News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Paleozoo Ediacaran fauna

Started by Paleozoo, July 01, 2017, 05:43:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paleozoo

Ediacaran Fauna - Paleozoo evolutionary models.

The creatures of the Ediacaran period are among the most ancient complex multi-cellular lifeforms yet discovered.
The distinctive and varied biota of this period represent something of a mystery to palaeontology as it is still not
clear what kind of lifeform they actually were.

It is now recognised that a number of key evolutionary features emerged during this period including bilateral
symmetry, rudimentary heads and tails, hydrostatic anatomy, digestive tracts and locomotion. However no clear
lineages have as yet been identified between the Ediacaran and the Cambrian biota.

During this period anatomies were simple and mostly comprised of sequenced cellular units. Repetition
of these simple forms, within a changing environment, in conjunction with genetic variation is thought to have
led to ever more complex life.

One of 'Darwin's Dilemmas' was the apparent absence of any complex life prior to the Cambrian Explosion.
How could complex life suddenly appear in the fossil record? Since the discovery of Charnia many other
pre-Cambrian fossils have been found around the world and although specific lineages are yet to be
agreed upon the Ediacaran biota is clearly an earlier more primitive form of life.

Paleozoo aims to provide an outline of Palaeozoic evolution - expressed in a series of short
animations and a collection of museum-grade lifeform models.

Further information and models available for sale at Paleozoo.com.au

Shonisaurus

By the way the models of paleozoo are of resin or of plastic? I am interested in your figures are precious but put the figures are made of plaster / plastic Is not PVC material?

Anyway, the figures are beautiful and well finished.  :D

Paleozoo

Hi,
These models are all made of Gypsum and have been printed using the best available 3D printing technology. After printing they are given a protective coating before packaging and shipping.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Paleozoo on July 02, 2017, 02:47:57 AM
Hi,
These models are all made of Gypsum and have been printed using the best available 3D printing technology. After printing they are given a protective coating before packaging and shipping.

I already bought some Paleozoo figures directly from your store in Australia.
I know that also Shapeways sells your figures.
I'm in Europe and Customs fee from Australian products is quite high.
So I'm thinking about ordering Paleozoo figures from Shapeways Europe.
Are they the same models as Paleozoo website?
Same quality and same colors?

On Shapeways you can choose between "Full Color Sandstone" and "Coated Full Color Sandstone"
What's the best?
Thanks for the answer.
:)

Paleozoo

Yes, the Paleozoo models that you can buy from Shapeways are the same models that I provide via Paleozoo - exactly the same detail and colour. I'm not entirely sure though what the Shapeways full colour coated material process is because I do my own coating on the Paleozoo models. However clear coatings usually help protect models against handling and scuffing and can also lift the colour saturation slightly. The coatings can also provide a limited protection against UV damage. You have to be careful not to apply too much coating though or the model may start to look a bit 'gluey' (I think that's a word I just made up).The models that Paleozoo provide also include information cards and individual packaging.

Some of the other Paleozoo models require assemblage from different 3D printing components but these are not made available through the Shapeways interface.

Hope that helps.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.