News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joey

Just to let people know, all of the remaining 2018 Safari figures (Malawisaurus, Dimetrodon, Hyaenodon and Macrauchenia) are expected to be available on DeJankins on December 18th.

Shonisaurus

Indeed, Safari is waiting to market its latest figures for the Christmas campaign. Other years Safari previously sold all his figures, but unfortunately this year will have to wait.

Paleodude

Strange of them to hold back on the more obscure taxa for the holidays (minus possibly Dimetrodon) rather than holding back the models like the new Triceratops that are guaranteed to sell well. Anyways I think this is a great year for Safari and a good followup to the 2017 line. The added sauropods and mammals were a great addition to help pad out some diversity.

RobinGoodfellow

For all friends from Europe, now it's possible to pre-order the FULL 2018 new Safari prehistoric line at Urzeitshop.
Expected shipping time: mid/late December.

https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/59-Safari-Ltd?id_category=59&n=156
:)

Shonisaurus

I have already ordered all the dinosaurs and prehistoric animals from Safari 2018 to the urzeitshop company (they sent me an email alert) and I am very happy. Less the mastodon (mammoth americanum and daeodon), the rest I have ordered and paid for.  :)

Yesterday they made a discount, I hope that those beauties come to me soon.

Mironimus

As soon as the new Safari figures arrive I will ship them.
:)

Urzeitshop - dinosaur online shop from germany
https://www.urzeitshop.de/gb/
Telegram: t.me/urzeitshop
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Urzeitshop

Shonisaurus

Last News!

The malawisaurus, macrauchenia and the hyaenodon are already available to forum members living in the USA on the safari webpage.

https://www.safariltd.com/new-dragon-animal-dinosaur-toys?dinosaurs=92&isAjax=1

On the other hand unfortunately the dimetrodon will have to wait at least until January next year according to comments Dejankins on its website, yes for those interested in the new figures of Safari and sells malawisaurus, hyaenodon and macrauchenia. I give you the links:

The sad news of dimetrodon Safari whose figure is behind in sales,

http://www.dejankins.com/coming-soon-to-dejankins

And the commercialization on the part of Dejankins of the malawisaurus, hyaenodon and macrauchenia ideal to make a gift or to autoregalar something for Christmas:

http://www.dejankins.com/wildsafari

Dan

Concavenator

That Malawisaurus looks just gorgeous.

terrorchicken

its also really small (or the mammals are really big?)

Takama

Quote from: terrorchicken on December 17, 2017, 10:50:58 PM
its also really small (or the mammals are really big?)

I believe the mammals are really big this year.   

Jose S.M.

The mammals are more or less in the standard safari dinosaur size (by standard dinosaur size I mean things like all the ceratopsians besides Triceratops or all the ornithopods for instance), that would be less than 20cm long and 10cm tall, the Malawisaurus is pretty long but not much taller than the mammals. There's something in the compositions of the shot that makes the mammals look gigantic, but Macrauchenia is 12 cm long, while Malawisaurus is 35 cm.

Flaffy

Really pretty Malawisaurus!
I wish Safari didn't include a trunk on Macrauchenia, I heard that recent studies disprove a long(ish) trunk on Macrauchenia. The black on the face looks a bit out of place as well.

John

Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on December 18, 2017, 03:07:30 AM
I wish Safari didn't include a trunk on Macrauchenia, I heard that recent studies disprove a long(ish) trunk on Macrauchenia. The black on the face looks a bit out of place as well.
Not quite.As of now Macrauchenia may or may not have had a trunk in life.If it had one,it may have been shorter and more tapir like than what is seen in the new model and most restorations though.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

tanystropheus

I really want to see a "trunked" sauropod, Crystal Palace-style Iguano and Dinosauroid and Troodon (Sideshow? Mezco?)...at some point!

tanystropheus

Quote from: John on December 18, 2017, 06:53:05 AM
Quote from: FlaffyRaptors on December 18, 2017, 03:07:30 AM
Not quite.As of now Macrauchenia may or may not have had a trunk in life.If it had one,it may have been shorter and more tapir like than what is seen in the new model and most restorations though.

Macrauchenia almost looks like a modern animal (as opposed to Shoebills).

Shonisaurus

I think that the hyaenodon and the macrauchenia are oversized in the photography with respect to the malawisaurus can be a photographic fake.

Anyway, the macrauchenia in a way reminds me as well as forum members say the saiga antelope, is for me a mix of tapir and dromedary without hump. Anyway, I wish it was as big as the great Schleich model, although this seems to overcome it.  :D

On the other hand the hyaenodon is a great figure I like sincerely more than Mojo without meaning that the Moya hyaenodon is fabulous, but the safari hyaenodon looks more detailed and less static.  8)

The malawisaurus I hope it is only a little smaller than the amargasaurus. It is a pity that they do not release for now the dimetrodon for which we have reserved figures in online stores like I will have to wait.  :)

spinosaurus1

i really hope that safari will start upping the size on the sauropod figures. honestly, the closest thing we have gotten to amazing large scale sauropod figures were either the carnegie line or PNSO. i needs me some large scale titanosaurs, darn it

Stuckasaurus (Dino Dad Reviews)

Quote from: spinosaurus1 on December 19, 2017, 02:45:10 PM
i really hope that safari will start upping the size on the sauropod figures. honestly, the closest thing we have gotten to amazing large scale sauropod figures were either the carnegie line or PNSO. i needs me a large scale titanosaur, darn it

I'm with you! The Malawisaurus is a wonderful start; it's nice to have a 1:40 Safari titanosaur that's bigger than the Carnegie Saltasaurus, but I'm really hoping to see... well, ANY of the supergiant titanosaurs from them as well. Argentinosaurus, Patagotitan, Alamosaurus, whatever.

I'm really hoping for an updated Mamenchisaurus as well (or at least on Omeisaurus if they don't want to make a very large model).

Shonisaurus

Although I know that most of the members of the forum do not agree, I would like Safari to do a rapetosaurus and with it a majungasaurus or majungatholus. We need wildlife from Madagascar apart from the masiakasaurus.  :)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: