News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Toy Thread

Started by Loon, August 23, 2017, 07:41:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Loon

With every new film, comes a new toyline, and Fallen Kingdom is going to be no exception. Since Mattel has gotten the license for Jurassic Park/World, it's going to be interesting to see what kind of products are going to come out of this.

MATTEL: "Evacuate the Island" Board Game
Source(s): Josh Evans, Jurassic Outpost
                   United States Patent and Trademark Office
First up is a bit of a rumor, as it only known from a trademark application. On August 14th, Mattel filed a new trademark on the US Patent and Trademark Office website. The trademark features the Word Mark "Evacuate The Island". The Goods and Services description  describes the product as "PARLOR GAMES AND ACCESSORIES THEREFOR; BOARD GAMES AND ACCESSORIES THEREFOR".

This wording has led some to believe this board game ties in to the reported plot of a volcanic eruption/dinosaur evacuation for the new movie.

LEGO: Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom Sets (System, Junior, Duplo)
Source(s): Jurassic Outpost
                   @lego_peru, Instagram
Thankfully the second announcement is more "official," appearing in what seems to be a booklet not meant for public consumption. @legu_peru posted this image on Instagram on 21st of this month. The original post seems to have been taken down, so I I'll be posting these cropped versions.

@lego_peru lists 10 new sets in total; 5 new LEGO sets (75926-75930), 3 new LEGO Junior sets (10756-10758), and 2 new LEGO DUPLO sets (10879, 10880). Lego Junior sets are more simplified sets and Duplo sets feature large bricks and unique Minifigures designs. These are displayed as Fallen Kingdom themed, so the will most likely not feature anything from previous installments (i.e. 25th anniversary stuff.)

That's it for know, I'll keep updating this thread as new info becomes available, and everyone is welcome to post new information if it has not already been posted.

Archinto

Spotted this bad boy today..... It was on a bench with other mattel prototypes. If this is the rex, I am seriously impressed and excited! The head is about the size scale as the young t-rex from the original line, maybe a tad larger

JW rex head by Archinto, on Flickr
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

pylraster

It looks good. The teeth look like they will be blunted for mass production. The head shape is leagues above anything Hasbro ever did.

Archinto

Hopefully they arent blunted too much. It'd be cool to leave a bite mark on your arm that stays there a little while LMAO
I'm seeking Orsenigo and other interesting vintage dinosaurs. Contact me if you can help with my search!

Blade-of-the-Moon

oooooohhhh.... looks very Kenner-like . reminds me of the Thrasher Rex.

stargatedalek

Quote from: Archinto on September 29, 2017, 01:53:40 AM
Hopefully they arent blunted too much. It'd be cool to leave a bite mark on your arm that stays there a little while LMAO
Would be nice if the teeth were made of softer material rather than being blunted.

Brontozaurus

Well damn, looks like I'll be buying Jurassic World stuff if that rex is indicative of what we'll get.
"Uww wuhuhuhuh HAH HAWR HA HAWR."
-Ian Malcolm

My collection! UPDATED 21.03.2020: Dungeons & Dinosaurs!

ItsTwentyBelow

That looks like a great Jurassic Park-style T. rex! I agree that it resembles the old Thrasher rex.

After the absolute let downs of the JPIII and JW toy lines, it's great to see a company returning to the fundamentals in earnest. Really hopeful that we get to see some exotic species done in this deluxe figure style.

Gwangi

That prototype head looks better than any finished product by Hasbro. I saved a lot of money when Jurassic World came out, gonna lose a lot with Fallen Kingdom.  :P

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Faelrin

Looks very much like the JP T. rex. I hope it has the binocular vision. None of the JW T. rex toys had that which is a feature of the T. rex skull/head, and that includes the JP one. Hope this is a good sign of things to come for Mattel's JW toys.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Coelophysis

I'm especially impressed with the way they handled the lips, it looks really natural! The only JW toys I bought were the blind bag miniatures and the Allosaurus, but if the T.rex is any indication of what's to come I'll probably be getting a lot more.

ImADinosaurRARR

Is it me or does this head look like it's meant to be articulated? That neck looks like it might end in a semicircle which could give it downward articulation, and the white pieces look a lot like the pieces that BOTM uses for his articulated prototypes. Also, that is defiantly an articulated jaw and tongue! Cool! I thought the larger JP stuff would be real-feel. This is interesting.

Archinto

Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on September 30, 2017, 08:14:36 PM
Is it me or does this head look like it's meant to be articulated? That neck looks like it might end in a semicircle which could give it downward articulation, and the white pieces look a lot like the pieces that BOTM uses for his articulated prototypes. Also, that is defiantly an articulated jaw and tongue! Cool! I thought the larger JP stuff would be real-feel. This is interesting.

It looks likethey may go fully articulated. They can still cast the figure in rubberized plastic to get the real feel appeal... :)  personally i think these might be some really killer dinosaurs I hope the price points are reasonable. The kenner red rex was about $30 msrp if i remember right. Id hate to see the dinos get way too high of a price poi t cause i know ill want them all!

Coelophysis

Quote from: Archinto on September 30, 2017, 09:17:14 PM
Quote from: ImADinosaurRARR on September 30, 2017, 08:14:36 PM

It looks likethey may go fully articulated. They can still cast the figure in rubberized plastic to get the real feel appeal... :)  personally i think these might be some really killer dinosaurs I hope the price points are reasonable. The kenner red rex was about $30 msrp if i remember right. Id hate to see the dinos get way too high of a price poi t cause i know ill want them all!

Based on the larger JP dinosaurs of recent lines, somewhere between $40-$60 dollars sounds about right.

Silvanusaurus

I'd be pretty stoked if they do a Baryonyx! (Is it too much to hope that Bary will finally get a full appearance in the new film?)

Shadowknight1

Quote from: suspsy on September 29, 2017, 06:13:18 PM
An encouraging sign.
Agreed, and I was one of the ones who was not optimistic when I heard that Mattel picked up the license.
I'm excited for REBOR's Acro!  Can't ya tell?

terrorchicken

Arent they making toys for kids and a separate line for adults/collectors? so maybe this is for the adult line.

So whats the story line for JW:FK?  a bunch of scientists/cutthroats/kids/morons go explore the abandoned park?

stargatedalek

Quote from: terrorchicken on October 01, 2017, 09:59:58 PM
Arent they making toys for kids and a separate line for adults/collectors? so maybe this is for the adult line.
No that was just speculation based on someone describing the smallest dinosaurs as being more exaggerated looking, but this has always been the case with the JP hatchlings. Could also have been miscommunication about Mattel planning a first wave themed around the earlier films to release before the new line.

If we get multiple lines at once we're gonna get an "all ages" line and a junior line, as with JP lines prior.

BlueKrono

Quote from: Silvanusaurus on October 01, 2017, 11:33:07 AM
I'd be pretty stoked if they do a Baryonyx! (Is it too much to hope that Bary will finally get a full appearance in the new film?)

I think so, unfortunately, since they already had Spino. Anything else would be a downgrade.
We are accustomed to look upon the shackled form of a conquered monster, but there - there you could look at a thing monstrous and free." - King Kong, 2005

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: