News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Papo: New for 2018

Started by Reptilia, September 26, 2017, 12:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tanystropheus

Quote from: SyndicateBias on March 14, 2018, 02:02:48 AM
Oh nah that's just me being pessimistic about it because of my disappointment with 2018 not having a Giganotosaurus, thus why i got the Vitae one and im in the process of getting the resin lit Giganotosaurus from Shane Foulkes and in a few months or weeks ill also be getting Sean Coopers Carcharodontosaurus resin kit because literally Papo nor Rebor will probably make it anytime soon so rip my wallet ;D

Whatever remains of the Papo Giganotosaurus lives within the Papo Acrocanthosaurus.

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: tanystropheus on March 14, 2018, 03:36:19 AM
Quote from: SyndicateBias on March 14, 2018, 02:02:48 AM
Oh nah that's just me being pessimistic about it because of my disappointment with 2018 not having a Giganotosaurus, thus why i got the Vitae one and im in the process of getting the resin lit Giganotosaurus from Shane Foulkes and in a few months or weeks ill also be getting Sean Coopers Carcharodontosaurus resin kit because literally Papo nor Rebor will probably make it anytime soon so rip my wallet ;D

Whatever remains of the Papo Giganotosaurus lives within the Papo Acrocanthosaurus.

I sometimes stare at my papo Acro's Head and try to imagine the rest of its body if it was a papo giganotosaurus, it had the perfect head for one too!

Shonisaurus

We should not be so defeatist, in case Papo marketed a giganotosaurus I hope he is as good as the vast majority of his figures and that he competes in genius with other toy dinosaur companies.  :)

Atokensis

Shonisaurus

The acrocanthosaurus, as already pointed out, looks like resin, it is much better than its counterpart acrocanthosaurus arcoĆ­ris discontinued this year.  8)

You can see in the photograph in the distance another of the three most beautiful figures of Papo this year along with the quetzalcoatlus that is the therizinosaurus does as I have already commented very good pair with the baryonyx, adult spinosaurus and tyrannosaurus runner.  :)

Behind you can see the iguanodon that I think is a pretty good figure and certainly much better than in promotional photographs, although that figure is not well seen.

Thank you Atokensis for these beautiful photographs. Sorry that you can not see the rest of the Papo 2018 dinosaur figures in all their splendor as it happens with his acrocanthosaurus 2018.

SidB

Definitely on my 2018 "acquire" list. I'm glad that I passed on the original version. This beast is formidable!

mgaguilar

Agreed. This is an amazing paint scheme on such a fierce looking sculpt.

Is Papo now doing "themed" paint schemes? As with how several of their models had a "rainbow" repaint scheme (Adult Rexes, Velo, Acro).
I am hoping this wild-looking scheme is a start to figures having more dramatic and "inspired" paint jobs.

PhilSauria

That new colour scheme has been a deal-maker for me, definitely will see one of these on my shelves by the end of the year.

Dinomike

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 14, 2018, 08:49:47 PM
That new colour scheme has been a deal-maker for me, definitely will see one of these on my shelves by the end of the year.

Same here! A must-have!
Check out my new Spinosaurus figure: http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=5099.0

Syndicate Bias

when is this one projected to release? Imma buy two or three day 1

Simon

I am SOOOOOOOO tempted by that repainted Acrocathosaurus .... despite the mega-sized feet ... that and the rearing Therezinosaurus .... they may not be 100% accurate, but as figures they are FINE!!!!   :o :o

Syndicate Bias

rebor has mega feet not papo

Simon

Quote from: SyndicateBias on March 14, 2018, 11:31:47 PM
rebor has mega feet not papo

Oh, you're baaad ... taking away my reasons to keep my wallet closed  ;) .... well, I guess that I'll take a closer look at them ... I'm in no hurry because Papo isn't going anywhere ... and that Therezinosaurus is just CALLING me to take an Exacto-knife, wire and putty to it and reposition it into a more normal pose .... hmmmm.....   8) 8) 8)

Syndicate Bias

how do you even fix the posture and still make it natural, I have to see this

Syndicate Bias

also i could be wrong but i thought the papo acro's only innacuracy was the elongated Giganotosaurus looking head when its supposed to be smaller like rebor's.

stargatedalek

Quote from: SyndicateBias on March 14, 2018, 11:54:38 PM
also i could be wrong but i thought the papo acro's only innacuracy was the elongated Giganotosaurus looking head when its supposed to be smaller like rebor's.
The Papo is inaccurate in just about every measurable way. Shrink-wrapped, weird head, giant feet, no tail muscles, bulging nonsensical leg muscles, the list goes on.

Essentially, almost nothing about it is truly accurate, but no one thing is in itself so inaccurate as to stand out as particularly erroneous. It's deceptive.

Syndicate Bias

ah oh well, still a great figure lol. I wonder if Shane's Acrocanthosaurus is the most accurate then

Syndicate Bias

you know what, with a few modifications this could look more like a giganotosaurus now that i see it more. take away the sail and it could be one

Syndicate Bias

well the skull could use some work to be accurate to the giganotosaurus but you get what i mean  :P

Faelrin

I can't wait to have that awesome Acrocanthosaurus on display next to the Safari Ltd Sauropelta later this year (maybe).
Film Accurate Mattel JW and JP toys list (incl. extended canon species, etc):
http://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=6702

Every Single Mainline Mattel Jurassic World Species A-Z; 2024 toys added!:
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9974.0

Most produced Paleozoic genera (visual encyclopedia):
https://dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php?topic=9144.0

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: