News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

It is to know how I should clean PVC and resin figures

Started by Shonisaurus, July 22, 2017, 08:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shonisaurus

Good afternoon members of the forum, due to the accumulation of dust and especially in summer and because I have an extensive collection of dinosaurs PVC and resin you would like to ask (although I think there is some thread inside the forum) how should I clean the Figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals?

A friend of mine commented that I should clean them with soap and water, but because they are painted and are relentlessly cared for and in an excellent state of conversation, I do not give a damn about this suggestion. How do you clean the members of the forum? Above all I am worried about the conversation of these models since I will surely have to reorder the luxury agustinia of Collecta, paraceratherium of the same brand and spinosaurus of Papo due to its sticky and poor state of conservation well in sight but Sticky with the touch, that is to say deteriorated and that I commented it in another thread of the forum. .

Fortunately the rest of the figures are fine and as I do not want to happen to you about the dinosaurs and prehistoric animal mentioned above, I would ask you to tell me how I can clean those figures and prevent them from happening to the figures already commented on another occasion in the forum.  :-\

Halichoeres

I use a very soft toothbrush and some warm, slightly soapy water.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Halichoeres on July 22, 2017, 09:24:50 PM
I use a very soft toothbrush and some warm, slightly soapy water.

That would be my suggestions aswell.

You could also try alcohol (as for desinfection purposes), that should go well for the very most plastics, paints and glues, if unsure, test with a q-tip on a hidden part of the figure.

Shonisaurus

Thank you very much for the suggestions forum members. I will follow them straight, my dinosaurs and prehistoric animals need a proper cleaning for their conservation, on the other hand if you tell me both soap and alcohol do not damage the painting as I will try with my prehistoric animals.

sauroid

plastic figures' paint is not affected with soap and water with very few exceptions (painted Invicta might be very delicate and ive had bad experience with Britains figures' paint rubbing off after washing). just dry them completely before putting in storage, unless you will put them back on display, they will dry up naturally. altho i do not advice the soaking of hollow plastic figures in water because water might seep in and cause mold. hollow plastic figures i clean with mild alcohol and soft tissue paper.
"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.