News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

Safari Feathered Rex Legs?

Started by IrritatorRaji, December 19, 2017, 12:58:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IrritatorRaji

Probably just me, but is my Rex leaning too far forward? Do his legs look a little weird to anyone else?

gursar

sadly many figures mostly theropods are leaning because of the heat and the gravity by the time. maybe you can use something to stop leaning any further. a thin acrylic rod or something like that to put between its chest and the ground to support its weight. I use the original plastic protection of the figure which came out of its own package to prevent the same problem.

Neosodon

Just dunk it in hot water and straiten it out. But you would have to re straiten it every time it starts to lean. I have figures like that too but I just don't display them as often.

"3,000 km to the south, the massive comet crashes into Earth. The light from the impact fades in silence. Then the shock waves arrive. Next comes the blast front. Finally a rain of molten rock starts to fall out of the darkening sky - this is the end of the age of the dinosaurs. The Comet struck the Gulf of Mexico with the force of 10 billion Hiroshima bombs. And with the catastrophic climate changes that followed 65% of all life died out. It took millions of years for the earth to recover but when it did the giant dinosaurs were gone - never to return." - WWD

Minmiminime

Don't worry, it's not just you, mine's the same! I've got it propped up to stop it leaning further
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Jose S.M.

Mine was good for a week or so and then started to lean until it couldn't stand, I made a base for it. I didn't try the hot water method, I figured it wasn't worth to try because I live in a very hot climate so in matter of days it would be the same.

SidB

Jose, would you have a picture of that base that you made for your T-Rex? I'm looking for a bit of inspiration.

Shonisaurus

Honestly the feathered tyrannosaurus of Safari is a leading figure but the bad thing is that it does not stand up. Ideally, they would put a permanent base on said figure.

It is the bad thing to put feet correctly proportioned to any theropod they are all of them (whatever the brand that is) prone to falls. I always keep the packing bra for those figures and it serves them as taca taca. That is one of the reasons why I prefer theropods with fixed bases like the giganotosaurus of the same company and if it can be with additional decorations (although it costs more).

That does not mean that the feathered Tyrannosaurus figure of Doug Watson is a leading figure as it was Battat tyrannosaurus rex and as it is said of the good music "humans age but good music never", the same can be said of the good figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals made by a company, "people leave but their good works are left" and that I apply to the feathered Tyrannosaurus of Safari by Doug Watson.  :)

Jayroxdawrld

The legs do look weird to me. I got one last year and he doesn't balance well at all. The legs are too thin. But I think with the feathers and all that this is the best T-rex figure that Safari Ltd. has made yet.

Lanthanotus

Mine stood fine for weeks until it toppled over. Since then I place it in a way that its tail is tugged under the tail of another figure but I may eventually customize it to make it stand properly. I am however unsure, where the figure bends, but I guess it's in the toes rather than the upper foot or ankle. My way of stabilizing it would be to drill holes and fit strong wire in.

Ravonium

Mine stood fine on the first day I had it, but it started toppling over after then. I currently just have it standing on my shelf supported by a wall to the left of the shelf. I may try the hot water method in the future to see if it works on this specific figure.

Minmiminime

Hot water does work...for a little while! Gravity unfortunately wins eventually, every time.
The Psittacosaurus is similarly afflicted, but being so light it's not down to too much weight on legs too soft to support it; mine arrived with the left ankle bent underneath it. I heated and straightened it, enabling it to stand perfectly on it's feet unsupported! But, eventually, that problematic left ankle returns to its original state ::)
"You can have all the dinosaurs you want my love, providing we have enough space"

Bokisaurus

Ah, the dreaded warping of legs/feet. This seems to  be a common problems with Safari figures. I have the Spino, Giga ( old version), Carno - all suffering the leg warping even with their tripod pose.
Not much I can do, when I tried to fix the Giga, I almost broke the leg !

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.