News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari LTD 2018 (Wish list)

Started by Irritation, March 14, 2017, 03:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you want in Safari LTD's 2018 line

Dakotaraptor
11 (22%)
Saurolophus
10 (20%)
Gorgosaurus
18 (36%)
Daspletosaurus
10 (20%)
Baby Dracorex
3 (6%)
Nodosaurus
5 (10%)
Pentaceratops
8 (16%)
Achelousaurus
7 (14%)
Argetinosaurus
8 (16%)
Majungosaurus
14 (28%)
Sauroposidon
7 (14%)
Paralititan
8 (16%)
Altirhinus
2 (4%)
Deinonychus
8 (16%)
Irritator
6 (12%)
Saurophaganax
7 (14%)
Neovenator
1 (2%)
Titanis
9 (18%)
Ornithomimus
9 (18%)
Nyctosaurus
7 (14%)
Troodon
7 (14%)
Lambeosaurus
16 (32%)
Gigantoraptor
14 (28%)
Protoceratops
12 (24%)
Deltadromeus remake
1 (2%)
Microceratus
5 (10%)
Styracosaurus
7 (14%)
Giraffatitan
3 (6%)
Edmontonia
7 (14%)
Chasmosaurus
11 (22%)
Ornitholestes
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 50

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on March 15, 2017, 01:33:03 AM
I really want them to redo there Allosaurus   Triceratops  Stegosaurus and Dilophosaurus.        I also hope there wont be too many large scale theropods next year.

Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Styracosaurus, Pteranodon, Apatosaurus and Allosaurus (feathered?) are more than likely being rebooted. Dilophosaurus, probably, not so much (even though the bunny hands and mouse tail are in need of an update). I would imagine that Plateosaurus and Herrerasaurus are also likely WS candidates for 2018 or 2019.

I would like to see the sculptor that did the Diplodocus work on the Mamenchisaurus. I think he would be able to create an incredible product. Maiasaura (and nest) and Camarasaurus also need to be rebooted.

If Safari Ltd. is really bold, they may release the Brontosaurus...

P.S: I didn't expect Chasmosaurus to receive 1 vote  :o :'(

Halichoeres

I second tany's suggestion of a pterosaur toob (always!), and Patrx's of small ornithischians.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Of the options, I voted for Titanis, Lambeosaurus, Pentaceratops, Saurophaganax, and Majungasaurus.  None of these are similar to Safari's current offerings (products of the last few years, at least) and would surely look awesome in the new revamped Safari style.  8)

Quote from: Takama on March 15, 2017, 01:33:03 AM
I really want them to redo there Allosaurus   Triceratops  Stegosaurus and Dilophosaurus.  I also hope there wont be too many large scale theropods next year.

This would be excellent, and seems like logical line-up for next year given this year's assortment.

Quote from: Halichoeres on March 15, 2017, 04:29:07 AM
I second tany's suggestion of a pterosaur toob (always!), and Patrx's of small ornithischians.

This would be great as well.  Though I do wonder how pterosaurs would fit comfortably in a toob without getting their wings all bent.  :-\

Cloud the Dinosaur King

I'm really hoping for a new Spinosaurus. I wonder how that will turn out.

suspsy

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 15, 2017, 05:13:03 PM

Given Doug Watson's stated preference for animals known from ample fossil material, I don't think there's going to be a Wild Safari Spinosaurus until after more remains are uncovered and the issue over its posture is settled once and for all.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: suspsy on March 15, 2017, 06:27:17 PM
Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 15, 2017, 05:13:03 PM

Given Doug Watson's stated preference for animals known from ample fossil material, I don't think there's going to be a Wild Safari Spinosaurus until after more remains are uncovered and the issue over its posture is settled once and for all.
That makes sense. Spinosaurus is still very mysterious.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on March 15, 2017, 05:57:30 AM
Quote from: Halichoeres on March 15, 2017, 04:29:07 AM

This would be great as well.  Though I do wonder how pterosaurs would fit comfortably in a toob without getting their wings all bent.  :-\

Legitimate concern. But honestly I'd be willing to take a hair dryer to 'em if it meant I could have ten new tiny pterosaurs.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Patrx

Oh, some taxa I forgot to mention which I think would be really neat are Pterodactylus (or Aerodactylus) and Ornitholestes.

John

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 15, 2017, 03:42:38 AM
Stegosaurus, Triceratops, Styracosaurus, Pteranodon, Apatosaurus and Allosaurus are more than likely being rebooted.

I would be very happy to see this happen.Especially a Doug Watson sculpted Styracosaurus albertensis.If there can be two very nice Einiosaurus and Kronosaurus to rival each other,then there can be more than one Styracosaurus too! :)
And I would love to see an Allosaurus fragilis on a base akin to this year's Giganotosaurus. :)

Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

CrypticPrism

A baseless also would be best for me.

I bet a ton of carnegies are getting rebooted. What about the Tanystropheus?
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

John

Quote from: CrypticPrism on March 25, 2017, 04:10:57 AM
A baseless also would be best for me.

I bet a ton of carnegies are getting rebooted. What about the Tanystropheus?
I had forgotten about that one.I wouldn't mind seeing Tanystropheus turn up again too.Or any of the species that were part of the Carnegie Collection,really. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

amargasaurus cazaui

For me some obvious choices.....there are so many little basals out there we never get or see....Pegmastax anyone?
How about aquilops?
Koreaceratops?
Protoceratops?
Udanoceratops?
instead of doing yet another North American ceratopsian, why not something like Sinoceratops?
Tianyulong....Yinlong.....or perhaps archaeoceratops?
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

BlueKrono

Sinoceratops is my favorite out of the vast array of horned faces.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

I agree with amargasaurus, those are some great options

PaleoMatt

CrypticPrism

I put dakotaraptor, sauroposeidon, gorgosaurus, chasmosaurus(would actually rather centrosaurus now), and nyctosaurus. I think if Doug sculpted the allosaurus, it would definitely be feathered. If the mystery sculptor sculpted it, I think it would be scaly. Just because Doug's coelophysis was fluffy and the new sculptor's giga was scaly. I think camarasaurus is up for a reboot scince it's really hard to find in toy form. Plus, the beak material does give a wee bit of hope for a rebooted camarasaurus. Honestly, I don't care, just as long as they're as good as the 2017 ones. This year does give me hope that more less featured genera will be released.  If it was my personal choice, I'd definitely give a leg for a new Doug Watson ceratopsian, and a new stegosaur would be amazing. Perhaps a huayangosaurus.
"Tip for flirting: carve your number into a potato and roll it towards eligible females you wish to court with."
"Reading is just staring at a dead piece of wood for hours and hallucinating
My DeviantArt: flipplenup.deviantart.com

Ravonium

I decided to vote Dakotaraptor, Sauroposeidon, Troodon, Gigantoraptor and Ornitholestes. I voted Troodon and Ornitholestes because both are species I feel need a figure made out of them. I voted Dakotaraptor because, even though virtually any company could make one and somewhat satisfy me, I think Safari Ltd is the best company when it comes to feathered raptors. I voted Gigantoraptor as there are no decent figures made of it. Sauroposeidon was the candidate I least urgently want, as virtually any figure of a large sauropod would make me happy.

If this was a purely written decision I would also include a revised Dilong, an Eoraptor, a Heterodontosaurus and a Nothosaurus.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.