News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Rebor: 1/35 Scale Ankylosaurus magniventris "War Pig"

Started by joossa, June 03, 2017, 04:30:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Takama

I have to admit, these look really great. Shame that they look less like Ankylosaurus and more like Euoplocephalus/Scolosaurus

Reptilia

They don't have the animal's name printed on the underside, like Schleich and Safari, so you can always call the figure whatever you like.

Shonisaurus

They will be available in stores with luck at the end of May. I'm not exactly perfect but you have to admit that they have their grace with articulated body parts although I confess that I am not a supporter.

That does not mean that they are interesting collectibles within the philosophy of Rebor. I hope to see some video before buying those figures, but I thought in a certain way that they would look much better. More authentic would have to be hypocritical if I said they convinced me completely. Until there are more images and video in between I prefer to keep me in my case cautious.

I think that if everything goes well I will buy the three versions. Although the head and the expression of the eyes and mouth and I do not want to offend the representatives of Rebor I see a little childish, from my prudent opinion.

The positive is that Rebor is not dead and returns to the resumption of the production of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. After the drought of dinosaurs since Christmas and collectible dinosaurs in this case since the summer. The last one they did was the carnotaurus (for me a great figure).

Syndicate Bias

I always saw it as a wasted potential when rebor did raptors last year...for a company that likes awesomebro dinsoaues i expectedaybe a diorama with spino vs carcha but i doubt they will get past the basic popular dinosaurs

K.Bela

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on May 10, 2018, 06:13:21 PM
I always saw it as a wasted potential when rebor did raptors last year...for a company that likes awesomebro dinsoaues i expectedaybe a diorama with spino vs carcha but i doubt they will get past the basic popular dinosaurs

I'm with you on this. I find repeating the same raptor in different poses and colour schemes a bit dull. Not to mention the scientific inaccuracies...
Nonetheless, there are many more "awesomebro" dinos out there who are "awesomebro" on their own rights: Therizinosaurus (my personal favourite), different ceratopsians (Styracosaurus, Diabloceratops, Kosmoceratops, Achelousaurus), or the feathered theropods from China, hadrosaurs, stegosaurs, etc. Or, as you say it, a Spinosaurus-Carcharodontosaurus diorama.

tanystropheus

It's not wasted potential from a marketing perspective. The raptors got a stamp of approval from the Stan Winston School and there are pages upon pages of fan photos of the raptors (in their collection). Its a runaway success. REBOR knows exactly what they are doing. Now, from the perspective of collectors, its completely debatable depending on what type of display portfolio you plan on building...

tanystropheus

Quote from: Takama on May 09, 2018, 10:41:54 PM
I have to admit, these look really great. Shame that they look less like Ankylosaurus and more like Euoplocephalus/Scolosaurus

As is the case with almost every Ankylosaurus in the market. Good thing WS did a proper remake.

I must admit, they look great - the gorgeous paint jobs almost compels one to get both versions.

Shonisaurus

Quote from: K.Bela on May 11, 2018, 07:31:09 AM

I'm with you on this. Repeating the same raptor in different poses and colour schemes very rather dull. Not to mention the scientific inaccuracies...
Nonetheless, there are many more "awesomebro" dinos out there who are "awesomebro" on their own rights: Therizinosaurus, different ceratopsians (Styracosaurus, Diabloceratops, Kosmoceratops), or the feathered theropods from China, hadrosaurs, stegosaurs, etc. Or, as you say it, a Spinosaurus-Carcharodontosaurus diorama.

First of all K.Bela welcome you as a member of the forum. I totally agree with you and I know that Rebor repeats many times the same dinosaurs and prehistoric animals. But I suppose that it does it for commercial reasons, that is to say because it is sold.

But honestly I would like them to make new species of dinosaurs, in fact the dilophosaurus is good news or prehistoric animals such as deinosuchus, postosuchus (I'm still waiting for them to make such figures).

I understand and understand but Rebor in this case has its commercial philosophy and unfortunately for now focus on certain dinosaurs that are sued again and again by adults (collectors) and children.

Shonisaurus

By the way, the news of ankylosaurus will be available within four weeks as they comment on Everythingdinosaur on their website. I pass the links of the news:

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/pcb.1861728127194393/1861727180527821/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/pcb.1861154300585109/1861153223918550/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/EverythingDinosaur/photos/pcb.1861151880585351/1861150823918790/?type=3&theater

Ankylosaurus can be reserved by sending an email to www.everythingdinosaur.co.uk to the following email address.

[email protected]

I suppose that in the rest of European online stores will arrive at about the same time and I guess the same will happen with stores in the US and other countries in the world.

utd7

I am really liking the Mountain and Woodland variants, not digging the Plain version though.

At least these won't have standing issues hopefully, I really like REBOR but they have to improve these issues their Carnotaurus figure is stunning but it always falls over. I found the sweet spots for the Yutyrannus, Certosaurus and Acrocanthosaurus and in addition to making a stand for the Utahraptor but the Carno just keeps falling on his tiny little arms.

Anyway I like the overall design of the Ankylosaurus and am looking forward to seeing what they do with more herbivores especially badass ones like Ceratopsians cause they seem to suit their style. They should do a Gastonia which would go well with their Utahraptor in future.
We live in a Jurassic World

Ceratosaurus

Quote from: utd7 on May 11, 2018, 04:06:40 PM
I really like REBOR but they have to improve these issues their Carnotaurus figure is stunning but it always falls over.
Weird.  I always thought their Carnotaurus was one of their best stability wise as mine has never fallen over.
My Prehistoric Figure Collection - https://www.flickr.com/photos/115416096@N07/albums

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Ceratosaurus on May 11, 2018, 04:24:32 PM
I really like REBOR but they have to improve these issues their Carnotaurus figure is stunning but it always falls over.
Weird.  I always thought their Carnotaurus was one of their best stability wise as mine has never fallen over.

Totally agree and Rebor's carnotaurus is the best in stability and quality and for the record that I am not a fan of Rebor, but I have to admit that in my case the carnotaurus has never had problems, I repeat stability and it is the more detailed of all.

You may have the Rebor carnotaurus from some forum members manufacturing defects.

Shonisaurus

From what I've seen on facebook Rebor's ankylosaurus is 29.5 centimeters and weighs around 400 grams. It's made to a scale, 1:35.

I pass the link of the news with the comparative photo next to Rebor tyrannosaurus rex.

https://www.facebook.com/reborstudio/photos/a.555150811278598.1073741827.555146104612402/1539865702807099/?type=3&theater

On the other hand in the US the pre-order is $ 36.66 each Rebor ankylosaurus, pass the link,

https://www.facebook.com/BigBadToyStore/photos/a.178772635489090.44610.107929919235829/2080073965354738/?type=3&theater

Brontozaurus

I am really liking the Mountain and Woodland variants, not digging the Plain version though.

Ha, you're the opposite of me. The Plains version is the one I'll get if I do pick this up. Reminds me a lot of the Ankylosaurus from the first Zoo Tycoon game actually.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

Reptilia

Quote from: Shonisaurus on May 12, 2018, 12:05:03 AM
From what I've seen on facebook Rebor's ankylosaurus is 29.5 centimeters and weighs around 400 grams.

Quite big and chunky, cool. Stands pretty nice with "King T-Rex", but I believe it'll look even better with "Killer Queen".

K.Bela

Thank you very much, Shonisaurus!
Yes, I understand Rebor. Jurassic Park sold, sells and will sell. :)

Despite the debate over Euoplocephalus vs. Ankylosaurus, it's good to see some adult herbivores produced by Rebor.
I didn't understand the necessity of the three colour schemes, but I found myself contemplating between Mountain and Woodland. :) And Woodland won.

Faelrin

$37 isn't a bad price at all. considering the size and the features. I wonder if the lack of base helps bring the price down. I'll try to order one later this year, once my JWFK collecting is done.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Dino Scream3232

Have to say I wasn't impressed with the prototype pics at first. Seeing the finished product has changed my mind. Most likely getting the woodland variant. The paint on the scutes is just fantastic. Don't mind the jaw articulation. Definitely doesn't distract like the Papo iguanadon.

Flaffy

What's with Rebor's recent trend of sinking the eyes into their sockets, and painting the outer areas of the eyes black on their dinosaur models like they've applied pitch black eyeshadow on their eyelids?

Do people actually like this?

The Atroxious

Quote from: Flaffy on May 13, 2018, 05:07:23 AM
What's with Rebor's recent trend of sinking the eyes into their sockets, and painting the outer areas of the eyes black on their dinosaur models like they've applied pitch black eyeshadow on their eyelids?

Do people actually like this?

For what it's worth...yes. I actually really like that aesthetic. It contrasts to bring out the color of the eyes, and shifts focus to the face, which adds interest and a look of having personality.

I don't like it enough to get around the fact that none of Rebor's figures are must haves for me, but Papo does this to a lesser extent too, and I'll touch up the paint job on those with even darker paint around the eye to make it stand out more.

I also liked when PNSO was doing this, but again, not enough for the figures to be must haves, since I wasn't too much into their species choice considering the price.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: