News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari LTD 2018 (Wish list)

Started by Irritation, March 14, 2017, 03:36:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which dinosaurs do you want in Safari LTD's 2018 line

Dakotaraptor
11 (22%)
Saurolophus
10 (20%)
Gorgosaurus
18 (36%)
Daspletosaurus
10 (20%)
Baby Dracorex
3 (6%)
Nodosaurus
5 (10%)
Pentaceratops
8 (16%)
Achelousaurus
7 (14%)
Argetinosaurus
8 (16%)
Majungosaurus
14 (28%)
Sauroposidon
7 (14%)
Paralititan
8 (16%)
Altirhinus
2 (4%)
Deinonychus
8 (16%)
Irritator
6 (12%)
Saurophaganax
7 (14%)
Neovenator
1 (2%)
Titanis
9 (18%)
Ornithomimus
9 (18%)
Nyctosaurus
7 (14%)
Troodon
7 (14%)
Lambeosaurus
16 (32%)
Gigantoraptor
14 (28%)
Protoceratops
12 (24%)
Deltadromeus remake
1 (2%)
Microceratus
5 (10%)
Styracosaurus
7 (14%)
Giraffatitan
3 (6%)
Edmontonia
7 (14%)
Chasmosaurus
11 (22%)
Ornitholestes
5 (10%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Irritation

Voting ends when they get revealed.

Flaffy

But I wanna choose what will be in the poll...

Blade-of-the-Moon

seeing as they have been redoing some older pieces i would add popular favorites, Allosaurus, Stegosaurus, Triceratops, ect..

Irritation

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on March 14, 2017, 03:53:04 AM
But I wanna choose what will be in the poll...
Well, what do you want?

John

You don't have nearly enough to choose from on that poll.
I would still want to see Doug Watson's take on Styracosaurus albertensis,Chasmosaurus belli or Triceratops horridus for instance.
Or maybe his take on a variety of prehistoric animals like Giraffatitan brancai,Stegosaurus stenops,Pteranodon longiceps or Edmontonia rugosidens.
:)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on March 14, 2017, 07:03:59 AM
I would still want to see Doug Watson's take on Styracosaurus albertensis,Chasmosaurus belli or Triceratops horridus for instance.
Or maybe his take on a variety of prehistoric animals like Giraffatitan brancai,Stegosaurus stenops,Pteranodon longiceps or Edmontonia rugosidens.

This is a great list. Annual ceratopsians is the way to go  ;D Also, they should consider a Pteranodon as they've already produced most of the core pterosaurs.

And, a detailed pterosaur toob for some of the smaller reptiles (e.g. Anurognathus, Nyctosaurus, Pterodaustro, Dsungaripterus etc.)

suspsy

The Wild Safari line most definitely needs new versions of Triceratops and Stegosaurus. Also, am I nuts or has there never been an Ankylosaurus? I know there's the great 2004 version from the Carnegie Collection.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Patrx

I agree; as much as I like the existing WS Stegosaurus and Triceratops for various reasons, they do have accuracy issues. Plus, a Doug Watson Triceratops would be a beautiful thing indeed.

What I think would be really neat, though, is famous but rarely-seen little dinosaurs like Heterodontosaurus and Hypsilophodon. Those creatures are all over popular palaeo-themed books and such, but there aren't really any great options figure-wise. The CollectA Hypsilophodon set is nice, but they're far too small for my tastes.

John

Quote from: suspsy on March 14, 2017, 02:04:28 PM

The Wild Safari line most definitely needs new versions of Triceratops and Stegosaurus. Also, am I nuts or has there never been an Ankylosaurus? I know there's the great 2004 version from the Carnegie Collection.
Nope,there has not been any models of Ankylosaurus magniventris itself in the Wild Safari line yet,so there's another potential for the poll. :)
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

BlueKrono

That doesn't mean you're still not crazy though.  :P
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Jose S.M.

I would be happy with any ceratopsian and ornithopod coming from this line, especially if sculpted by Doug Watson. Also I'm very interested in thyreophorans and dromeosaurs by Doug since his Sauropelta and Velociraptor are great. And there's potential for good sauropods from the new sculptor.

Neosodon

I was really hoping for a remake of the Carnegie Ankylosaurus. Ankylosaurids have been kind of neglected in the past few years. Nodosaurs have kind of taken the spotlight it seems. The favorite one is good but favorite models are hard to come by in the U.S unless you want to spend allot of money.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Neosodon on March 14, 2017, 03:18:14 PM
I was really hoping for a remake of the Carnegie Ankylosaurus. Ankylosaurids have been kind of neglected in the past few years. Nodosaurs have kind of taken the spotlight it seems. The favorite one is good but favorite models are hard to come by in the U.S unless you want to spend allot of money.

Have you tried sites like Dejankins, I'm pretty sure the Favorite Anky is available in there, even the older one that's pretty much an Euoplocephalus.
I have bought stuff from Dejankins and  the items arrived fast and in great condition.

Cloud the Dinosaur King

Quote from: Patrx on March 14, 2017, 02:42:03 PM
I agree; as much as I like the existing WS Stegosaurus and Triceratops for various reasons, they do have accuracy issues. Plus, a Doug Watson Triceratops would be a beautiful thing indeed.

What I think would be really neat, though, is famous but rarely-seen little dinosaurs like Heterodontosaurus and Hypsilophodon. Those creatures are all over popular palaeo-themed books and such, but there aren't really any great options figure-wise. The CollectA Hypsilophodon set is nice, but they're far too small for my tastes.
If Doug Watson does make a new Triceratops, I hope he adds in quills on the tubercles.

Takama

Out of all of these companey poll,s Safari is the only one i feel like will sastify most of us.

In all honsty i wish for them to remake some models instead of new ones. But i did vote anyways

Jose S.M.

They can do like this year, some remakes and some all new for Safari figures like Einiosaurus, Deinocherius and Coelophysis.

tanystropheus

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 14, 2017, 05:19:09 PM

If Doug Watson does make a new Triceratops, I hope he adds in quills on the tubercles.

I hope he includes a set of swappable heads to account for all the morphological variations in Triceratops phenotypes.

Neosodon

Quote from: Cloud the Dinosaur King on March 14, 2017, 05:19:09 PM

I don't think quills would really go on safari's models. They would probably just brake off unless their done like collecta's quills but safari has higher standards for scientific accuracy.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

suspsy

I'll say this too: if there are indeed plans for a new Triceratops in the WS line, then I sure hope it's a T. prorsus for a change instead of yet another T. horridus.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Takama

I really want them to redo there Allosaurus   Triceratops  Stegosaurus and Dilophosaurus.        I also hope there wont be too many large scale theropods next year.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: