News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Spinosaur Toys / Models With That 'M' Shaped Sail

Started by IrritatorRaji, November 24, 2017, 01:12:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

I'm sure the 'M' shaped sail has a name but I have no idea what it is so forgive me for that.

Anyway, different people have different views on what Spinosaurus looked like. Bipedal, Quadrupedal, scaled, feathered, erh.... this. But yeah, I don't really care what's going on but I'm all about that 'M' shaped sail, you all know the one, the one that looks like this:

Not sure why to be honest. I don't really like the look of the rounded one. I'm not talking in terms of scientific accuracy but just in terms of looks, the 'M' shaped one just looks better in my opinion.

But

I don't really think dinosaur toy / model manufacturers agree with me as there are hardly any toys / models out there with that sail (and I'm nowhere near rich enough to afford the Sideshow Spino, sob). I only know of the CollectA ones, which I haven't bought yet but do plan to, and the 2016 Kaiyodo one, but other than that I'm drawing blanks.

So does anyone know of any Spinosaur figures with a non-rounded sail?

Rain

It's not exactly what you're looking for but the Safari one doesn't have a "rounded" sail.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Rain on November 24, 2017, 01:18:11 AM
It's not exactly what you're looking for but the Safari one doesn't have a "rounded" sail.

It's close enough, I'll look for ones online.

Jose S.M.

There's  also the Favorite one, I think it was released thus year.

IrritatorRaji

Quote from: Jose_S.M. on November 24, 2017, 01:21:35 AM
There's  also the Favorite one, I think it was released thus year.

Do you have a picture of it?

stargatedalek

Favorite has two with that sail, a smaller swimming one and a giant one walking.

postsaurischian

KANNA DINOSAUR CENTER - Dinosaur Expo 2016

Kaiyodo - Dinosaur Expo 2016

Favorite - Softmodel 2017

MLMjp

Mistake. Please delete this post.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.