Halichoeres

Carnotaurus, I hope that soon we'll see a photo of you on its back!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Derek.McManus

Quote from: Halichoeres on February 24, 2017, 05:17:30 PM

Fun idea but given the size of the creature potentially a little bit dangerous methinks!

Carnotaurus

I wish i could without going to jail jajaja my city is like 500 km south from there, but i wiil go as soon as i can!
Some more photos from Facebook

"Mmmm policemen yummy!"

BlueKrono

Quote from: Carnotaurus on February 24, 2017, 07:00:48 PM
I wish i could without going to jail jajaja my city is like 500 km south from there, but i wiil go as soon as i can!
Some more photos from Facebook

"Mmmm policemen yummy!"

Finally, they made a scientifically accurate Godzilla!
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Carnotaurus

Today's inauguration!!!

This is Chubut province Governor Mario Das Neves

suspsy

What a majestic creation! Exactly which titanosaur is it supposed to be?
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Blade-of-the-Moon

Must have a HUGE steel reinforced concrete base...

Carnotaurus

Quote from: suspsy on February 25, 2017, 02:10:36 AM
What a majestic creation! Exactly which titanosaur is it supposed to be?
It is the unnamed titanosaur found in this province in 2014.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unnamed_Patagonian_titanosaur_(2014)
(Not the best source but could help)

As you said Bladeofthemoon, is  a huge base
Didnt find a better base photo

Blade-of-the-Moon

Makes me wonder what it's going to take for this Brachiosaurus... lol

GasmaskMax

That things face is just so derpy and chilled out. I think it might have eaten some funny mushrooms  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D . But in all seriousness this statue is pretty impressive, and accurate too.

Sigmasaurus

Wow, That's pretty hardcore to go in the middle of nowhere and build a dinosaur replica. I could just imaging driving in the middle of nowhere and just looking out my window and being curious and confused to why a Titanosaur replica is out in a desert?

GasmaskMax

Quote from: SpinoLord on February 28, 2017, 02:19:36 AM
Wow, That's pretty hardcore to go in the middle of nowhere and build a dinosaur replica. I could just imaging driving in the middle of nowhere and just looking out my window and being curious and confused to why a Titanosaur replica is out in a desert?
Yeah man, "OH MY GOD ITS A DIIIIIIIIIINOOOOOSAURRRRR!!!!!!!!" may or may not be my response  :P .

Sigmasaurus

Quote from: GasmaskMax on February 28, 2017, 03:01:48 AM
Quote from: SpinoLord on February 28, 2017, 02:19:36 AM
Yeah man, "OH MY GOD ITS A DIIIIIIIIIINOOOOOSAURRRRR!!!!!!!!" may or may not be my response  :P .

Yeah, I would have that reaction. :o :o :o

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: