News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobinGoodfellow

..some new figures will come, some old figures will go...

Collecta retired models in 2018:

https://www.minizoo.com.au/blog/retired-collecta-for-2018-minizoo-blog/
  :'(

Jose S.M.

I thought the bigger feathered rex wasn't going to be retired, I read that was a misunderstanding  :o. Unless they are going to be remade, some of those like Edmontonia and Bistahieversor don't deserve to go in my opinion, there are worst CollectA's still. Neither is the swimming Spino, but probably bussiness reasons are behind that decision.

RobinGoodfellow

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on February 06, 2018, 01:11:28 PM
(..) but probably business reasons are behind that decision.

..business is always behind every commercial decision..  ;)

Shonisaurus

I hope they make a paraceratherium and a nigersaurus much better than the previous Collecta company.

On the other hand the bistahieversor do not understand the reason for his withdrawal or his commercial failure. For me it was a pretty good figure. And what has been said there are even less graceful figures of dinosaurs from the paleoartistic point like the tarbosaurus, majungasaurus or the rhoetosaurus from my point of view and with all the respect to the Collecta brand and its sculptors, taking into account that these three figures that I have cited They belonged to the dark age of Collecta.

Many of his figures will obey commercial reasons or new reissues such as the spinosaurus swimming that was one of the best figures of Collecta for example. The edmontosaurus seemed to me a pretty good figure, despite its monochrome tones.

suspsy

Perhaps CollectA wants to eliminate some competition for their new Deluxe T. rex. Don't understand why they would retire the Bistahieversor so soon though. There's plenty of other old products they could have axed instead. Ah well.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

SidB

I initially reacted the original rumor that the feathered T-Rex was on the chopping block by buying one, a decision that I'd postponed since the old review of it on the blog. I'm very glad that I did. I even was surprised to see that they had corrected the convex flap of skin at the back of the mouth. I'm looking forward to the new one and do not share the negative sentiments expressed by some. Being open to the positive aspects of these new releases really allows me to get the most out of this hobby. On the other hand, a critical review, critical being understood in the best sense of the word, is a really helpful and informative thing, especially when it is founded on actual data. For example, I always find the commentary from Sim, for example, highly useful, as the science is foundational to his critiques. Others also, on the technical end, contribute so much.

By  contrast, but also in a complementary way, the aesthetic and therefore more subjective assessments are great too, as they reflect another reason why we participate in this subculture.

Blade-of-the-Moon

CollectA has quite the large lineup of figures.  I can easily why retiring a  few is a good idea, chances are those models just didn't sell as well either despite what we think looks good retailers are often..different in regards to opinion.

Bokisaurus

No surprise on some, but definitely some surprise with the marine reptile and rexes, even the small swimming spinosaurus. I hope that this means a resulted version is on the horizon for some.

tanystropheus

I hope they make a better Rhomaleosaurus. Smaller and more streamlined.

Ravonium

I'm not very surprised with the retirement of most of these, but I will admit that I don't think the Swimming Spino shouldn't have been retired. I really hope they make better versions of Megalosaurus, Becklespinax, Eustreptospondylus, Chasmosaurus, Rhomaleosaurus and Paraceratherium.

Shonisaurus

I would like a chasmosaurus in standard version but especially in Deluxe version. I would like a toy company of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals such as Collecta to make such a big version considering that it is very undervalued in the toy market and is a dinosaur of the best known ceraptosides.

Megalosaurus and Eustreptospondylus are very undervalued figures as well. Considering that megalosaurus is one of the first discovered dinosaurs it would be interesting for them to make one to the scale of their torvosaurus Deluxe.

On the other hand, the paraceratherium is a well-known figure among the fairly informed public and I believe that this figure has not yet been brought to justice. That of the Collecta brand and now, unfortunately, it has been discarded. The descatalogada was not a bad figure from my point of view.

Rhomaleosaurus was a very acceptable figure I think there were less fortunate figures among the figures Deluxe Collecta not seem fair that they have discontinued said figure.

The beklespinax wish a good reediction of said figure.

Dreaming is free and hopefully our dreams come true in the near future at least in one of the discontinued figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals from Collecta.  :)

Katieraptor

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 07, 2018, 04:06:09 PM
I would like a chasmosaurus in standard version but especially in Deluxe version. I would like a toy company of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals such as Collecta to make such a big version considering that it is very undervalued in the toy market and is a dinosaur of the best known ceraptosides.

Megalosaurus and Eustreptospondylus are very undervalued figures as well. Considering that megalosaurus is one of the first discovered dinosaurs it would be interesting for them to make one to the scale of their torvosaurus Deluxe.

On the other hand, the paraceratherium is a well-known figure among the fairly informed public and I believe that this figure has not yet been brought to justice. That of the Collecta brand and now, unfortunately, it has been discarded. The descatalogada was not a bad figure from my point of view.

Rhomaleosaurus was a very acceptable figure I think there were less fortunate figures among the figures Deluxe Collecta not seem fair that they have discontinued said figure.

The beklespinax wish a good reediction of said figure.

Dreaming is free and hopefully our dreams come true in the near future at least in one of the discontinued figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric toy animals from Collecta.  :)

I'm definitely on board with Megalosaurus. There are way too few figures of this animal.
What I love about Allosaurus is that it lived an extremely violent life that was rife with broken bones, cuts, scrapes, infections, sprains, and yet it just kept on truckin.

My Art

Blade-of-the-Moon

I would like to see a  nice Megalosaurus myself.

Shonisaurus

They just told me by email that Collecta's news is already in minizoo. You can check it on their website. Are available, the mapusaurus, iguanodon, mantellisaurus, sciurumimus and dunkleosteus. So I guess in the next few days other online companies in Europe and America both online and physical will start selling these products.  :) I give you the link:

https://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/collecta/collecta-2018/

Reptilia

I wish Collecta would retire both their quadrupedal Spinosaurs and make a more believable deluxe version.

Neosodon

Quote from: Reptilia on February 08, 2018, 10:33:49 PM
I wish Collecta would retire both their quadrupedal Spinosaurs and make a more believable deluxe version.
The Swimming one is probably the most believable. Too bad their retiring that one.

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 08, 2018, 03:35:54 PM
They just told me by email that Collecta's news is already in minizoo. You can check it on their website. Are available, the mapusaurus, iguanodon, mantellisaurus, sciurumimus and dunkleosteus. So I guess in the next few days other online companies in Europe and America both online and physical will start selling these products.  :) I give you the link:

https://www.minizoo.com.au/categories/collecta/collecta-2018/
Awesome! But the price on some of those. :-\

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Blade-of-the-Moon

Pricing is perfectly inline with past releases?   I ordered what I wanted, shipping was pretty much what I would pay here for Priority Mail.

Shonisaurus

I will have to wait much longer than the rest of the forum members in reference to Papo and Collecta dinosaur shipments. I buy them in the Shop of the Museum of Natural Sciences of Madrid, they are people with whom I have a great friendship but obviously it is of the last places of the physical stores where these figures are sold. So I will have to wait for the first shipments in spring and the next shipments in September as every year in relation to Collecta.  :)

Neosodon

Quote from: Blade-of-the-Moon on February 09, 2018, 05:58:17 PM
Pricing is perfectly inline with past releases?   I ordered what I wanted, shipping was pretty much what I would pay here for Priority Mail.
It's probably the fact that most of them are deluxe.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Reptilia

Quote from: Neosodon on February 09, 2018, 08:30:59 AM
The Swimming one is probably the most believable. Too bad their retiring that one.

They should make a new deluxe version in a similar stance, but with slightly longer legs. If they've updated the Tyrannosaurus I'm confident they can do the same with the Spinosaurus for 2019 or 2020.

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: