You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

[Chinasaurs reborn 11] Musee's Carnotaurus Diorama "EXPEL"

Started by acro-man, February 28, 2017, 08:21:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acro-man

[Chinasaurs reborn] is a series of Chinasaurs sharing threads that aims to bridge this lovable forum and Chinese sculptors so that more Chinese models can be shared and enjoyed worldwide.

-------------------------------------
Model No.2: Carnotaurus Diorama "EXPEL"
Release: December 2017
Studio: Musee Studio
Sculptor:  Muxi
Content: Carnotaurus, Cearadactylus*2, Kritosaurus carcass, base, wooden tray, metal plaque, FINISHED
Scale: 1/35
Size: overall length of 31cm (Carnotaurus 23cmL; "pterosaurs" wingspan 13cm;)
Paint: Tison Zhang
Material: PU resin
Quantity: 200 limited
Price: $135

Pre-order Ended: $120 + shipping

Story:
Argentina, late Cretaceous. A group of Cearadactylus began to flock in the sky, as they were drawn by the smell of death in the air - a moment ago, an aged Kritosaurus tumbled on the ground, barely breathing. Soon the gang landed and started to feed. The Kritosaurus was still struggling, but there's nothing more it can do with so little strength than moaning, shaking, and watching itself being eaten alive. Mercy was an extravagance in the prehistoric wild. It won't take long before the Kritosaurus became a pile of blurry gore and goo, but an uninvited Carnotaurus spoiled the feast. Overpowered, the scavengers ran away. Only two remained to take one more bite, and that greed almost killed them as the Carnotaurus suddenly charged towards them - it wasn't just a threat. Opportunitists laugh last, and they all knew it.

----------------------------------------------
Model No.1: Diabloceratops
Release: April 2017
Studio: Musee Studio
Sculptor:  Muxi
Description: 1/20 Diabloceratops with base and wooden tray. High quality PU resin. First dinosaur model made by Muxi. Paint scheme by Tison Zhang (Mushroom), who also designed PNSO T-rex Wilson's coloration.
Price: $70
Shipping: est. $20-25
Size: 20cm horn to tail
Quantity: limited 200

Please PM for purchase inquiries.
Thank you for reading :)
喜欢收集和P图
QQ: 909772216
Email: [email protected]
DeviantArt: www.deviantart.com/acro-man/

ceratopsian

I've placed my booking.  Just couldn't resist.

Albertosaurus

Hmmm I really want it! But I would love to know the exact shipping costs to Europe (finland in my case). That,plus customs,will raise the price for me quite a bit I guess, though the price for the statue is quite affordable...is it resin?

Derek.McManus

Very impressive piece dynamic and perfectly posed...good luck with your orders.

Bucklander

What a gorgeous piece! A real work of art! I am definitely down for one of these beauties. At this price, it's a steal!

Thank you acro-man. (Can't wait until they're finished).

Fenestra

Quote from: Albertosaurus on February 28, 2017, 03:20:46 PM
Hmmm I really want it! But I would love to know the exact shipping costs to Europe (finland in my case). That,plus customs,will raise the price for me quite a bit I guess, though the price for the statue is quite affordable...is it resin?

It says in the description: "High quality PU resin"
So yes.  ;)

Albertosaurus

Sent Acro-man an order request. This statue looks stunning! I hope that the final paint job really is like the one in the photos! Will the figures be numbered?

Bucklander

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 02, 2017, 12:08:22 AM
Will the figures be numbered?

I have ordered one, and if I understand correctly, there will be 100 produced. When acro-man messaged me, 70 of these had been taken (mine is 33 apparently, so it looks like the numbering is from 100 to 001). Not sure if they will actually be numbered but either way, it does sound like anyone who wants one had better get in quick!

ceratopsian

Quote from: Bucklander on March 02, 2017, 01:51:41 AM
I have ordered one, and if I understand correctly, there will be 100 produced. When acro-man messaged me, 70 of these had been taken (mine is 33 apparently, so it looks like the numbering is from 100 to 001). Not sure if they will actually be numbered but either way, it does sound like anyone who wants one had better get in quick!

They have been snapped up quickly then.  Apparently I'm number 3.  I hadn't asked if there was a limit on the number produced - thanks.

postsaurischian

:D Oioioi!
First dinosaur model made by Muxi? What a starter!
Keep goin' Muxi! I like, want & must get it ^-^.

acro-man

Dear all,
The models are always available till booking closes on April.1st.
It's limited at the number of total orders, not at 100 ::)

Currently 70 models are sold currently.
The models are also numbered and you can choose your favorite from No.31-70, because No.1-30 has been booked and we don't know if there will be 71 or more (it will gain in time of course).

To Ceratopsian and Bucklander,
sorry I chose the numbers instead of you.
I didn't realize customer's needs for specific numbers.
So if you want to change your number you can tell me anytime.

Thanks
喜欢收集和P图

ceratopsian

No, any number is absolutely fine with me.

Quote from: acro-man on March 03, 2017, 04:14:14 AM
Dear all,
The models are always available till booking closes on April.1st.
It's limited at the number of total orders, not at 100 ::)

Currently 70 models are sold currently.
The models are also numbered and you can choose your favorite from No.31-70, because No.1-30 has been booked and we don't know if there will be 71 or more (it will gain in time of course).

To Ceratopsian and Bucklander,
sorry I chose the numbers instead of you.
I didn't realize customer's needs for specific numbers.
So if you want to change your number you can tell me anytime.

Thanks

Albertosaurus

Acro-man, do you know if Muxi Studios has future plans for more dinosaurs?

acro-man

Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 04, 2017, 09:00:34 PM

A 1/35 Carnotaurus is on his plan.
However it heavily depends on the sales of this Diabloceratops.
Muxi aims to make more affordable models in the future.
But good funding is all that can make it happen.

So we will just wait and see.
喜欢收集和P图

Albertosaurus

Quote from: acro-man on March 05, 2017, 07:08:43 AM
Quote from: Albertosaurus on March 04, 2017, 09:00:34 PM

A 1/35 Carnotaurus is on his plan.
However it heavily depends on the sales of this Diabloceratops.
Muxi aims to make more affordable models in the future.
But good funding is all that can make it happen.

So we will just wait and see.

A 1/35 carno sounds great,though I wish we can see more ceratopsians and/or hadrosaurs from him. There are quite many theropods out there already.

I really hope that the paint job keeps the level of quality shown in the promotional picture. It looks fantastic!

ceratopsian

I too would have been keener on a follow-up ceratopsian or hadrosaur.  Or perhaps a dinosaur found in China.  I collect theropods rather less eagerly than herbivores - but I'd still consider a Carnotaurus.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the Diabloceratops turns out.

acro-man

Mar. 31 Update: Casting

First wave pre-order closed.
喜欢收集和P图

Albertosaurus

Quote from: acro-man on March 31, 2017, 11:41:29 AM
Mar. 31 Update: Casting

First wave pre-order closed.

Thanks for the news acro-man. The molding and casting looks really clean. No visible flash. I hope that he fills the seams before painting.

ceratopsian

Thanks for the update.  It took me a minute to find the photos but then light dawned to go to the top of the thread!  It is indeed looking good.  Very exciting.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: