You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Denying the Bird-Dinosaur Relationship

Started by suspsy, November 16, 2017, 01:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

suspsy

Untitled by suspsy3, on Flickr

alexeratops

like a bantha!

Loon

Was literally just reading up the Creationists' favorite paleo-ornithologist, Alan Feduccia today, oddly enough.  Love these so-called "free-thinkers" and "skeptics."

Neosodon

The relationship between birds and other dinosaurs is undeniable. I believe in convergent evolution but proposing that dinosaurs and birds evolved feathers independently is pretty far fetched not to mention all the other anatomical similarities. I've said birds should not be considered dinosaurs before as simply a terminology thing. Saying non avian dinosaurs all the time gets old. I think the term dinosaur should only refer to those before the avian split. While the term Dinosauria or Dinosaurians could be used as the proper scientific term when referring to the group as a whole.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.