You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

New sauropod from mid-Cretaceous Africa

Started by Halichoeres, August 24, 2017, 10:39:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Shingopana hails from the Galula formation in Tanzania, the same formation as Rukwatitan.

Description (open access): http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/02724634.2017.1343250

Reconstruction by Mark Witton
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Cool discovery!  We're slowly filling in our gaps of Africa's dinosaurian record.

The paper doesn't appear to be open access, though.  And the "free" supplement just takes me back to the abstract...   :-\

Reptilia

Nice piece of paleoart there.

Jose S.M.

I can only access the abstract too, but it's a nice discovery, thanks for sharing.

Halichoeres

Oh, sorry guys, I didn't realize I was signed in to the university library. It opened for me, so I assumed it was open access. Apologies.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Joey

Nice! Another Sauropod to add to the Sauropod family  :) ^-^

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.