News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Walking with Dinosaurs 3D

Started by Balaur, July 19, 2012, 02:31:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krentz

This will be the first movie I take my kids too.  My oldest (5) is a dinosaur nut.  I'm really curious to see how they react to the humor.  Curious...and a little scared.

Concavenator

Those voices are awful!  *yuck*
And even the dinosaurs behave weird.The Quetzalcoatlus hits another one.It looks like they're behaving like children instead of animals,as Balaur pointed.
People are so little honest.They should have just kept the film as it was,and with a documentary narrator.But wait no.They got that into a weird thing I don't want to see.I'm terribly disappointed also.
My only hope is that I wish Jurassic Park 4 will be neat.

Jetoar

Yesterday I saw the poster of the film in the cinema, Iam waiting to know the date of release  ^-^.
[Off Nick and Eddie's reactions to the dinosaurs] Oh yeah "Ooh, aah", that's how it always starts. But then there's running and screaming.

{about the T-Rex) When he sees us with his kid isn't he gonna be like "you"!?

My website: Paleo-Creatures
My website's facebook: Paleo-Creatures

SpartanSquat

Quote from: Concavenator on December 04, 2013, 06:47:34 AM
Those voices are awful!  *yuck*
And even the dinosaurs behave weird.The Quetzalcoatlus hits another one.It looks like they're behaving like children instead of animals
Or we are behaving like animals?I think animals are more human than us. I remember 5 years ago in the Zoo, in the Orangutan and Gibbon exibith, 3 gibbons were trolling a male orangutan. Every gibbon  was hitting the head of the orangutan. Finally he took a branch and start chasing them, just like kids.
And I saw many more strange behaviour in animals, one year ago when I was in Kenya. Believe me, animals are just like us. Or we are just like them?

CityRaptor

Indeed animals often display some behaviour that is rather human. Besides that, them hitting eachother might have other reasons.

Having seen a German Trailer on TV, Alex gets voiced by Otto Waalkes. Itself not a problem, sinse he also voiced Mushu in Mulan and Sid in Ice Age. Unfortunately seems like he gets to use his mannerisms aswell ( he didn't for Mushu and Sid ), which might work not so well.
Jurassic Park is frightning in the dark
All the dinosaurs are running wild
Someone let T. Rex out of his pen
I'm afraid those things'll harm me
'Cause they sure don't act like Barney
And they think that I'm their dinner, not their friend
Oh no

alexeratops

OH.MY.GOSH. HIS NAME IS ALEX AND HE'S ALMOST THE MAIN CHARACTER. ;D ;D ;D ARE ANY OF YOU HAPPY FOR ME?????? ;D ;D ;D
like a bantha!

alexeratops

I don't really care if they can think. just my opinion.

"But seriously man what's up with those wittle baby hands; they're so cute!"
like a bantha!

Roselaar

I'm lucky enough (am I really? That's open for debate considering the trailers) to attend the press screening for this film next Thursday, a week before it is released. Chances of me writing a positive review are looking increasingly slim I must admit...

alexeratops

Quote from: Roselaar on December 04, 2013, 03:41:00 PM
I'm lucky enough (am I really? That's open for debate considering the trailers) to attend the press screening for this film next Thursday, a week before it is released. Chances of me writing a positive review are looking increasingly slim I must admit...

Lucky.
like a bantha!

Balaur

Alright! That will help me decide wether or not I want to see this or not.

Roselaar

Quote from: Balaur on December 04, 2013, 04:31:41 PM

Alright! That will help me decide wether or not I want to see this or not.

Not necessarily, the review will be written in Dutch. :) But I can post an English synopsis here no doubt.

Balaur

A few new character posters foe the movie have been revealed. We can now add another animal with a name. One of the Quetzalcoatlus' is named "Perry". Same name as a friend of mine, except her name is Peri. ;)

ZoPteryx

Quote from: Balaur on December 07, 2013, 02:27:18 AM
A few new character posters foe the movie have been revealed. We can now add another animal with a name. One of the Quetzalcoatlus' is named "Perry". Same name as a friend of mine, except her name is Peri. ;)
Haha!  My last name is Perry!  I'm a Quetzalcoatlus!!! ;D

Balaur

Quote from: Zopteryx on December 07, 2013, 02:57:05 AM
Haha!  My last name is Perry!  I'm a Quetzalcoatlus!!! ;D

Lol! ;D

alexeratops

Um, I knew that about 3 weeks ago. I was going to see a movie and I saw a big sticker on the door that had a pic of a Quetz on it and under the pic it said in big letters, "PERRY". Same with Alex.
like a bantha!

Balaur

Quote from: alexeratops on December 07, 2013, 03:28:55 AM
Um, I knew that about 3 weeks ago. I was going to see a movie and I saw a big sticker on the door that had a pic of a Quetz on it and under the pic it said in big letters, "PERRY". Same with Alex.

Oh. This just came on the internet like three days ago. So it's new to me. ;)

alexeratops

Quote from: Balaur on December 07, 2013, 03:48:00 AM

Okay. ALEX IS SOOOOO COOL MAN YOU HAVE TO AGREE
like a bantha!

Balaur

Quote from: alexeratops on December 07, 2013, 02:40:40 PM
Quote from: Balaur on December 07, 2013, 03:48:00 AM

Okay. ALEX IS SOOOOO COOL MAN YOU HAVE TO AGREE

I wish it was left and not be the way it is now. This has the Walking with Dinosaurs label on it. It doesn't deserve it at all. I think the movie could do just fine without the voices and names. Sorry, but that's my opinion, unless thr movie changes that when I go to see it.

HD-man

Quote from: Balaur on December 07, 2013, 03:11:15 PMI wish it was left and not be the way it is now. This has the Walking with Dinosaurs label on it. It doesn't deserve it at all. I think the movie could do just fine without the voices and names. Sorry, but that's my opinion, unless thr movie changes that when I go to see it.

Don't be sorry. It's not your fault you're right. This is basically "Dinosaur Revolution" all over again: Remember that, when we 1st heard about DR as "Reign of the Dinosaurs", it was made out to be the feature-length version of "Phil Tippett's Prehistoric Beast" (See the following vid) dino-fans have been waiting for; Same here, but worse, partly b/c my expectations weren't as high for DR (I sorta expected this from Discovery, given its recent crapiness, but not the BBC) & partly b/c WWD3D has frequently bad (I.e. Undignified/annoying) 1st person narration (as opposed to infrequently bad 3rd person narration like DR).

BTW, while I originally said that "I'll ONLY watch it [WWD3D] on DVD if there's a "no narration" option" (See my 1st post: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,630.300.html ), I'll also watch the movie if there's a "language of narration" option. That way, the narration will just be background noise to me & thus not adversely affect my enjoyment of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlaXIRTjNfo
I'm also known as JD-man at deviantART: http://jd-man.deviantart.com/

Balaur

Quote from: HD-man on December 07, 2013, 06:46:44 PM
Quote from: Balaur on December 07, 2013, 03:11:15 PMI wish it was left and not be the way it is now. This has the Walking with Dinosaurs label on it. It doesn't deserve it at all. I think the movie could do just fine without the voices and names. Sorry, but that's my opinion, unless thr movie changes that when I go to see it.

Don't be sorry. It's not your fault you're right. This is basically "Dinosaur Revolution" all over again: Remember that, when we 1st heard about DR as "Reign of the Dinosaurs", it was made out to be the feature-length version of "Phil Tippett's Prehistoric Beast" (See the following vid) dino-fans have been waiting for; Same here, but worse, partly b/c my expectations weren't as high for DR (I sorta expected this from Discovery, given its recent crapiness, but not the BBC) & partly b/c WWD3D has frequently bad (I.e. Undignified/annoying) 1st person narration (as opposed to infrequently bad 3rd person narration like DR).

BTW, while I originally said that "I'll ONLY watch it [WWD3D] on DVD if there's a "no narration" option" (See my 1st post: http://www.dinotoyblog.com/forum/index.php/topic,630.300.html ), I'll also watch the movie if there's a "language of narration" option. That way, the narration will just be background noise to me & thus not adversely affect my enjoyment of the movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlaXIRTjNfo

Thanks for the video. I feel a lot better now!

Yep, it totally feels like Dinosaur Revolution all over again. Yeah, I guess language of narration won't be as annoying, and just be background noise. That sounds like a good idea. ;)

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: