News:

Poll time! Cast your votes for the best stegosaur toys, the best ceratopsoid toys (excluding Triceratops), and the best allosauroid toys (excluding Allosaurus) of all time! Some of the polls have been reset to include some recent releases, so please vote again, even if you voted previously.

Main Menu

You can support the Dinosaur Toy Forum by making dino-purchases through these links to Ebay and Amazon. Disclaimer: these and other links to Ebay.com and Amazon.com on the Dinosaur Toy Forum are often affiliate links, so when you make purchases through them we may make a commission.

I

Papo 2019 Hopes & Dreams

Started by indominus, December 20, 2017, 03:16:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dragon53

SHONISAURUS:

For a while there I thought Papo made a mistake on its Spinosaurus. Outside of it tipping over in hot weather and I'm not a Spinosaurus fan, I think it's one of Papo's best dinosaurs---I especially like its matte finish that Papo has now apparently abandoned.  ::)

Shonisaurus

D @dragon53 For me, my three favorite carnivorous theropods by Papo are spinosaurus, running tyrannosaurus and acrocantosaurus.

The spinosaurus of Papo was one of the most awaited figures for me in his day and I have it in my preferred shelves, sincerely I like its first version better than its second one that is less finished.

I have the first version of the Papo spinosaurus (by the way sticky) damaged by the weather and I bought another spinosaurus in an online store and I noticed that it did not look like the first version of Papo's spinosaurus, so I'm stuck with the two versions, the good one (in this case deteriorated by the weather and whose plastic is sticky) and the second one. I thought I would give the first version but seeing the low quality of the second version of Papa spinosaurus I decided to keep the two in my collection.

dragon53

SHONISAURUS:

Can you post photos of the two different Spinosaurs?

Shonisaurus

D @dragon53 If I had a mobile phone that could take pictures. Of course I would. As I mentioned several times because I am devoted to the collection of dinosaurs and that requires a considerable amount of money for me I adopt a war economy, in such a way that the mobile phone I have is of third or fourth generation, that is to say second hand and can only make calls. That is the sad reality but I can assure you and affirm that what I tell in the forum is reality.

For my eagerness to collect dinosaurs and other prehistoric animals as literally of sandwich, that is to say if it is necessary I take it off to eat, the only luxury that I have is my home computer and to make payments online from time to time.

That is one of the reasons why I do not buy mobile phone to save for other essential things in life.

dragon53

tanystropheus

I hope they release a feathered Spinosaurus, so that it will be future proof (just in case we change our perspective on the dinosaur again).

Syndicate Bias

I dont think all dinosaurs had feathers but what do I know. The spinosaurus probably was more crocodilian in nature but if it did have feathers I actually kinda theorised they would have the same kind of feathers penguins have since they are still semi aquatic dinosaurs and those kinds of feathers are more beneficial than your standard ones then again it was hot in such climate so dont know lol

Shonisaurus

(deleted)

Vidusaurus

I honestly couldn't care less what Papo does, as long as they continue to pander to the awesomebro/Jurassic Park crowd I'm not particularly interested in their work. I have the feathered Velociraptor and don't mind their Ceratosaurus and Dimetrodon, but beyond that nothing they've done is anywhere near accurate enough to catch my interest. That being said, I think something like an Ouranosaurus would work really well for them, as would a big carnosaur of some kind (my personal hope is for either Megaraptor or Yangchuanosaurus but I understand the hype around Giganotosaurus), although I wouldn't give them a second look unless realism and scientific accuracy become higher priorities for the company. Not holding my breath though.

Shonisaurus

What I do not understand is that the feathered velociraptor of Papo has had so many criticisms among the members of the forum is one of my favorite theropods. I would have to be a hippocrat if I said the opposite but I like scientific figures of dinosaurs and prehistoric animals more, but honestly I do not dislike the dinosaurs based on pop art the dinosaur figures awesomebro / Jurassic Park. In fact I am waiting impatiently for the two varieties of Tyrannosaurus from Rebor àpodados "Vanilla Ice".

Syndicate Bias

Megaraptor was once believed to be the biggest raptor until it was found that it wasn't one. Is it an allosaurid then?

I would like to see papo take on it and Carcharodontosaurus I hope 2019 surprises us

Due to rebor making a Stygy I can almost guarantee papo will do one to compete with theirs

Ivántirrophus

Archaeopterix and Tupuxuara will be retired this year. I haven't got Tupuxuara yet   :'(

Maybe Papo release new pterosaurs  :)

tanystropheus

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 18, 2018, 07:01:03 PM

Due to rebor making a Stygy I can almost guarantee papo will do one to compete with theirs

I don't think Papo is intentionally competing with anyone, but a Stygy does fit their style. It will look ridiculous when juxtaposed near their Pachy, though (but so does Bary when compared to Spino and that didn't stop them)

Syndicate Bias

Quote from: Ivántirrophus on October 23, 2018, 03:20:46 AM
Archaeopterix and Tupuxuara will be retired this year. I haven't got Tupuxuara yet   :'(

Where did you hear these news?
I @Ivántirrophus

DragonRider02

Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 23, 2018, 08:04:37 AM

I @Ivántirrophus
Everything Dinosaur posted about it on their Facebook.
I am really surprised they are retiring Tupuxuara, it' s such great model!

tanystropheus

Quote from: DragonRider02 on October 23, 2018, 08:19:15 AM
Quote from: Syndicate Bias on October 23, 2018, 08:04:37 AM

I @Ivántirrophus
Everything Dinosaur posted about it on their Facebook.
I am really surprised they are retiring Tupuxuara, it' s such great model!

That's odd. The Tupux is their best pterosaur model. Perhaps, they are planning on releasing them in different colors...

Cretaceous Crab

Man, its hard to believe that 2018 has flown by!  :o

Personally, I like Papo for their style and quality, if not their dedication to accuracy.  True, there are some figures that I cannot overlook (Ex: Spinosaurus, Amargosaurus), but most of them look quite nice on a shelf, and I can't wait to repaint some of them.

My hopes for new releases are:
- updated Spinosaurus
- Appalachiosaurus (I know, a long shot, but its one of my 3 favorite dinos)
- feathered Utahraptor
- some Titanosaur (enough of the Jurassic Classic sauropods!)
- some hadrosaur besides Parasaurolophus
- a ornithomimid

Archosauria

"Dinosaurs may be extinct from the face of the earth, but they are alive and well in our imaginations"

-Steve Miller

Shonisaurus

A Papo alioramus would be great. We need more tyrannosaurs than the tyrannosaurus rex.

On the other hand a titanosaurus like the saltasaurus would be necessary. There is hardly any in the market of the dinosaur of the toy saltasaurus after the descatalogación on the part of Carnegie and Schleich of their respective figures.

LeapingLaelaps

Honestly I would kill for a Gorgonops :P

Or more Pterosaurs. I never have enough Pterosaurs...

Disclaimer: links to Ebay and Amazon are affiliate links, so the DinoToyForum may make a commission if you click them.

Amazon ad: