You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Faunal turnovers in Late Triassic South America, with new material of Tarjadia

Started by Halichoeres, September 11, 2017, 07:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halichoeres

Paper:
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41559-017-0305-5

Can everyone see this figure? This is Tarjadia, an early pseudosuchian related to Erpetosuchus and Ornithosuchus. White is known elements, olive is missing material.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Cool study, thanks for sharing!  I find it interesting how few teeth Tarjadia had in its upper jaw.

Halichoeres

Quote from: ZoPteryx on September 11, 2017, 10:58:50 PM
Cool study, thanks for sharing!  I find it interesting how few teeth Tarjadia had in its upper jaw.
Apparently that's a feature common to erpetosuchids, but I have no idea what the functional significance of that might be. It's definitely odd!
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.