You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Prehistoric Scenes from My Studio (and desk) ...

Started by Simon, October 17, 2017, 06:32:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

/UNDER CONSTRUCTION/ - Check downthread ...  ;)

RobinGoodfellow

...really an awesome mammals shelf.. congrats  :D

tyrantqueen

Prehistory and Al Jolson..that's quite a workspace >:D

BrontoScorpio

I see you also had troubles with the PNSO Willson T-rex -
mine also was completely upright - and took it about 2 weeks to completely bend to the side ...
Liked your solution with the transparent stick - I'll try it too -
not sure there is a place to stick it in ...

Roselaar

Looks pretty good! I know plenty of worse decorated desks.

Shonisaurus

Simon the desk decorated with these beauties looks very cool. It's very nice.  8)

Simon

Quote from: tyrantqueen on October 17, 2017, 07:52:57 AM
Prehistory and Al Jolson..that's quite a workspace >:D

*Chuckle*  You ain't seen nothing yet!  ;)

sauroid

"you know you have a lot of prehistoric figures if you have at least twenty items per page of the prehistoric/dinosaur section on ebay." - anon.

Simon

Quote from: BrontoScorpio on October 17, 2017, 09:47:39 AM
I see you also had troubles with the PNSO Willson T-rex -
mine also was completely upright - and took it about 2 weeks to completely bend to the side ...
Liked your solution with the transparent stick - I'll try it too -
not sure there is a place to stick it in ...

You just need to trim the plastic rod down to size and gently place it in the right spot through a little trial and error ... not too hard to do ... the plastic rods are cheap and available on ebay ... I've posted links to the seller I got them from in one of the PNSO threads discussing this figure ...

Reptilia

Nice mammals display. I wanna see how big is your desk though, I always wanted a huge workspace but I don't have enough room sadly.

Simon

Quote from: Reptilia on October 18, 2017, 12:01:27 AM
Nice mammals display. I wanna see how big is your desk though, I always wanted a huge workspace but I don't have enough room sadly.

The dimensions of my work desk are 29 inches deep x 71 inches wide.  Its BIG.  ;D

Simon

A new arrival has just joined the dinosaur herd ... the AWESOME 2018 Collecta IGUANODON!!!

Syndicate Bias

beautiful, the giganotosaurus paint on yours seems far more friend than mine, still easily one of the best dinosaurs I've ever had in my collection

Lanthanotus

Nice comparison shot of all those great figures :).... I thought you only collect figures of a certain scale.... does this Kabaya Deinonychus stand in for a Utharaptor or is my premise wrong?

PhilSauria

Terrific assortment - two weeks till I have one of those Iguanodons on my desk as well! Don't know how you manage to get any work done on your work desk with all of those quality figures to look it; that would prove very distracting for me.

Simon

Quote from: PhilSauria on March 15, 2018, 09:39:56 AM
Terrific assortment - two weeks till I have one of those Iguanodons on my desk as well! Don't know how you manage to get any work done on your work desk with all of those quality figures to look it; that would prove very distracting for me.

Actually, gazing at them from time to time gives me the mental break from work that I need in order to keep going ... like looking at a favorite painting on the wall ....  ;)

Simon

Quote from: Lanthanotus on March 15, 2018, 08:32:54 AM
Nice comparison shot of all those great figures :).... I thought you only collect figures of a certain scale.... does this Kabaya Deinonychus stand in for a Utharaptor or is my premise wrong?

Bullseye ...  ;D ... that is exactly what its supposed to be ... a "Utahraptor'-sized" raptor ...

... it would be more correct to say that I only DISPLAY figures TOGETHER that are of the same scale .... the mammals on the other corner of my desk are 1:40 scale ... which is kind of annoying, as I'd love for them to be in scale with the dinos ... but the Paleoloxodon's coming!!!  ;D ;D ;D

Shonisaurus

Incidentally the iguanodon of Collecta is huge, with the great photos that you have shared Simon looks almost the same size as the Giganotosaurus of Vitae although I have the limited version (I liked more with blood on the body) I totally agree that it is one of the best dinosaurs that I have in my collection currently and compete in genius with those of Safari and Carnegie.  :)

Magnificent set of dinosaurs PNSO, Simon. Hopefully one day this company will return to get their hands on the market and continue to delight us with new figures. Above all I hope the giganotosaurus and amargasaurus that I have the impression that they may even be the best in the market if they are ever commercialized.

Syndicate Bias

i just had my giganotosaurus get some smaller blue dots and blood as well, don't like the limited as much because the dots on it are huge and awkward for me

Roselaar

Gorgeous beasts! :)

Still, something about the Iguanodon puts me off. That's why I didn't buy it when I saw it in a store last week. I'm not exactly sure what it is...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: