News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

Disclaimer: links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, when you make purchases through these links we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roselaar

Don't forget this one:

I'm not impressed by that poster. It's most likely just a teaser (or it better be), in which case it serves its purpose, but otherwise it's just terribly uninspired and dull.

We got these in at my theatre too. I could have nicked one, but I decided it wasn't worth it. Unlike the JP 3D poster earlier this year though. :)

Hermes888

Also, this.

Quote from: scallenger on August 03, 2013, 06:15:55 AM
Well, look what my boyfriend who works at a movie theater was able to snag for me today. ;) A double-sided poster of the brand new Walking With Dinosaurs. I love it!
*snip*
Am I wrong in understanding that there's something else on the back of the poster?

HD-man

Quote from: HD-man on August 03, 2013, 05:22:42 AM
Quote from: Balaur on July 26, 2013, 06:39:24 AM0:27 of the Japanese Trailer; I at first thought it was Hesperonychus. However, now I'm a bit dubious on what it is. It might be a Albertonykus, which did live in the same place and time as the other animals in the movie. It's wings are smaller than Hesperonychus's, so it might be it, but it could be another deinonychosaur.

Is the Japanese trailer's narration 1st or 3rd person? Many thanks in advance.

P.S. For those who haven't seen said trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FO2ssg9eEo&feature=player_embedded

Just making sure my question isn't forgotten about.  ;)
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

DinoToyForum

Perhaps we have a Japanese speaking member who may be able to tell us?

scallenger

Quote from: Hermes888 on August 04, 2013, 08:14:07 PM
Quote from: scallenger on August 03, 2013, 06:15:55 AM
Well, look what my boyfriend who works at a movie theater was able to snag for me today. ;) A double-sided poster of the brand new Walking With Dinosaurs. I love it!
*snip*
Am I wrong in understanding that there's something else on the back of the poster?

No, it just means the same image is printed in on both sides (technically backwards on the other side) for it to have light shine through it in a typical movie poster display properly. Most movie posters you get from places like Wal-mart and the like just have white on the back, you know? But actual movie theater posters are double-sided and perhaps a thicker and better quality stock to them. :)
Jurassic Time is back... and this time, it will stay with you forever.

Jurassic Time... it can now belong in your own museum.

Balaur

I was really trying to find more information on the movie, and after about a full hour of digging I ended the search with a few intresting finds. Supposedly there is a model of a Chirostenotes on the net (without the feathers) but I am a bit dubious of that. There is also the hero Pachyrhinosaurus with the hole in the frill in a white background.

Now, with a movie like this, I was thinking "they are probably going to have names for the dinosaurs." And I was correct. In fact, I found a picture (I'll post it soon) with the names of dinosaurs with pictures of them. Apparently the hero Pachyrhinosaurus with the hole in his frill is called "Patchi". There is a female Pachyrhinosaurus that Patchi becomes friends with named "Juniper". There is also another Pachyrhinosaurus named "Scowler" probably Patchi's brother. The Alexornis is named "Alex" and the beautiful iridescent blue Gorgosaurus is named "Gorgon".

Alex, Patchi, and Gorgon are all quite a little uncreative when comparing them to their dinosaur names. Though, honestly, I do find the names a bit cute. Another thing is brought up with this. I am pretty sure that we will hear their thoughts, if they have names, unless narration from the third person names them or they remain unnamed in the movie. I am a bit worried, because Speckles the Tarbosaurus was so horrible, (though it was probably the animation and ridicuolosly boring story, while this has an intresting story and beautiful animation and CGI, and is very accurate) I am worried it will be like that. I hope that they don't have the voice over people sound like in Speckles, because that was what ruined it for me with Speckles.

Also, I found what appears to be toys for the movie.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1392102.htm

If find the Gorgosaurus, and most of the Pachyrhinosaurus good, but the Troodon and Alexornis are a bit wiered. Enjoy the look.

I did notice that it said Troodon on the website. Troodon confirmed? 'Cause I think it was already established to be a Troodon, but I still had no confirmation if I'm not mistaken.

Blade-of-the-Moon

I don't think those are the actual toys..but if they were I'd buy em'. 

tyrantqueen

I do not think the dinosaurs need names.. ::)

Looks like this film is becoming more and more like Disney's Dinosaur the more I hear about it. The only thing that is keeping my interest so far is the designs by David Krentz. Otherwise I would have written this thing off as another movie for the kids.

I don't understand why they keep calling it "Walking with Dinosaurs" when there is next to nothing about it that is similar to the BBC series. It seems to me as though they're trying to piggyback off WWD's popularity.

I am tempted to order from Argos to see if those are really toys or not.

Roselaar

Those toys look intriguing, but they're probably not as good looking in real life, if those are actual WWD toys at all. 6 for 12 pounds is suspiciously cheap.

CityRaptor

Yes, those seem to cheap to be as good looking as the ones in the picture.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

SpartanSquat

Not only that toys. 3 more.
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1292697.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1218994.htm
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/1229952.htm

Well some dinosaurs in dinosaur revolution had names like Jack the badass t-rex, buck the cancelled styracosaurus or stumpy the handless t-rex.
Im hoping to see a replica of Edmontonia or Gorgosaurus.

CityRaptor

Those goofy feet again.

Also talking plush toy? Hope it does not mean actual talk.
Quote"you will not want to put the cuddly Patchi down despite him being a dinosaur!"
Fools! Him being a Dinosaur IS the reason FOR not putting him down.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

Jetoar

I hope to see  this movie in Spain and its figures  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

Concavenator

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 01:26:29 PM

Looks like this film is becoming more and more like Disney's Dinosaur the more I hear about it. The only thing that is keeping my interest so far is the designs by David Krentz. Otherwise I would have written this thing off as another movie for the kids.

I don't understand why they keep calling it "Walking with Dinosaurs" when there is next to nothing about it that is similar to the BBC series. It seems to me as though they're trying to piggyback off WWD's popularity.

Yes,I agree with you.Now that I discovered the dinosaurs has names,I'm a bit disappointed,sincerely
:-\ It is too children-ish!
Quote from: RolandEden on August 07, 2013, 02:23:51 PM

Well some dinosaurs in dinosaur revolution had names like Jack the badass t-rex, buck the cancelled styracosaurus or stumpy the handless t-rex.
Hopefully CollectA will do one  ;)

Balaur

Quote from: Juan Andrés on August 07, 2013, 03:37:15 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 01:26:29 PM

Yes,I agree with you.Now that I discovered the dinosaurs has names,I'm a bit disappointed,sincerely
:-\ It is too children-ish!
Quote from: RolandEden on August 07, 2013, 02:23:51 PM

Hopefully CollectA will do one  ;)

I don't mind having them have names. I do have to admit I am a litttle disappointed that it is becoming more and more childish. However, I am not going to let this pass. I WANT TO SEE QUETZALCOATLUS IN ITS FULL GLORY! And the Alexornis. I still will see it.

I think it will be like Milo and Otis, which I didn't mind as a kid and still don't mind it. I hope the story abd narration is not like Speckles (what is up with dinosaurs falling off cliffs in that movie?) I am not going to give up on this film yet. I think I will enjoy it.

tyrantqueen

I don't know what Milo and Otis is, sounds like some kind of Disney thing :P

As for the toys, I like the Gorgosaurus. I'd pick it up for its beauty alone.

Gwangi

Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 06:37:23 PM

"The Adventures of Milo and Otis" was originally a Japanese movie about a farm cat who gets lost (Milo) and his pug dog friend (Otis) ventures off to find him. It was released in 1986 and took four years to make. It was filmed entirely using live animals and was eventually edited for western audiences and dubbed over in English by English actor Dudley Moore. He not only narrated the movie but did the voices of all the animals. I loved the movie as a kid and I believe it was well received by critics. My wife recently bought it on DVD but I honestly don't want to watch it because to me it looks like animal cruelty now that I'm an adult and can understand those concepts. There are scenes where the cat is floating down a river in a box, the dog fights a bear, the cat is mobbed by birds and falls off a cliff into the ocean. They say no animals were harmed but I've read they used something like 30 cats and I'm sure none of them enjoyed the process.

Takama

you forgot to mention the scene where Milo gets pinched in the nose by a crab.

Also, i saw (All the Animals were under close supervision) in the credits, not ,none of them were harmed.

I relly loved it as a kid, and i still do today.

Chances are i might like This new Walking With Dinosaurs movie, if it follows the same form of narration.

Gwangi

Quote from: Takama on August 07, 2013, 07:07:20 PM
you forgot to mention the scene where Milo gets pinched in the nose by a crab.

I didn't forget it just like I didn't forget the scene where the cat is in a giant pit and forced to try to get out. There is also a scene where the cats paw appears broken and some think it actually was for the sake of the movie. I just didn't think we needed a comprehensive list so I only used a few examples that came to mind.

QuoteAlso, i saw (All the Animals were under close supervision) in the credits, not ,none of them were harmed.

I guess that implies that they were indeed harmed...but under supervision. Clearly they were harmed, no cat wants to be put in a box and floated down a river and later attacked by crows and gulls.

QuoteI relly loved it as a kid, and i still do today.

I cannot imagine why. I liked it as a kid too but now I have no desire to watch over an hour of animal abuse. I'm glad that movies have turned away from using live animals in movies. Those old dinosaur movies with dressed up reptiles forced to fight and strung up with fishing line come to mind. I suppose those are at least from the 50's-60's and not as recent as 1986 like "Milo and Otis".

QuoteChances are i might like This new Walking With Dinosaurs movie, if it follows the same form of narration.

I would like narration only, like in the David Attenborough documentaries or "March of the Penguins". I hope there are no animal voice-overs.

tyrantqueen

Quote from: Gwangi on August 07, 2013, 06:47:23 PM
Quote from: tyrantqueen on August 07, 2013, 06:37:23 PM

"The Adventures of Milo and Otis" was originally a Japanese movie about a farm cat who gets lost (Milo) and his pug dog friend (Otis) ventures off to find him. It was released in 1986 and took four years to make. It was filmed entirely using live animals and was eventually edited for western audiences and dubbed over in English by English actor Dudley Moore. He not only narrated the movie but did the voices of all the animals. I loved the movie as a kid and I believe it was well received by critics. My wife recently bought it on DVD but I honestly don't want to watch it because to me it looks like animal cruelty now that I'm an adult and can understand those concepts. There are scenes where the cat is floating down a river in a box, the dog fights a bear, the cat is mobbed by birds and falls off a cliff into the ocean. They say no animals were harmed but I've read they used something like 30 cats and I'm sure none of them enjoyed the process.
I see. It doesn't sound like my kind of film, honestly.

Support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these links are affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.