News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Dinostar Dinosaurs

Started by postsaurischian, May 12, 2017, 05:38:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

postsaurischian

Quote from: unbreakableandy on May 12, 2017, 03:33:52 AM
First of all, i'm brand new here. Been reading stuff on here for quite awhile and just finally signed up, so, Hello! I'm curious though, have any of you guys heard of these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Psittacosaurus-Dinosaur-PVC-Solid-Figurine-Figure-Model-/152529253437?hash=item238373b43d:g:NTcAAOSw5UZY~i2Y

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tapejara-Pterosauria-Dinosaur-PVC-Solid-Figurine-Figure-Model-/152524024537?hash=item238323ead9:g:N6QAAOSwvihY~i0S

I just saw them recently on ebay, and was wondering if you guys knew anything about them at all?

I just got the Tapejara and I think it's a nice figure, about 1:10 I'd say.
It is labelled on its belly - Chinese ideographs and a link with the word Dinostar.

The link: http://dinostar.cn/test/. Unfortunately I cannot find any figures here.
Maybe someone who is able to read Chinese can unravel the mystery.

sauroid

are they made of solid plastic? and is the brand indeed owned by Samson Dino/MonsterHouseHK?
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Flaffy

Quote from: sauroid on May 12, 2017, 02:39:12 PM
are they made of solid plastic? and is the brand indeed owned by Samson Dino/MonsterHouseHK?
Very unlikely to be owned by MonsterHouse, it's pretty common on TaoBao, with much cheaper prices (excluding shipping)

Shonisaurus

I just received today the prehistoric reptile and I can say that it is a work of art. Of medium size not so great or better said enormous as is the guidraco, and very well finished. The plastic is solid and flexible (that's not so much as Collecta 2017 dinosaur figures) and is a highly detailed figure. I recommend it to every collector.  ^-^ 8)

The delivery was planned for May 19 at least and when it is my surprise that after the work I just received this figure, Monsterhouse brilliantly complies with the delivery of his figures bought from Hong Kong and that I am from Spain, not It has

Halichoeres

Thanks for the information, postsaurischian!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

amargasaurus cazaui

I need that psittacosaurus!
Authors with varying competence have suggested dinosaurs disappeared because of meteorites...God's will, raids by little green hunters in flying saucers, lack of standing room in Noah's Ark, and palaeoweltschmerz—Glenn Jepsen

Georassic

My Tapejara is on the way. Ordering direct from Monsterhouse via FB, instead of ebay, saved me only a couple dollars. But hey, a couple dollars is a couple dollars.

ceratopsian

The only thing that might influence me on those saved couple of dollars is what happens if the parcel goes missing.  (Though I know from experience that the post from Hong Kong is usually reliable.) You have perhaps more to back you up for a refund if you bought through eBay.  I'm not certain if this is so or not but the niggling doubt is a factor that would influence me.

Fenestra

I'm very impressed with the paint work on this figure.

terrorchicken

stargatedalek

Quote from: terrorchicken on May 12, 2017, 09:12:47 PM
sorry to hijack your thread, but is this T-rex from the same line?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Great-Dinosaur-Tyrannosaurus-PM-Soft-Vinyl-Figure-/201518531596
I think that's a repaint of one SEGA originally made for Dinosaur King.

Ravonium

Quote from: Bucklander on May 13, 2017, 09:01:06 AM
Looks like it. Same style. Same type paint app. Dang, it's nice! Got my Tapejara and Psittacosaurus yesterday. Really impressed with them both. Wonder what else this out of nowhere company has in store?

I find it very surprising that this company basically became popular on this forum because of a post asking what company made their Tapejara. This doesn't mean I hate the figures (I agree with pretty much all of the positive sentiment about this company that has been posted), but it is still worthy to point out.

I'll find out what else this company has in store.

Silvanusaurus

I cannot deny an atraction towards the Psittacosaurus... but i must resist impulse buys at the minute. I hope someone will post pictures of one in hand soon.

Shonisaurus

Also in monsterhousehk is available smilodon from the same company, although I do not seem as bright as the others. Honestly it is not well finished.

On the other hand my psittacosaurus I am waiting for him to be released customs to send it to me. I'm sure it will not disappoint me as I was not disappointed by the tapestries, but quite the opposite. It's fabulous!

terrorchicken

Quote from: stargatedalek on May 12, 2017, 09:39:01 PM
Quote from: terrorchicken on May 12, 2017, 09:12:47 PM
sorry to hijack your thread, but is this T-rex from the same line?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/The-Great-Dinosaur-Tyrannosaurus-PM-Soft-Vinyl-Figure-/201518531596
I think that's a repaint of one SEGA originally made for Dinosaur King.

thank,s its actually a very nice Rex

I like the Dinostar figures but I think the shipping is too steep...

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: ceratopsian on May 12, 2017, 08:13:31 PM
The only thing that might influence me on those saved couple of dollars is what happens if the parcel goes missing.  (Though I know from experience that the post from Hong Kong is usually reliable.) You have perhaps more to back you up for a refund if you bought through eBay.  I'm not certain if this is so or not but the niggling doubt is a factor that would influence me.

I ordered from FB too.
MHHK sent me a regular invoice through Paypal with a tracking number.
My order is on its way now.

If not received, you can ask a refund through Paypal.

ceratopsian

Quote from: RobinGoodfellow on May 14, 2017, 09:05:26 AM
I ordered from FB too.
MHHK sent me a regular invoice through Paypal with a tracking number.
My order is on its way now.

If not received, you can ask a refund through Paypal.

Thank you, RobinGoodfellow.  That is a good point that removes my doubt.  Sharing experiences is one of the benefits of this Forum!

terrorchicken

is it cheaper through Facebook?

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: