News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Ltd.: New for 2018

Started by Patrx, August 25, 2017, 05:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: Shonisaurus on September 20, 2017, 03:13:42 PM
Quote from: Stuckasaurus on September 20, 2017, 01:51:53 PM
Quote from: suchomimus on September 18, 2017, 12:38:42 PM
Guess we can expect a double of the ceratopsian by CollectA given the trend from recent years  ::)

Haha, no doubt.

Although Safari needs a new reprint of the missing company Carnegie's spinosaurus and competing with that of Collecta.  :)

Perhaps, WS could take inspiration from the Carnegie Spinosaurus , update the posture, and give it a more memorable paint job?

Reptilia

Hopefully. But not in the quadrupedal stance as Collecta's, please.

DinoToyForum

You're speculating in the wrong thread.  C:-)

Patrx

Looks like we've got another sauropod in the lineup!

Jose S.M.

Great! Safari has never made to sauropods the same year right? at least for the Wild Safari line, not counting when they made the Carnegies.

Shonisaurus

I hope that among the sauropods is a camarasaurus. After the disappearance of camarasaurus carnegie we are orphans of that interesting animal. Except if I am not mistaken Tiptoi or Geoworld in the western companies has not become to do any.  ^-^

Sim

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on September 21, 2017, 06:26:45 PM
Great! Safari has never made to sauropods the same year right? at least for the Wild Safari line, not counting when they made the Carnegies.

Apatosaurus and Brachiosaurus were both made for the Wild Safari line in 2010: https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2009/11/23/4388400.html

Halichoeres

Outstanding to see a second sauropod. Based on the thumb claw and posture, I think Camarasaurus is a pretty good guess. Look like another big year from Safari--minimum 7 prehistorics, probably 8 if the teaser video shows a Hyaenodon. The end of the Carnegie line really unleashed them.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Daspletotyrannus

I wonder if it might be an Amargasaurus. As I don't think it a new Nigersaurus because they are retiring the current one. What I'm hoping for is Europasaurus or Camarasaurus.

What if it is a Brontosaurus. Well to me the legs look like it might be a small sauropod not a large one like Diplodocus or Apatosaurus.

Neosodon

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 21, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
Outstanding to see a second sauropod. Based on the thumb claw and posture, I think Camarasaurus is a pretty good guess. Look like another big year from Safari--minimum 7 prehistorics, probably 8 if the teaser video shows a Hyaenodon. The end of the Carnegie line really unleashed them.

As much as I would love a Camarosaurus I don't think that's it as the front legs are too skinny for a large front heavy sauropod. My bets are on an Amargosaurus.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Jose S.M.

Quote from: Sim on September 21, 2017, 06:58:15 PM
Quote from: Jose_S.M. on September 21, 2017, 06:26:45 PM

Apatosaurus and Brachiosaurus were both made for the Wild Safari line in 2010: https://blog.everythingdinosaur.co.uk/blog/_archives/2009/11/23/4388400.html

I see, I don't know why I thought they were released a year a part of each other, 2010 and 2011.

ceratopsian

Whatever the identity of the sauropod, it is an astonishingly emerald green!  But I am all in favour of a new sauropod to add to my collection. And if I find it too bright, I can always have it repainted.

terrorchicken

Quote from: Daspletotyrannus on September 21, 2017, 07:17:51 PM
I wonder if it might be an Amargasaurus. As I don't think it a new Nigersaurus because they are retiring the current one. What I'm hoping for is Europasaurus or Camarasaurus.

they are retiring the nigersaurus? do you know if Safari are retiring any other figures this year?

it be cool if the horse was a prehistoric/extinct species...

Reptilia

My bets are on Camarasaurus.

Daspletotyrannus

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 21, 2017, 09:33:31 PM

they are retiring the nigersaurus? do you know if Safari are retiring any other figures this year?

I heard Gastornis, Inostrancevia, baby Triceratops, baby Pteranodon, Baby Stegosaurus, and Edmontosaurus  are retiring too. The prehistoric shark toob and Cambrian Life toob  are retiring.  I've been hearing for awhile about  Nigersaurus and Gastornis but this year I started hearing Inostrancevia.   Right now they are all on sell on the website and from what I understand when that happens the are retiring. Oh and the last prehistoric trees too is going.

That is what happened when the prehistoric crocodiles toob was retired.

**edit **
I've emailed them asking about what prehistoric / dinosaurs figures that are being retired.  So if they tell me I'll update you guys.   

PhilSauria

More Sauropods! I've started a purchase fund already. Sauropods already make up a large part of my collection and it looks like that herd is going to get even larger next year, and all of this without knowing what the other major players will be releasing yet.

Faelrin

Would be interesting if it is another sauropod. I wonder which one.
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Jose S.M.

Quote from: terrorchicken on September 21, 2017, 09:33:31 PM

On facebook they said that the new figures in the "hot deals" category were going to be discontinued, and that list includes Gastornis, Inostrancevia, Nigersaurus, Edmontosaurus and some babies, and the toobs. But who knows they can change their minds so let's wait for their response to Daspletotyrannus.

Pachyrhinosaurus

Looks exciting. Maybe the Przewalski (if that is indeed what it is) would be a good stand in for prehistoric horses.

Also according to the official Safari Ltd newsletter, we should be getting to see the first wave in full next week!
Artwork Collection Searchlist
Save Dinoland USA!

Halichoeres

Quote from: Neosodon on September 21, 2017, 07:31:00 PM
Quote from: Halichoeres on September 21, 2017, 07:00:15 PM

As much as I would love a Camarosaurus I don't think that's it as the front legs are too skinny for a large front heavy sauropod. My bets are on an Amargosaurus.

Maybe! Too me the long legs make it look macronarian rather than diplodocid, but I could certainly be wrong. We'll find out soon!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: