You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

LWL - Naturkundemuseum Münster, Germany

Started by Libraraptor, April 21, 2017, 11:19:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Libraraptor

Today I was for a visit at the LWL Naturkundemuseum in Münster. I took two children from my work and we took of to see some Natural History. I did not take that many pictures. I went there so often that I don´t find it necessary and yet I like to share it with the DTF. I promise the next time I´ll be there I´ll take the time to thoroughly document my visit. For the time being I post three pictures here as a little gift for our Admin, it´s Westphaliasaurus, a Plesiosaur found in my Federal State, North Rhine - Westphalia. I added a link to a cool video about the dinosaur exhibition at the bottom of this post.

A painting above the skeleton:

The skeleton itself:

I also found a cool video of the dinosaur exhibition:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2cEIRWhuu8

ZoPteryx

Beautiful plesiosaur skeleton and display.  Those taxidermy specimens in the video look quite good too!

DinoToyForum

Ravonium

Quote from: dinotoyforum on April 22, 2017, 01:57:32 PM
Excellent skeleton, dodgy artwork.  :)

I agree, although it's safe to say it would look only slightly better if the quality of the photo was higher.

Overall, this is a good museum. Those specimens of feathered dinosaurs look excellent, especially the one in the thumbnail of the video (I think it's Epidexipteryx, although feel free to correct me). It's a shame they can't get good artwork of the plesiosaur.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.