You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Someone from the forum has the toyway iguanodon

Started by Shonisaurus, June 22, 2017, 09:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

I was curious because that dinosaur from the National History Museum of London of toyway that was sold in everythingdinosaur I have not seen it to any member of the forum (surely they have it since I joined recently in this forum) I do not Meeting nowhere and is more sold not even in eBay stores or Amazon.

Must be a toy dinosaur as inaccessible as the ornithocheirus of the same brand but I do not think that if it were sold it would be so expensive 500 euros for example.

I do not understand how this figure is inaccessible in the toy trade of eBay or Amazon, but going to the point is just out of curiosity if someone has such a figure. eye! I do not mean the WWD dinosaur or the yellow iguanodon of the British Museum.

Moodyraptor

Hmm, I don't have one, but I could have sworn I saw them in the shop when I visited the NHM a few months ago, so it's surprising if they've been discontinued and disappeared so soon.  If I'd known I would have snagged one.  I ended up choosing the stegosaurus, which is the only one of this line I have. 

Roselaar

I doubt they're gone forever while the rest of the line is still available. But you need a London forum member to check availability at the NHM to make sure.

ceratopsian

I looked in the NHM shop last time I was there quite recently and there weren't any.

postsaurischian

Shonisaurus

Quote from: postsaurischian on June 22, 2017, 10:21:32 PM
I think he means this one: http://dinotoyforum.proboards.com/post/81542

Exactly, I mean that figure. It is very difficult to achieve today. The iguanodon of the History National Museum of London must be a rare piece in the world of collecting.

I have posted alerts on this product to the eBay store but so far I am offered the Invicta iguanodon or the iguanodon from the TV series of walking among dinosaurs.

terrorchicken

I have it, its a nice iguanodon, not the best but pretty decent. Also have the diplodocus and kentrosaurus.

Jetoar

[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Shonisaurus

Quote from: Jetoar on June 24, 2017, 11:02:54 AM
In this old post you can see it my models. Included the iguanodon

http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=819.0

Thank you for the Jetoar pictures. From my point of view the iguanodon of Natural History Museum is a luxury piece within the iguanodon that exist in the toy market. You're lucky to have that jewel.

On the other hand I congratulate you for your videos and reproductions of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals that you have done.

BrontoScorpio

You are right - it's one of the rarest UK dinosaurs.
It reminds me much the Schleich small Iguanodon, both in color and posture.
I saw it once on ebay, about  a year ago, but let it pass due to shipping charges from seller -
took me few days to understand and regret it - but the item was long gone ...
Then, just 3 weeks ago my ebay alert went crazy ( I made 5 different alerts for that one ) -
and found one for a bin price of 3£ :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/iguanodon-Dinosaur-Model-Toy-Figure-Natural-History-Museum-/152578683370?hash=item238665f1ea%3Ag%3ALIUAAOSwbiFZOeeq&nma=true&si=A2rscGaV7XSYetie3dE67y133PY%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Immediatly snagged it for the 8£ "buy it now".
Seller was extremely nice - Agreed to let go of the terrible "Global shipping Program"

If I ever see another one - I'll let you know.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.