News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Mirificus Studios Poll: Top Pterosaur?

Started by ZoPteryx, September 13, 2017, 05:53:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which pterosaurs would you like to see added to the Mirificus Studios line of figures?  Please choose three (3).

Caviramus schesaplanensis (primitive crested pterosaur from Late Triassic Switzerland)
Anurognathus ammoni (tiny frog-headed pterosaur from Late Jurassic Germany)
Pterorhynchus wellnhoferi (crested lobe-tailed pterosaur from Middle Jurassic China)
Darwinopterus modularis (crested pterosaur intermediate between long-tailed and short-tailed varieties from Late Jurassic China)
Istiodactylus latidens (moderately sized scavenging pterosaur from Early Cretaceous England)
Ikrandraco avatar (toothed pterosaur with a crest on the lower jaw from Early Cretaceous China)
Zhenyuanopterus longirostris (extremely toothy pterosaur from Early Cretaceous China)
Pteranodon longiceps (famous crested sea-going pterosaur from the Late Cretaceous USA)
Pterodactylus antiquus (famous toothed pterosaur from Late Jurassic Germany)
Cycnorhamphus suevicus (bizarrely-jawed pterosaur from Late Jurassic Germany)
Pterodaustro guinazui (specialized filter-feeding pterosaur from Early Cretaceous Argentina)
Dsungaripterus weii (specialized shell-crushing pterosaur from Early Cretaceous China)
Thalassodromeus sethi (large-crested pterosaur from Early Cretaceous Brazil)
Caiuajara dobruskii (shark-fin-crested tapejarid pterosaur Late Cretaceous Brazil)
Shenzhoupterus chaoyangensis (unusual big-headed pterosaur from Early Cretaceous China)
Hatzegopteryx thambema (giant macropredatory pterosaur from Late Cretaceous Romania)
Zhejiangopterus linhaiensis (well preserved azhdarchid from Late Cretaceous China)
Harpactognathus gentryii (large and crested rhamphorhynchid from the Late Jurassic USA)
Ludodactylus sibbicki (Early Cretaceous crested and toothed pteranodontoid from Brazil)
Aerodactylus scolopaciceps (Late Jurassic small ctenochasmatoid named after a Pokemon from Germany)

ZoPteryx

I hope to use this poll, and others like it, to gauge what types of creatures folks would like to see made for my (hopefully one day available) Mirificus Studios line of figures.  Keep in mind larger species will be made at 1:40 scale, and those smaller than 6 meters/20 feet in life will likely be made at larger scales (1:20, 1:6, 1:2, etc.).  If you want a species not listed here, please write your suggestion in the comments.

Have fun voting!  :D

Halichoeres

I wrote in Harpactognathus. But honestly I'd love to see any and all of these made into toys.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Halichoeres on September 13, 2017, 09:56:59 PM
I wrote in Harpactognathus. But honestly I'd love to see any and all of these made into toys.

Noted!  ;)

Patrx

I wrote in Ludodactylus! Aerodactylus would also be really neat  :)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Patrx on September 22, 2017, 03:14:05 PM
I wrote in Ludodactylus! Aerodactylus would also be really neat  :)

I've added them to the poll.  Would you like a yucca leaf with your Ludodactylus?  ;)

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.