News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

CollectA: New for 2018

Started by Mironimus, November 03, 2017, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stargatedalek

Quote from: Reptilia on February 09, 2018, 09:30:28 PM
Quote from: Neosodon on February 09, 2018, 08:30:59 AM
The Swimming one is probably the most believable. Too bad their retiring that one.

They should make a new deluxe version in a similar stance, but with slightly longer legs. If they've updated the Tyrannosaurus I'm confident they can do the same with the Spinosaurus for 2019 or 2020.
I stress that there is actually no evidence for this. One person, who has never seen the bones in person, and who's initial measurements were proven to be in complete error, is making that claim. Just because his name carries a lot of pull in certain circles doesn't mean we should take his word over people who've actually seen, let alone studied, the remains in question.

*edit*
I'm not trying to say the CollectA Spinosaurus are accurate, they have some pretty glaring issues (and I concur, placing the weight on the fingers is one of them), but the leg length issue is far from something that has been corrected in any way whatsoever.

Sim

Quote from: SidB on February 06, 2018, 05:27:46 PM
For example, I always find the commentary from Sim, for example, highly useful, as the science is foundational to his critiques.

Thanks for the kind words SidB, I'm glad to hear that.  I like reading your well thought-out posts.

Shonisaurus

I pass a video of a minizoo user whose name is Alex The Titanosaur Emperor where he shows himself packed (looks pretty bad) the Collecta 2018 dinosaurs (he bought them in Minizoo) the dinosaurs are mantellisaurus, dunkleosteus and the great iguanodon. I give you the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fG1-bLHBLc&index=8&list=LLUjFsRERSKutYtDXKmwSS6w

As you can see the iguanodon and dunkleosteus seem to be quite large.

Blade-of-the-Moon

just received my Minizoo order, picked up all of them minus the Dunk.  Torvo and Styrac for comparisons.

Shonisaurus

The iguanodon was as I imagined huge and very nice. A great figure.  :o  8)

As for the mapusaurus it is much better finished than the original promotional images.  :)

The sciurumimus is perhaps another of the strong figures of this group together with the iguanodon and bigger than I thought.  8)

The mantellisaurus is certainly a great figure but what kills him are the paintings of war although I respect the philosophy of Collecta, I do not fit in a herbivorous dinosaur a painted skull although I know that in the current nature there are herbivores both mammals and not with the head ornamented with paintings, however it would have been more realistic with a more moncler skull painting.

Toasaurus

Hi everyone im alex the titanosaur emperor im sorry you you didnt like my video and it looked bad i use my phone to  film and upload my videos im sorry im not spinodude here i try my best to make unboxings and reviews :)

Lanthanotus

Quote from: Toasaurus on February 21, 2018, 08:49:45 PM
Hi everyone im alex the titanosaur emperor im sorry you you didnt like my video and it looked bad i use my phone to  film and upload my videos im sorry im not spinodude here i try my best to make unboxings and reviews :)

Umm, what? Wrong thread maybe... ;)

Ravonium

Quote from: Lanthanotus on February 21, 2018, 09:06:51 PM
Umm, what? Wrong thread maybe... ;)

I think he was replying to Shonisaurus (Reply 562), who said that his unboxing video is bad.

im sorry you you didnt like my video and it looked bad i use my phone to  film and upload my videos im sorry im not spinodude here i try my best to make unboxings and reviews :)

Don't sweat it. If that's the best you can do, then good for you :)  I personally dislike videos that unbox a product without saying any comments on it*, but apart from that, I see no issues that aren't a result of constraints.

*This specific comment is my personal opinion, It is entirely possible that most of your viewers like that kind of video, but I personally don't.

Shonisaurus

Hi Toasaurus, for my part, I did not say that I would not like your video. Your video I like the only thing I said is that it looked very bad. I greatly appreciate this video because they were the first dinosaur figures of Collecta 2018 that were seen in a video, for me it was a first and therefore I showed the video to DTF because I thought it could be interesting and I mentioned your name for copyright. In fact I am targeted to your videos because everything related to dinosaurs and prehistoric animals, documentaries, toy dinosaurs, books, etc. I like them yes or yes.  :)

Toasaurus

Blade-of-the-Moon

Quote from: Shonisaurus on February 21, 2018, 03:37:29 PM
The iguanodon was as I imagined huge and very nice. A great figure.  :o  8)

As for the mapusaurus it is much better finished than the original promotional images.  :)

The sciurumimus is perhaps another of the strong figures of this group together with the iguanodon and bigger than I thought.  8)

The mantellisaurus is certainly a great figure but what kills him are the paintings of war although I respect the philosophy of Collecta, I do not fit in a herbivorous dinosaur a painted skull although I know that in the current nature there are herbivores both mammals and not with the head ornamented with paintings, however it would have been more realistic with a more moncler skull painting.

The colors in normal household light don't look so bold on the Mantellisaurus and it's really detailed too.   I also like the drinking pose.

Shonisaurus

Members of the forum surfing the net I have seen a great video of Alex The Titanosaur Emperor where he shows us a video of the iguanodon, for those of us who do not yet have them in our respective collections, it serves to "open our mouths"  :)

I give you the video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YLm2NZriUc

Fembrogon

You know what? Maybe my opinion would change if I actually owned more of these, but I finally realized that Collecta's theropod feet are as ugly as the bases. They're all stubby-looking and short on detail, and frankly look almost TOO small.
Maybe their theropods would manage better if their feet were actually built to support the weight better.  :-\

Halichoeres

Quote from: Fembrogon on March 01, 2018, 05:37:32 AM
You know what? Maybe my opinion would change if I actually owned more of these, but I finally realized that Collecta's theropod feet are as ugly as the bases. They're all stubby-looking and short on detail, and frankly look almost TOO small.
Maybe their theropods would manage better if their feet were actually built to support the weight better.  :-\

They've gotten a little better in the last couple of years, but yeah, their feet are still a little wonky. I think their sculptor would benefit from practicing on some bird feet.
In the kingdom of the blind, better take public transit. Well, in the kingdom of the sighted, too, really--almost everyone is a terrible driver.

My attempt to find the best toy of every species

My trade/sale/wishlist thread

Sometimes I draw pictures

terrorchicken

yeah, a lot of the theropods look like they're tip-toeing. I hate it too.

MLMjp

I sure have miss some things being so distracted by Mattel Jurassic World line. Collecta never disappoints me when I choose which figures I will be getting, the Iguanodon looks amazing and I really like the Mapusaurus. Can't wait to get them.

Shonisaurus

1047/5000
Well sincerely I am very happy with the current theropods of Collecta, which perhaps suffer from defects like any dinosaur toy, but every year they make theropods of better quality from my honest point of view. I honestly am very happy with the new tyrannosaurus rex feathered and that I only know it from promotional photos.

What perhaps spoils the aesthetics of the figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals (sometimes) is his painting or excessive makeup in the skull that give him the constant look for example of a mandril, otherwise they seem interesting figures.

As for stability, I understand that Collecta year after year is making the most effort and obtaining notable achievements that have a favorable impact both in the field of collecting and in the game (children), it must be recognized that some figures have suffered from stability but sincerely in my case I do not have any complaint of any of my theropods based on both standard online and Deluxe online.

John

The feet of all four theropods from this year,Sciurumimus,Mapusaurus,Ceratosaurus and Tyrannosaurus are in the right proportions for their respective species and none of them are on the tip of their toes,so that is a problem that they seem to have solved.For this year at least.
Don't you hate it when you legitimately compliment someone's mustache and she gets angry with you?

Reptilia

Is it all for wave one? Anybody knows when are we going to see Dimetrodon and Estemmenosuchus?

suspsy

Quote from: Reptilia on March 02, 2018, 10:42:54 PM
Is it all for wave one? Anybody knows when are we going to see Dimetrodon and Estemmenosuchus?

Those are part of the summer wave, as are the other remaining toys.
Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: